Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help me with my adventurer  (Read 511 times)

Ascaronth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help me with my adventurer
« on: July 03, 2011, 02:16:17 pm »

Yes, I know this post does not belong here, but the adventure mode discussion forum isn't very lively, at least atm. So, my problem is that my adventurer is stuck in a town that is segfaulting wherever I go, hence I cannot "leave this site" (evil civ town) and continue my adventure. I would be grateful if someone could exit the town and save in the wilderness. Version is 31.25 and I'm using civilization forge mod, I don't think it matters tho because the save is the whole region, and it's located here.

Hope you'll help me ;)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Help me with my adventurer
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 02:22:47 pm »

I once knew a player in another game named SegFault...  He was a bit of a douchebag...  DL'ing this now.

Ascaronth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 02:25:32 pm »

Thank you very much :3

And yeah, no wonder he was kind of a douchebag with a nick like that :P

...I hate typos
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 02:28:45 pm by Ascaronth »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 02:32:26 pm »

I tried. No luck. Can't exit to the east, west, north, or south. There may be a way to solve this, but I know of none. Make a new adventurer or something. This stuff happens.

Ascaronth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 02:36:19 pm »

Damn, and I hoped it was a problem with my pc. It's strange though, it happened with civilization forge, monster hunter universe and genesis, but I don't see many topic about it, so I guess that either I am pretty unlucky or something's wrong...

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 02:40:09 pm »

I think something just went wrong. Glitches like that happen all the time (relatively). Even in "completed" games random issues occur. It's no surprise it happens in an alpha.

When a game gets "stuck" try to fix the problem. After that, back up the save, delete it, and start anew.

By the way, what was that a town of? I glanced through a description, and got a vague impression of a dino-man.

Ascaronth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 02:44:12 pm »

Yep, dynasauri town (or whatever it's spelled). It's a new civ intruced by civilization forge.

Anyway, I must be pretty unlucky then, seeing how my last 3 adventures in 3 different mods had the same exact problem. I'll keep trying then... I discovered I could go quite a bit west before the game crashed (although it did hang for 3-4 seconds a couple of times) and if I can get to the part of the town without shops, It's done.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 02:48:18 pm »

Yep, you can go quite a bit west. It's weird how it's like you just can't leave the town. Can't leave any "tile" to the north or south.

3 adventurers in 3 different mods? Completely different mod sets? If so, did you use a clean download of DF for each?

Ascaronth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 02:54:07 pm »

I used the same DF download, so that might be the issue but I never had any other crash so it's quite odd. I did a little adventure in vanilla but I never got to a town so I don't know if it would crash there too.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 02:57:15 pm »

I doubt there would be a problem in vanilla. I don't think the issue is with your computer, if it does the exact same thing so much on others.

When in doubt, make a fresh install. Just download and unpack the game into a new folder, install the mods, etc. It seems you're going to have to make a new adventurer anyway.