Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Oblivion RTD:Ch. 2, Drowning in Darkness; Turn-9: On a Hiatus  (Read 21848 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Oblivion RTD: Chapter 1, Turn - 2 - Silver Leaf's Full Blooming Flower
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2011, 08:18:13 pm »

Atriard catches his breath as he stands before his handiwork, each of the soldiers nodding approvingly in turn as each enchantment is cast. "For the amount of power I used for these spells, this should do nicely." He looks over the glimmering shield on himself, "I can't afford to do anything more without drinking from my magicka salves."

Atriard's noticed a glimmer from his vest pocket, the one he had stored the pendant in. Looking out once more to everyone else, Atriard checks for anything more to assist with, "Everyone appears to be prepared properly, with the shields in place there's not much more I can do aside from searching for more equipment." Upon one more glance around the desolate area, he is taken aback, "No, I've already given this place a thorough look over and all I found was..." Atriard pulled out the pendant, "Guess this is the best time. All right, let's see what you're made of..." He begins an attempt to Identify the Pendant's powers with his Magic Detection

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2011, 08:19:41 pm »

Maybe you could split some of it up into paragraphs, it look sort of cluttered to me. Other than that, it's decent enough.
Ok I will split up each characters actions, and make their turns more indepth.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2011, 09:43:38 pm »

Kir worked on makeing more skeletons, if nothing else they would slow down the enemey when they broke through, if only for a few moments.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2011, 10:04:26 pm »

Justarr's eyes widened slightly, and nodded. "Of course, Sigumi... But, are you sure you'll die? You're the strongest Blade Lord I know..." He reached out to take the offered scrolls, saluting Sigumi with his sword. "In your name, I shall live untill these secrets are safe. The Legacy of the Silver Leaf will continue!" He stood straight at attention. If Sigumi was going to die, this battle was already over. And to him... it felt horrible.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2011, 10:19:38 pm »

Also there are several big events coming in the a couple turns after the gate is breached, but all of you won't awaken to your true powers until you face 'The Mask' for the first time. (when this happens you will unlock a bunch of spells, skills, and abilities)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2011, 10:30:41 pm »

Also there are several big events coming in the a couple turns after the gate is breached, but all of you won't awaken to your true powers until you face 'The Mask' for the first time. (when this happens you will unlock a bunch of spells, skills, and abilities)

Don't spoil everything now  :P

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2011, 10:36:26 pm »

Don't spoil everything now  :P
I am spoiling nothing since I actually plan for this to run to about Chapter 90 (I have a very massive story thoughtout (Suprisingly)) anyway the Skeletons Kaguro made will only last for an attack or two since they have an HP of 5, but they should give you a shield, but don't just rely on the soldiers (because about the only strong ones are tarok, and Henry) I would prefer if I didn't lose anyone in the first Chapter I also forgot something.
Trigger Added You will be forced to flee the battle through the catacombs when only Tarok, Henry, and Sigumi are left, or a secret character appears on the battlefield.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2011, 10:48:00 pm »

Might as well see I can get contol of the soldiers again
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2011, 12:03:13 am »

Magnus growled as he hurled the last of the deserters back into the lines, more fodder for the beasts. The men were scared and the barbarian wench's speech was about as rousing as having a blacksmiths file rubbed across your forehead, it was a fools dream that these idiots would claim even a single one of the light blasted invaders before they got themselves skewered. He rolled his shoulders, resigned to die as a hawk fighting beside pigeons, might as well help the battle blond dress the line.

He drew his sword with the clean whisk of steel cutting air, he didn't brandish it or poke it in their faces, he just held it ready to stab them through the balls if he needed to. He fixed the rag-tag lot of misfits he and Kili had managed to glean with a glare and began walking the short line."Right you armor pissing dogs, you have managed to end up in front of an invasion, you are going to die. Best get past that and soil yourself now, if your mother is in the lines feel free to cry on her, if not then suck it up. When the enemy comes stay with Ice Queen, she's seen battle before, if you lose your composure in battle before the north-woman does and try to run I will cut your balls off and make you a woman myself. The next to worst thing in this life is death, it's what you're going to be facing once that termite infested gate breaks open." Magnus paused for effect, taking a moment to let them wonder what the absolute worst thing in life was going to be while he cleaned an imaginary fleck of his sword. "The absolute worst thing that could happen will happen if you flee, I will hamstring you and leave you there. I hear some of the coalition have been getting mighty hungry in this siege, so unless you want to know what being eaten alive feels like then you will at least have the decency to throw yourself on one of their spears before you die just to make the wielder have to clean you off before he uses it again." Magnus finished walking the line and turn back to face them all again, his voice quieter this time.  "End of the road, if you can't stand it then feel free to slit your wrists now, the lizard should be able to do something interesting with your corpse. Otherwise, hold fast, kill a man or mer for every step you give them, and for the love of Azura do not make me chop your balls off for cowardice.

