Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!  (Read 30885 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!
« on: July 03, 2011, 07:25:55 pm »

I stumbled upon this game the other day. It's a pretty good time killer, and I've been enjoying it quite a bit.

Link to game: http://improbableisland.com
Oo! I found a Ref link. You should click it if you like me. Wish I knew about that before...: (using the ref link does not affect you in any way, but it gives me 1 supporter point each game day you play the game. Which is nice.)
http://www.improbableisland.com/home.php?r=quinnr

tl;dr: It's a hilarious, fun text-based MMO with a nice storyline and great people to chat with. If you'd like to read, I've outlined a lot of the game and its mechanics here.

EDIT: As requested, a Let's Play has been started by me at http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88157.0
Go help choose a name and implant now! :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 12:20:36 am by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Improbable Island
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 07:27:45 pm »

I loved this game, very funny. To bad since I left it for awhile it seemed to have wiped my character.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 07:31:02 pm »

Aww, that sucks. I can reteach you "Timed Combat" if you start playing again :P
I almost got the four-hit combo needed to teach it without a metronome, but I got off by 0.1 seconds on the last one. xD

That's when I gave up and 'cheated'.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 07:31:27 pm »

My favorite monster was Bad Puns I believe...

Description was along the lines of; as you wonder through the area you stumble across a clearing where there appears to be many pages of what looks to be works of Shakespeare and such, but covering a good percentage of the pages were the large lettering of the Word, WORD. Dropping the page you draw your weapon against this terrible play on words...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 07:32:14 pm »

Hm, I may give the game another shot sometime. If I remember correctly you could get certain mutations which gave you certain skills, like you could become a zombie.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 07:33:21 pm »

I use to love that game. Did defeat the Engine and all that. I loved the Probability Engine as a monster.

Would you consider doing an LP of that game?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 07:34:39 pm »

I think...that that's a great idea. Is there any policy on alts? I wouldn't want to do it on my main account..

Speaking of which, I've been starving for the entire game. Just today I got from dying to very hungry, and that took 2 Kittanian steaks.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 07:35:37 pm »

I forgot, but is there a guild system in this game? If I remember correctly player's could build buildings and such, and then make it like a meeting place for the group.
Welcome to Reality.

raalph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 07:35:46 pm »

This is a nice version of Legend of the Green Dragon.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 07:36:30 pm »

Your point?
Welcome to Reality.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 07:38:45 pm »

I forgot, but is there a guild system in this game? If I remember correctly player's could build buildings and such, and then make it like a meeting place for the group.

You can make a clan and have a clan "dwelling" for clannies. Not sure exactly HOW, but I know you can.

It's not like it tries to be secret about the codebase being from the Green Dragon. There is even a button to donate to the Author of it. But it is changed quite a bit, still under development, and a VERY different game.

And yes, you can have multiple accounts. I shall try to start a LP soon :)

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 07:46:06 pm »

Improbability drive?
Like? In the hitchhiker trilogy?
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 08:03:35 pm »

Improbability drive?
Like? In the hitchhiker trilogy?
The game has quite a few references. ;)

Also, the Let's Play has begun. I'll put a link in the first post in just a minute.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 08:18:10 pm »

I'm gonna play this again...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 08:20:55 pm »

Post your name here/PM it to me, if you'd like, I'd love to have some people to talk to!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22