Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Peasant Fort Sucession (Skills Schmills, skilled labour is for elves!)  (Read 10712 times)

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweet ,thanks. At least my wife wasn't a noble. She was one of those useful miners.
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just posting to say I will be taking a second turn after Aston.
Ant body else is welcome to take a second turn with a minimum of 3 turns between their last go.
Join the new Hermit Succession

GrueSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May I have a turn? A peasant succession fort sounds like fun.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also i'll add you to the list in a second Grueslayer
Join the new Hermit Succession

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

I might as well take the next turn before someone else does.
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

HighZealot’s Journal: 7th Hematite
The captain of the guard’s room is finished along with some stockpile rooms. The rooms I give nobles are a bit too great.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

11th Hematite
I got some more wells up above salt water. Thankfully nobody notices it’s salty. I hear that the river is always frozen yet I’ve also heard that when the first dwarves came here it wasn’t. I might need to work on pumping magma under the river.

12th Hematite
I have no idea what that lever did but I’m hoping it does what I think it will.

13th Hematite
Well I have no idea what that did but I’m pulling it again just in case. Also adding more water wheels to our power source.  Also the snow melted today. Well some of it. I can only hope that the brook with unfreeze too.

Same day
Well Conan just rushed into my office and said he’s marrying the gem cutter Iton Bershigos. Sadly they’ve forego any formal celebrations.

18th Hematite
It started snowing again. Also getting the goblins into a pit is harder than it seems despite the hatch cover. Only two of them actually went in.

21st Hematite
Those two goblins are about to get killed. Five of our militia are already standing by. PULL THE SWITCHES!

23rd Hematite
Goblins are no match for us. It seems Edem Medtobsavot got both kills with his iron short sword and he’s only a dabbling sword user.

24th Hematite
Iton the husband of Conan who was actually a girl (Conan the girl incase it's not clear) suffocated due to the battle. Funny thing is that Conan is still ecstatic. Marriage must suck.

6th Malachite
FUCK! MAGMA FLOOD! So that was why that pump stack was turned off. I was hoping to pump so magma under the river melt the ice and failed to notice that the last pump was on the same level as the surface. Thankfully it seems no one was hit by the magma but some people will have to wait outside for some time. The buzzard died though along with someone’s dog.

7th Malachite
THIS IS NOT THE FUCKING TIME FOR A PARTY! I SHOULD DUMP YOU ALL IN THE MAGMA! AND WHAT’S THIS? THE BROOK UNFROZE BY ITSELF! ALL THIS FAILURE FOR NOTHING!

15th Malachite
More migrants. How I want to burn them in the magma. They can’t even get in since the magma isn’t all gone yet. Some of the traps are being fixed though.

20th Malachite
The bridge is gone and with the magma in the way it looks like I am going to build a temporary tunnel for people to get in

23rd Malachite
We now have 109 dwarves including me and we have got two brand new soldiers. A hammerdwarf and one who purely knows how to fight

24th Malachite
I love how some of the dwarves are willing to jump over lava just to put cages in the traps. Also the river froze again

2nd Galena
Those cows the migrants brought make good food. We were low on meat. Seeing as we have so much bones I think it’s time to make some bone bolts. I question why none of the bones are going into the refuse piles when they clearly allow bones.

5th Galena
A miner gave birth. I usually write about who they are and how the baby looks like but meh, I’m tucked out.

12th Galena
My great tomb is completed build inside the thingy above the trade depot. Two of the statues are pretty great too. Nice job Catten.

13th Galena
SIEGE INCOMING! Those fucking goblins. The only group I heard of was of bowmen led by Snodub the pikemen. Why the hell are they bowmen and pikemen when they’re now even men? It seems safe to lock up thought since no one is outside. Hopefully they won’t take pot-shots at any dwarf who goes out for some air. The bridge wasn’t up yet so a simple walling of the temporary tunnel should work.

15th Galena
Well they’re taking shots at the animals though. I let all the pets in while the strays can fend for themselves.

16th Galena
I took a peak at them and god it’s like a barrage. I assume they can run out of arrows.
Oh the leopard got riddled with arrows and killed first.

17th Galena
They ran out of arrows and are now holding up in the tunnel. Stupid goblins wasting arrows on useless animals.

