Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Going to WAR!  (Read 1158 times)

Going to WAR!
« on: July 03, 2011, 06:56:00 pm »

I made a mistake and accidentally stole something from my homeland. So I fled to another country, dispatching some guards of my home country along the way. I made it to the new land, did some quests, got a good sized crew going and went back to my homeland to seek justice, but none of my soldiers helped in a fight against a local garrison of guards and so I died (thankfully, I keep backups :p).

Is there a way I can get both these nations to hate each other so they will attack each other on sight?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: Going to WAR!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 07:00:00 pm »

You could retire your current adventurer, make a new one of the civ that you're trying to get to go to war, and then attack wherever it is you want to attack. Ensure that as many people there as possible hit you before you die.

Then unretire your first adventurer, and lead the assault. Upon arriving, anyone who hit the first adventurer should be an enemy of your companion's civ resulting in their being attacked and vis a versa. As your companions defend themselves, they'll become enemies of the opposing civ.
I think this will work, anyways.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 08:26:48 pm »

I'll have to try this. Though, I don't like that bringing an adventurer of great renown out of retirement causes his renown to reset.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 09:51:38 pm »

There might be something you can do with DFhack or DFusion, then. Maybe.
I'm not sure, because I have yet to try this sort of thing yet.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.