Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: How Many Copies of DF Do You Have?  (Read 3967 times)

Merkuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Copies of DF Do You Have?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 04:26:46 pm »

Just two - one main copy and one for my laptop.  Both live in my Dropbox folder, so I can play either game from whatever machine I happen to be using at the moment.

The laptop has some problems with DF, and I get abysmal FPS if I don't turn off temperature and tweak a few other options, so it needs its own DF copy.  Sadly, I play that fortress so infrequently that it hasn't gotten very far.

Zeranamu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 05:15:06 pm »

I have 5 folders... one is DF .18, one is .21, one is .24 and .25. Don't use those folders anymore... one other folder is the .25 with the lazy newb pack and my slight mods that I normally play with, and one is vanilla for use when I get the mp server up and running. 

33,407 files, 1,574 folders. 2.31GB of space. :P

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 05:30:56 pm »

5. Vanilla, Genesis, Corrosion, Forlorn Realms, Fortress Defense.
Only now have I realized how many I have. Wow.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 06:32:06 pm »

I've just recently cleared mine out, but I had 19 seperate folders. I had an ASCII folder and Ironhand folder for each version from 31.18 to 31.25, and a Phoebus and Mike Mayday folder for 31.18 when I was trying out different tilesets. I also had a regular ASCII version of a number I can't remember, which had the bug causing geese to lay iron chairs. That bug was fixed without changing the version number so I called it 31.whatever (lolgeese) or something like that.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 06:34:30 pm »

Three.
One for playing, one for testing a variety of things/having quick access to vanilla raws, one specifically for testing Legacy.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 06:52:01 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:28:04 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 07:01:13 pm »

I have ten, including a linux version on my (windows) laptop alone, and a few on various other computers.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 07:03:18 pm »

...I have 42 copies. somehow.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 07:12:34 pm »

Well, lets see...

In new laptop I have five versions of DFA, each one being the different version of the mod, not counting the lite versions. Then I have vanilla ascii, one with Phoebus' graphic set and one with Mayday's graphic set. That makes eight versions.

On my old laptop I have sixteen different versions of DFA, again different versions of the mod. I also have one for Phoebus' set, Mayday's set, vanilla ascii, Genesis version, 40d version and one for old 2D version.

In my desktop I have 40d, unreleased version of DFA (contains the basics of archeology feature which will be implemented later) and one with Phoebus' graphic set.

So, in total, I have 33 versions of Dwarf Fortress stashed in my computers. Note that I didn't count all the different releases of DF I have stashed in my external HDs and memory sticks. If I count those as well I think I have around 50, though I'm in no mood of checking all those sticks and HDs to get the exact number.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 07:35:48 pm »

IDEK. Lots. At least a dozen. Most of them vanilla-plus-tileset. A couple mods, a few utilities... I'm sure I'd have more if my copies of 0.31.18 and older hadn't been eaten when my old computer died...

The main folder that contains all my DF games and utilities and such has about 1.28 GB of stuff in there.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 08:12:26 pm »

I have every version since .18 (and .14 Genesis for some reason). I also have some old mod I was working/failing on a while back that I haven't gotten around to deleting.
くコ:彡

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 09:41:28 pm »

To clarify mine, I currently have:
1 unused ASCII 40d
1 .18 Ironhand (my original Mayday got lost during a file shuffle)
2 .19, one is Genesis the other is Vanilla, both Phoebus
5 .21 with various mods/mod attempts
1 .22 modded with some infinite-materials hax
3 .25 with different tilesets and mod setups

13 versions total.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 09:46:12 pm »

I have three.
The first is my main game (in ASCII), containing whatever mods I am playing with. The second is called DFTest, and is where I do all my raw editing shenanigans before I place them in my main game. The third is "zz_DF_Default" (so that is always at the bottom) containing my Init settings and default raws.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 09:51:28 pm »

12. A few are older 31.## versions i haven't gotten rid of yet, as well as Ironhand Graphics ones and couple of my own mods, but one is 27.169.33a which i have around because i'm modding in the 40d Demons and i need that old version for reference.

If you count the DF - Multiplayer Edition thing, i have 13 copies.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 09:57:13 pm »

I have several, a bunch of old versions I can't bear to be parted with because of my saves, a bunch of mods, and a few possibly bugged copies. I stuffed everything up so much, I just ended up using the copy that came with LNP, which I only downloaded for Runesmith. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4