Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Oblivion RTD:Ch. 2, Drowning in Darkness; Turn-9: On a Hiatus  (Read 21785 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

...Really, Dwarmin? On top of everything else it's now a kill on sight situation? ::) I was all right when it was just the two of us bantering, what with that being the intention behind my making an elf character, but then Kaguro had to white knight (I understand that, we haven't interacted much so maybe he thought I had a problem with you) so I had to start arguing with him, even though it wasn't my intention to make a particularly argumentative character... and then Draignean of all people had to jump on the bandwagon as well, which was just overkill.

Anyway, I'm out. Just have Rel get munched by zombies or something, adwarf. I don't feel like fighting the rest of the party, and since Draignean and Dwarmin seem set on killing me I'd have to at some point if I stayed in.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

((Actuilly my guy was just joining in on the banter, but he's not used to dealing with non argonean's AND has a large vicious streak. He wasn't honestly trying to insult the elf, just get on her nerves.))

Kir had stopped speaking after the Nord's comment. He didn't like speaking of his banishment beyond that it had happened.  True Banishment is an extremely shameful thing among Argoneans, even shadowscales who never see their clan after infancy would be welcomed back with open arms should they go to their clan without abandoning their duities.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Doesn't matter now. The leader of the party and someone else have both decided that I have to die, so I'm just saving adwarf the trouble of having to run a combat sequence that frankly I'm not interested in playing either. If I was a vindictive sort I'd request a transfer to the villain's side, but I'm not so instead I just requested being killed off. Everyone wins. A troublesome character is gone so you don't have to worry about it, adwarf only has to write for five people, and I don't have to deal with a headache I didn't want in the first place. Even if they changed their minds about wanting me dead - which would make no sense in character - I'm still soured on the game now because of the incident and it would just cast a shadow on all future interactions. I would like to apologize to adwarf, though, since he didn't ask for this to happen and it's no fault of his I'm done with the RTD. :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile

He sighed as he watched the once-semi-friendly banter escalate, leading to the elf walking off. "Well... that was slightly discouraging." He took a quick glance around, his eyes scanning the weapons around him. He brushed over a few, his eyes and mind assessing their quality. He took some torches and food, before letting his eyes wander back to the weapons, searching for a sword.

Aqcuire torches, food and look at the swords in the room if any.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

((Ouch. I assumed we were still roleplaying, SC. The Commander was just recognizing a understandable threat to her men. I was actually hoping to mend the party back together if we met again. I assume Draignean meant the same.  :-\

Also, the banter was fun. The problem was, me and SeriousConcentrate pretty much agreed to it before the game started-it was part of both of our characters-and we know each other enough to do that without ruffling each others feathers.

When other players started jumping in to join the 'fun', I could see how you felt like you were being picked on, though, and that's not really fun for anyone. Anywho...))

She noticed the party was a bit shaken. Damn...first one ran, then all the others would follow. Commanders worst nightmare.

"I don't mean we kill her on sight-just that we have to be wary. She walked away from us, and we have to be careful. You walk away from your clan, you lose some rights, laws of life. I hope we can catch up to her and maybe knock some sense into her, but knowing Rel, it will require an axe to the head."

She spoke quietly to Kir as the group began to move forward.

"You've gone a bit quiet, Argonian-and your scales turned a shade paler. Got something on your chest, scaley? Confessions good for the soul, as one of these limp wristed Southern Priests might say. They've got a point though."

Kili swept her torch in front of her, unable to shake the feeling the Elf was waiting to ambush them. No way she could afford to lose any more men in this situation.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-
OOC: If you want I can have you solo from now on for a while since the story doesn't need all of you together till Ch. 5, but don't worry you, and the others wouldn't have fought Rocklin would have stopped it, and you would continue on. I am alright with the bickering if it fits with the RP,and the other agrees to do so, but don't go over teh top alright guys I don't want to lose players to that as its a real pain to find another player if one quits.

Rocklin
Rocklin looked up when he heard Atriad's question, and after a moment he pulled out a pipe, lit it, and took a puff before saying "Well our reports say that the closer you get to he center the stronger the feeling of evil is, so from that we can tell this being is powerful. We don't know exactly what it is since everyone who has wandered to close to the center has died, but my quess is its a Wraith, a soul of some nobleman who is filled with hate towards the world, but of course it could also be a Lich since the Nobles always wished for immortaility thats a possibility. All I know for sure is that this being is very powerful, adn that it can use very strong magic, but anything else is just a quess." as the words trail off a small ring of smoke floats up to the ceiling, and shatters into the air.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Eh, I'm bored so I'll answer the OOC.