20th Galena
The tunnel is open and the militia is standing by. Only one of the goblins have a melee weapon and the rest have no ammo. This is gonna be fun.

21st Galena
Well this has nothing to do with the siege but holy flying roach!

22nd Galena
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY STILL HAVE AMMO? JUST FUCKING CHARGE NOW!

23rd Galena
FUCK YOUR NEW BORN DAUGHTER
NO! Urhrir and Meng are dead. Thankfully they had no friends. Well the siege is broken now.
A baby got stabbed in the battle. He or she should be fine.

26th Galena
Our “hospital” is gonna needed to be tweeked a bit. It doesn’t even have tables for Armok’s sake. People are resting on the god damn floor too.

1st Limestone
Well it is now autumn and once the new dining hall is down, I’m getting some much needed beer and food.

5th Limestone
I ain’t going in that tunnel. It’s fucking full of vomit.

12th Limestone
The dining room is done and I’ve drew a map of the entire known fortress but for now,
HighZealot cancels update journal: eat

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-10561-slaughterbabies
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

Oidip you messed up the turn list. Grue is supposed to be before me and we're both marked as turn 8.

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

6th Malachite
FUCK! MAGMA FLOOD! So that was why that pump stack was turned off.

Ha, ha, ha.  I guess i forgot to mention that  :D

also the lever in Brimir's room is for raising the enterance bridge, but since it was destroyed it's now inactive

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

HighZealot’s Journal: 13th Limestone
Another forgotten beast has decided to hang out with its friends. It has wings but no other limbs. It can fly but I see no way to can fly to us.

14th Limestone
The tanner/macedwarf Cog Oddomzagod has withdrawn from society. She does not seem to be talking with her friends nor lover. I assume she wants to make something despite the fact she can’t walk. We really need more crutches and she needs to take that arrow out of her.

Moments later
Well she was actually resting at the time so disregard most of the things above.

15th Limestone
She took over a leather works not that anyone was using it.

21st Limestone
I’ve used this lever as a self-destruct lever which will activate the magma pump stack which will then flood the fortress. I stuck a note on to it saying self-destruct so I’m sure the next overseers will know what it does. Next action is to put an animal next to it so no one will pull it without me knowing.

27th Limestone
The bridge is up again and this time, it’s made of nickel. I didn’t really have a reason for using nickel other than the fact I wanted to but maybe it might be magma proof.
Also Cog has begun to work with her yak leather, pine logs, sphalerite (not that I know what that is) and a rough green tourmalines.

7th Sandstone
Almost the entire area around the dining room has been smoothed out. I might as well put me some nice rooms there. Walls almost entirely made of statues anyone?

13th Sandstone
Cog has finished her new leather leggings Diamondblowing also known as Dorenetes worth 31560 dwarfbucks. I might give to Connan.

24th Sandstone
Another child born. Now the woodcutter Vabok has three kids. I’m not the biggest fan of kids. On a side note, my new rooms are coming along nicely.

1st Timber
Great migrants. I’m tempted to just kill them all but meh, the next overseer can make rooms for them. Four of them joined our militia. Population now at 119.

13th Timber
Another ghost has been put to rest. Should be the last one and along with that, MY NEW ROOMS ARE DONE! Fit for a king. I mean to be the baron and then count and finally duke of this place and I made sure the rooms would have what I would need to be those. Now as a warning to the next overseers, if you give my room away and chose another for baron, I will burn them and you in the magma. I will not hesitate.  You can not complain for I have warned you ahead of time.

15th Timber
The dwarven caravan has arrived and along with the outpost liaison who’s a fisher. Time to make some offerings to the king and become a baron and then a count and finally duke of this land. The militia will stand by the entrance in case some goblins followed them.

19th Timber
Closing the gates for safety. Don’t want any goblins killing the merchants.

20th Timber
I got rid of the liaison since I we had no exports for a baron yet but I forgot about ordering items. Should have let the mayor stay mayor instead of taking his or her spot. Oh well. Traded for very little metal but quite a few of drinks. I also got a small amount of cheap weapons.

21st Timber
A wolf is now guarding the dooms day lever of doom. Also, they is finally some sparing action.

