Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: [Community] Angelgate, a Corrosion Community Fort  (Read 12371 times)

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] Angelgate, a Corrosion Community Fort
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2011, 11:34:08 am »

thats what i was saying. if i kill the guards who try to stop us, then this place will get over run so why kill the guards?

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 11:52:51 am »

guards are replaceable. and we won't kill them ALL. just the ones stupid (or brave, depends on your view of the thing) enough to oppose us. at the gate that we will use to make our escape.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 12:01:30 pm »

Why do you even care about your old home? Kill them all and take their weapons. It'll be a while before you can get materials to make them so grab what you can now.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 12:59:15 pm »

One thing your all overlooking is how you can kill heavily armed gate guards in the first place. These guys have been fighting infected for years, and are veterens. I say a quick escape is better than getting our asses kicked. Live now to massacre something another day.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2011, 01:03:18 pm »

One thing your all overlooking is how you can kill heavily armed gate guards in the first place. These guys have been fighting infected for years, and are veterens. I say a quick escape is better than getting our asses kicked. Live now to massacre something another day.

khm*agish*khm

seriously, this guy IS A SPECOPS OPERATIVE. IF YOU'D READ THE STORY I WROTE (in the spoiler) YOU'D KNOW THAT.

then there's the option: agish snipes the guards down, we get out via truck means.

and another one! bribe the guards and GO!

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2011, 01:21:51 pm »

Well, I'm just a farmer with a rusty old scythe! You can't help but worry if you were in a situation like me, right? But anyway, now that I read your going to take the truck after sniping the guards, I'll agree with your plan.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2011, 11:37:42 pm »

Well, i just sugest this stuff. Dohon writes it :P
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:45:50 pm by kerlc »

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2011, 06:14:24 am »

Hey, when are the weekly updates? Which day? And can we expect you to sometimes update more than once a week?
(like, you update more than once a week cuz you feel like it, or are you a 'stick to the schedule' kind of person?)

I intend to update weekly. That means one update a week. I intend to release an update each sunday, which allows all who is interested to vote upon the "dilemma's" and / or write some backstory. Right now, updates are more frequent because they are text-only. The next update will be the last one and after that, everything written down will be driven by actual gameplay.

However, if I notice I have more time, I might do extra updates. But I rather have a conservative schedule. This way, nobody will be too disappointed.

On another note: thank you all for your contributions (both the votes and the backstory). So far, the gun's blazing option is winning, so, expect some (hopefully exciting) action soon. ;)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 06:28:16 am by Dohon »
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2011, 08:54:15 am »

Another thing I'm concerned about is them shooting out our wheels or deploying spike strips in our way. Also, explosives will take out the truck and all our supplies (not us though. OP needs us for the story  :P).

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2011, 08:57:31 am »

Another thing I'm concerned about is them shooting out our wheels or deploying spike strips in our way. Also, explosives will take out the truck and all our supplies (not us though. OP needs us for the story  :P).

what part of sniping did you not get ??? ? figures the sniper is going to snipe down people  before he gets in the truck for a speedy getaway.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2011, 09:12:11 am »

what part of sniping did you not get ??? ? figures the sniper is going to snipe down people  before he gets in the truck for a speedy getaway.

The part I'm concerned on is how a single sniper can manage to snipe out all the guards. Besides, I'm merely voicing my concern so we won't be caught off guard by these potential problems the OP may or may not grace our little band with.

Things are never that simple with forum games, so it never hurts to be a little careful, you know?

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2011, 12:04:40 pm »

read my story. really. he is an expert, 50 confirmed killed reinheit. that means that he had proof he'd done it. gasmask etc. so, let us assume that there are 10 people guarding the gate, wich is as far as i understand
the biggest threat.  but i don't think the biggest group will be on patrol that day. night. whatever. (since the basic minuteman squad (not the first one you appoint) has 5 memebers) and, no being careful is fine.
so i'm not saying we should be reckless. i have already proposed an alternative: bribe.
but if we DO encounter 10 guards.... you can hide in a barrel  :P.

just kidding. it will be more fun.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2011, 01:42:00 pm »

but if we DO encounter 10 guards.... you can hide in a barrel  :P.

>:(

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2011, 02:43:27 pm »

I am incredibly sorry if i insulted you, but i was input kidding.     :-\

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2011, 07:39:35 pm »

I still say kill the guards and take the weapons. As to the spike traps, etc, we'll just drive as carefully as we can at 90 MPH.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7