I would think it was fairly obvious Rel had no intention of attacking the party; she's a profit motivated person and said as much to Kili ("my chances of getting paid are nil"). She wouldn't get anything out of attacking the others and is smart enough to know her chances of ambushing five or so warriors and surviving are considerably slimmer than her chances of slipping past the enemies in the catacombs and merely starting over somewhere else, not to mention that the party isn't carrying much and if she did win somehow the only things of any value would be Tal's weapons and maybe Eon's amulet. The risk greatly outweighs the reward, and she's not greedy enough to kill someone over their possessions anyway. Especially in such a dangerous situation like this, where if the 0.003% chance came up and she killed everyone and took their stuff, she'd still have to get past the undead and outrun the Orcs. To summarize: in character she'd have to be a damn idiot to attack the party, and Kili really should know that; out of character, I'm not a confrontational person and I hate fighting other players, so I wouldn't take a shot anyway.

Also, I know Draignean well enough to know he takes his characters fairly seriously, and it's canon that Magnus wants to kill Rel (he's said she 'owes him a duel' and it would be 'a fair fight to the death.' He has twice as much HP as I, and +2 to hit/dodge when fighting a single opponent, and a sword that hits for three times as much HP as I can regen, so unless he got unlucky every single round of the fight there is no way that duel wouldn't end in my death). The only hope I would have of dodging that bullet would be to avoid the party long enough for both Kili and Magnus to get offed and then rejoin the rest, which frankly isn't worth the annoyance and effort of making the GM juggle the main party and then me doing whatever I wanted elsewhere until that happened, and even then frankly Rel has no reason to join up with them. She has no opinion of Justarr or Atriard and dislikes Kili (argumentative), Magnus (sexist pig), and Kir'zhon (death threats and general racism Dunmer have for Argonians), and since the main plot hook hadn't been introduced by the time of her leaving she would neither believe nor care about anything any of them had to say, assuming they even ever ran into her again. That wouldn't be likely; if Cyrodiil -which she has no stake in beyond robbing it- is currently a warzone, she would certainly leave the country for safer regions to burgle.

@ninja adwarf: Sorry dude. Like I said, I have no intention of rejoining the party again. One, possibly two characters want to kill mine, and it makes no sense for her to rejoin the party, now that she's left it, unless something major happened in chapter 5 that forced her to. That's a long way off though, and I don't want to hold everyone else up by making you divide your attention between a party that's actually doing stuff relevant to the plot while I mess around marking time until then. Just chuck her into a trap or something; at least that way her death will be useful so the rest of the party doesn't have to worry about springing it. :-\ I might rejoin later but right now I just don't really feel up to it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mini - Turn

As Rel leaves the room, and begins walking down one of the five hallways that are spread-out infront of the storeroom a sudden cold fills the air, and several shadows appear in each of the halls making their way towards Rel. Rel turns to run back in, but her body suddenly freezes, and she has no control over her actions, and she is forced to stand their helpless as the shadows close in, and as one of them reveals their a face he seems to be a young man with a scar across his eyes, and he says "Long time no see Rel." with a smirk on his face he slams the club aginst her head, adn darkness envelops her.

OOC: Well when you want back in tell me you will have the same character, but Rel will be stronger. Also I would have had you also do something plot related, so it really wouldn't have mattered if I did you, and the others seprately, but its alright since you wish to quit for now.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

((Well, that ended in complete diasaster. I blame myself for letting everything fall on SeriousConcentrate. I would have pulled a  "No one insults the Elf but me!" line, if I wasn't such a coward.   :( ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

((Nah, I'm the first one who jumped in. Sorry guys, I was just trying something new since I normally play very quiet characters who don't talk much and wanted to have mine join the banter. Though this might not have been the best character to try that with))
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well, that ended in complete diasaster. I blame myself for letting everything fall on SeriousConcentrate. I would have pulled a  "No one insults the Elf but me!" line, if I wasn't such a coward.   :( ))
Yep from now on if you guys want to have your characters bicker I ask that all players involved give their consent then tell me that you all consented before you do, so.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Eh, I'm bored so I'll answer the OOC.