25th Timber
Told ya closing the gates were a good idea. Now there’s some goblins who sprang out of ambush to find the gate closed. Three of them wandered into the cage traps.

28th Timber
The militia didn’t get any action thanks due the cages. The season was extremely boring. Hopefully next season will be better.

(ooc:Will be finished by tomorrow. This season was quite uneventful too. Also the part about me killing your dwarf is true. Don't even dare)

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

HighZealot’s Journal: 3rd Moonstone
Taking a peak at some of the other dwarves rooms, I notice that their clothes are lying all over the ground. Well, the masons are doing nothing so they can get some cabinets for everyone.

6th Moonstone
I MANDATE GRATES TO BE BUILT. On a side not, taking away the goblins items is taking a lot longer than I thought it would even with most of the fortress helping.

17th Moonstone
Roads are currently being built and while I wish we had enough gold for a gold road, we don’t have enough nor do we have enough of any metal for a road like that.

22th Moonstone
Let’s welcome another forgotten beast to our kind caverns. I think it’s another slug with wings though I don’t remember if the last one was a slug. And there it wanders back into where we can’t see. I pity the overseer who opens up a doorway for them.

25th Moonstone
I forced four dwarves to join the fortress guard. While there is one is prison yet, I don’t want anyone dying cause no one is feeding them.

27th Moonstone
The merchants are finally gone and along with them, any chance to completely take our their goods right off their back with no consequences.

11th Opal
Every single metal arrow in this fortress shall be melted down. More importantly, those individual arrows shot need to be melted since they somehow provide the most metal.

12th Opal
Looks like Conan has a secret idea and she won’t seem to tell anyone. Let’s see what she makes.
Looks like someone gave birth while asleep and now the baby is crawling away. I find the kind of funny for some strange reason.

Later that day
Conan has claimed a craftsdwarf workshop. I’m pretty sure someone was planning to use it.

14th Opal
Well Conan already has what she needs for what she’s making.  I hope she makes something good. A hammer would make sense though I don’t think she will make one.

17th Opal
Looks like the road leading out of our home has be finished for some time now.

18th Opal
Conan is done with her…mug. Let’s take a look at Gomathakil, The Legendary Points worth 36000 dwarfbucks.

9th Obsidian
Another FB has decided to camp out in the caverns. Thank Armok, I’m don’t have to breach the caverns. And there it goes back into the unknown.

11th Obsidian
Every single room should have a cabinet now except for one. I question why someone put a bed there. No, it’s not in a stockpile.

17th Obsidian
We have enough bone bolts so let’s make some bone crafts. We have like nothing to trade anymore.

18th Obsidian
Just for the hell of it, I decided to put the artifact grate I made in my tomb. I would put it in my other rooms if there was room in the rooms.
(ooc: I only just noticed that the dwarf I claimed made it)

28th Obsidian
Astesh, our fortress’s greatest cook is creating master roasts. Perfect trade goods and oh so delicious. He shall now be known as the engraver of food. Along with that, a new kitchen just for the legendary shall be made.

1st Granite
Well the year is over before the new kitchen is up so for now, the kitchen we have now is for legendary and the next overseer must order food him or herself. Let’s take a look at what we have. We have over a 1000 roasts and 800 drinks. I now past on the role of overseer to the first dwarf I see who is apparently Kalban! Good luck guy.

(ooc: The last two season were really uneventful and to the next overseer, tell the new kitchen to make the best meals on repeat and don't touch my rooms and make me baron or I will kill you and whatever baron you chose over me on my next turn and your corpses will be atom smashed and ghosts will not be put to rest)

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4652

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

Is the mini magma flood not worthy to be a highlight of the fort?

kalban

• Bay Watcher
  • Grates are Great!
    • View Profile

Downloading now.  I hope to get at least one update up tonight. By the way, nice updates highzealot!