Assist Kili in rallying the troops

ooc: (You helped me, I helped you, we're square)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2011, 12:07:41 am »

Yell at the end of the speech. "If I see any cowards running away I will bring your soul back from death and force you to die as my own personal meatshield over and and over again."
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2011, 12:30:50 am »

adn the turn stuff alright, or is there something I could improve on?

Well... I was born a nazi for the purposes of basic grammar, so the use of your instead of you're bugs me slightly. You also seem to use a comma in front of every and, making the read a little jerky.

Other than that it's good.

Also, now that I've critiqued your work you may feel to critique mine. Nicely.*

*Otherwise I might never get over the rejection and spend the rest of my life huddled in the corner sobbing. :P
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 12:40:20 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2011, 12:38:14 am »

Lol well your writing is good better than mine for sure (Also since I can't write horror you got me there)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2011, 05:49:59 am »

Rel kept a watch out, shooting at a few orcs below just to stay in practice.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2011, 04:44:02 pm »

I will have a turn up later today.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oblivion RTD: Full Waiting List Open
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2011, 07:48:08 pm »

Chapter 1: 'The Shield of the People' Cracks, Turn - 3, Undead Horde, and the Remains of an Army

Atriard examines the pendant with his unique abilty of magic detection, and fines that the pendant contains a person's soul, or to be more precise the soul of the greatest Imperial Warrior, Hirishita, The Nine's Champion, and hero of the Great Siege, but in the end it seems the rumors that he survived the destruction of the Imperial City were true in a sense. You look at it shocked, and wonder what in the world to do with it. (Obtained Item: Hirishita's Soul Pendant (Unknown Qualities))

Kir sets about making more skeletons for his horde reviving body after body with his powers when he is about to make a the eigth one he senses a powerful soul nearby, and it sends a shiver up its spine as it seems the soul is much stronger than you, and all of your companions combined. After sensing that soul ou stop, and organize your horde trying to think who would be strong enough to have thatt kind of aura, and who could even seal it here in this realm.

Justarr accepts the scrolls, and as you tell him that he is the strongest Blade Lord he bursts out laughing, and says "No trust me I am nowhere near the most powerful Blade Lord there is one much more powerful than me, and do not worry my death won't be in vain the enemy won't be able to take me that easily. Now I must be going I have to something to prepare to make sure that I don't go down with out a fight." with that he turned, and jumped onto the roof of a nearby building, and speed off away to some secret location leaving you with the scrolls, and a letter. (Obtained Items: Mysterious Scrolls (Seals Left - 8 ), and Sigumi's Letter (Unopened))

Magnus, and the nord woman give the soldiers a grand speech (To bad they didn't notice one of the men pissed his pants from it) about fighting to the end, and as the speech come to a end the soldiers all jump, and scramble to get ready for the battle. You look at each other, and then walk off seeing as the gate was beginning to give way it meant the last battle was about to end.

Rel climbs to the top, and finds a group of five archers sending volley after volley down upon the army below, and as you look at the enemies size you see that the entire district was filled to the brim with orcs, khajit, argonians, and dark elves as they prepared to charge through the gate. As you look on firing an arrow here in there you see a fiqure jump off the tower to your left, and land on the perch of wood just above the gate you notice that he only wore a pair of pants, and that there were symbols drawn all over his body, and that he has two swords one across his back, and one strapped to his side.

Gates will be breached in 2 turns

Player Statuses
Will be added next turn.

Imperial City Inner Ring, North Gate
Friendly NPCs
Spoiler: Frail Zombie Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarok Kingsley (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Henry Hickleset (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Julius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Julia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Freda (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Algus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Rocklin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mage, Karrin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mage, Seraph (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mage, Duriston (click to show/hide)

Posting to save progress.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:31:59 pm by adwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22