I would think it was fairly obvious Rel had no intention of attacking the party; she's a profit motivated person and said as much to Kili ("my chances of getting paid are nil"). She wouldn't get anything out of attacking the others and is smart enough to know her chances of ambushing five or so warriors and surviving are considerably slimmer than her chances of slipping past the enemies in the catacombs and merely starting over somewhere else, not to mention that the party isn't carrying much and if she did win somehow the only things of any value would be Tal's weapons and maybe Eon's amulet. The risk greatly outweighs the reward, and she's not greedy enough to kill someone over their possessions anyway. Especially in such a dangerous situation like this, where if the 0.003% chance came up and she killed everyone and took their stuff, she'd still have to get past the undead and outrun the Orcs. To summarize: in character she'd have to be a damn idiot to attack the party, and Kili really should know that; out of character, I'm not a confrontational person and I hate fighting other players, so I wouldn't take a shot anyway.

Also, I know Draignean well enough to know he takes his characters fairly seriously, and it's canon that Magnus wants to kill Rel (he's said she 'owes him a duel' and it would be 'a fair fight to the death.' He has twice as much HP as I, and +2 to hit/dodge when fighting a single opponent, and a sword that hits for three times as much HP as I can regen, so unless he got unlucky every single round of the fight there is no way that duel wouldn't end in my death). The only hope I would have of dodging that bullet would be to avoid the party long enough for both Kili and Magnus to get offed and then rejoin the rest, which frankly isn't worth the annoyance and effort of making the GM juggle the main party and then me doing whatever I wanted elsewhere until that happened, and even then frankly Rel has no reason to join up with them. She has no opinion of Justarr or Atriard and dislikes Kili (argumentative), Magnus (sexist pig), and Kir'zhon (death threats and general racism Dunmer have for Argonians), and since the main plot hook hadn't been introduced by the time of her leaving she would neither believe nor care about anything any of them had to say, assuming they even ever ran into her again. That wouldn't be likely; if Cyrodiil -which she has no stake in beyond robbing it- is currently a warzone, she would certainly leave the country for safer regions to burgle.

@ninja adwarf: Sorry dude. Like I said, I have no intention of rejoining the party again. One, possibly two characters want to kill mine, and it makes no sense for her to rejoin the party, now that she's left it, unless something major happened in chapter 5 that forced her to. That's a long way off though, and I don't want to hold everyone else up by making you divide your attention between a party that's actually doing stuff relevant to the plot while I mess around marking time until then. Just chuck her into a trap or something; at least that way her death will be useful so the rest of the party doesn't have to worry about springing it. :-\ I might rejoin later but right now I just don't really feel up to it.

You misunderstand me, I would have gone to great lengths to avoid killing you. I don't take Magnus that seriously as his name indicates (Life of brian joke) and I'll always bend the rules for when fun and what 'should' happen coincide.

Come back, the retcon calls you....

And I should have a made damn sure that I tipped Magnus on the scale of funny rather than offensive, I am again filled with shame and an ill defined hatred for my own character.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

That's all right, adwarf, just go ahead and kill her. She pretty much literally cannot rejoin the party for too many in-character reasons. When/if I come back I'll just make someone different. Thanks anyway, though. Also, Kaguro, you shouldn't feel bad. I could've adjusted to you and Dwarmin together. The real killer was Draignean jumping on the boat and wanting to kill my character then Dwarmin also giving the order to do so; that made me just give up the situation as completely FUBAR. I'm not going to play a character that everyone else in the party absolutely hates.

Edit: Relavesa is completely unsalvageable, and I have no further interest in using her. Again, when/if I come back it'll be as a character I want to play. Right now I just want to see her die so this is over with.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 11:28:39 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

That's all right, adwarf, just go ahead and kill her. She pretty much literally cannot rejoin the party for too many in-character reasons. When/if I come back I'll just make someone different. Thanks anyway, though. Also, Kaguro, you shouldn't feel bad. I could've adjusted to you and Dwarmin together. The real killer was Draignean jumping on the boat and wanting to kill my character then Dwarmin also giving the order to do so; that made me just give up the situation as completely FUBAR. I'm not going to play a character that everyone else in the party absolutely hates.

*Sigh*

I need to get this guy get killed so I can write someone who's less of a bastard.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Sigh*

I need to get this guy get killed so I can write someone who's less of a bastard.
Actually this room before you leave you could change your character I was using chapter 1 to let you test them out. (Its like the sewer exit in Oblivion basically)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22