Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Organised internal resistance  (Read 541 times)

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
Organised internal resistance
« on: July 02, 2011, 12:41:12 pm »

Anyway to have a full blown, organised riot? I know tantrum spirals are one thing but their not organised. I'm talking about a group of unhappy dworfs going bezerk at any one point and having to intervene via the military before the blighters could tear a new one into your fortress. Any way to mod it in? Any way to simply have it happen? I've never really had a seriously unhappy fortress, hence the unsureedness.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
  • Detests !!Caravans!! for their terrifing antics.
    • View Profile
Re: Organised internal resistance
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 12:48:03 pm »

There is the "Loyalty Cascade" which happens if you have the military kill a member of you're civ.
If it's organised well enough you could have 2 factions in the fortress that attempt to kill each other on sight.
Currently I have "The Breached Anus of brides"  sounds like a disastrous honey moon.
Exactly. Ethics in DF are very realistic - trivial and pointlessly selectively ex/inclusive.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 01:01:18 pm »

Military intervention would only make the cascade worse, though.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 01:35:16 pm »

Cascades are awesome, you can play through one three times and it will turn out differently every time.  Military will usually be left standing (and quite hostile to your civ), but no always.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
  • Detests !!Caravans!! for their terrifing antics.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 01:52:57 pm »

I ended up with one Legendary Hammer (my only military dwarf) chasing my entire fortress in a big circle.....I think I lol'd a blood vessel in my brain loose......

I wonder what would happen if a dwarf taking part in a cascade is holding a baby ...SCIENCE!
Currently I have "The Breached Anus of brides"  sounds like a disastrous honey moon.
Exactly. Ethics in DF are very realistic - trivial and pointlessly selectively ex/inclusive.