Edit: On second thought, I'll wait until tomorrow to update so I can do it right.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 10:51:55 pm by kalban »

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

Thanks man. Don't forgot to name a dwarf after youself if there isn't one already.

kalban

• Bay Watcher
  • Grates are Great!
    • View Profile

1st Granite, 139
    Well, I guess I’m the new overseer.  I learned this when highzealot shoved a bunch of papers in my arms and said “You’re the new overseer. And you better make me Baron.” He then walked off, continuing to mutter about being baron.
    Looking through the papers, about half of them were written in unidentifiable fluids detailing what would happen to the overseer who didn’t make highzealot Baron. The others proved more useful, although a few things stood out to me as needing to be rectified.  Chief among them was the lack of variety of alcohol in the fort.  Of the 859 drinks we have in the fortress, 802 are dwarven wine. I am forbidding plump helmets from being used for brewing for the time being. Also, we lack sufficient beds for our population. Ideally we would have enough for 200 dwarves to cover the next few waves of immigration.
    The caverns are also a concern. It appears we have never mapped out any of the cavern layers and now have an unknown number of forgotten beasts living within. I intend to address both of these over the next year. Currently, I can see the forgotten beast Ab lingering down by the magma. I also note that if he were inclined to, he could swim through the magma and up to our fortress. Being a huge eyeless scorpion though, I don’t think he would.
   Finally, our defenses remain primarily cage based. I’d like to set up more elaborate siege protection.

2nd Granite, 139
   It appears we lack seeds for any underground crops but plump helmets.  Also, cooks had been instructed that it was okay to cook alcohol. I’ve reinstructed our cooks and I will be creating an above ground farm to give us more variety of food.
   Also, our butcher shops were cluttered because they are on the surface and all dwarves are ordered to ignore refuse from outside.  I’ve temporarily changed their orders to clean them out.

25th Granite, 139
   Congratulations to Edem Balsigun on giving birth to a boy.
   In other news, since we have a legendary bowyer I’ve ordered some bone crossbows made. It will whittle down some of our refuse and hopefully get us some masterpiece bows in the process.

27th Granite, 139
   Migrants have arrived. I still haven’t built bedrooms for those we have yet but we could use the extra hands. Looks like 19 in all, many with military skills.
   Shortly after they arrive a dwarf rushes in to my office. “F-F-F-F-Feb is b-b-b-back!” Seems a wrestler wasn’t laid to rest properly and has come back as a ghost to take it out on us. We don’t have any slabs ready right now but I’ll tell the manager to make 30 of them so we’re prepared in the future.

2nd Felsite, 139
   Feb has finally been laid to rest. That’s one less thing to bother us. All 30 slabs are also finished so it should be a quicker process to memorialize dwarves in the future.

11th Felsite, 139
   Elves have arrived. I hope they brought some useful animals. I’ve also noticed a tingle in the back of my neck. Some old saying about elves and danger is running through my mind.

14th Felsite, 139
   My paranoia has served me well. Just after I order the drawbridge closed behind the elves, it’s announced that goblins have arrived to siege us. I’ve been too focused on other projects to build up siege defense, so for now the drawbridge is our only defense. The first wave consists of 7 spearmen led by a lasher, but I’ll keep my eye out for others.  If this is it, I may just send the military out to meet them.

16th Felsite, 139
   Sure enough, three more squads have shown up. Another squad of speargoblins led by a swordmaster, a squad of lashers led by an elite crossbowman, and a squad of trolls. The crossbowman worries me the most.  Although there’s only one, it could take down countless dwarves. Also, looking over our squads, we seem to be short on mail shirts, legwear, and shields. I’ve decided to try and wait them out for now. I’ll get some bronze manufacturing up and see if we can equip our troops better before I send them out.

19th Felsite, 139
   I decided to take this opportunity to trade with the elves. As far as animals, they had a panda, a jaguar, a black bear and some reindeer.  I took them all as well as all the food and drink they had. I traded away some bone crafts and worthless goblin goods.  When I asked them about more animals, they told me stories of ill dealings with dwarves in the past and how they are loathe to bring expensive items. I decided to offer some of the low quality green glass spikes I’ve had made to their leader to see if they might bring some giant animals down the road.

24th Felsite, 139
   A child developed a fey look in his eye two days ago and claimed a craftsdwarf workshop. Thankfully, today he began construction on some type of wooden craft. I hope he’s not some kind of elf-lover.

28th Felsite, 139
   Definitely some kind of elf-lover.

That’s it for Spring. This is taking longer than I thought but I should still finish within my week.  Also, I went back and fulfilled dorf requests.  These are the currently living named dwarves in the fortress:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8