Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Oblivion RTD:Ch. 2, Drowning in Darkness; Turn-9: On a Hiatus  (Read 21801 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Magnus moved through the final motions of his forms, the lazy movements of his blade flowing in a wide loop that terminated in his scabbard. Exhaling and opening his eyes he was unsurprised to find that a miracle had not occurred while he worked out the kinks from his nap on a flour bag. Raw recruits and mages with less power than he had been born with -and that was saying something- were still a significant portion of their rather meager force.

Sighing Magnus scuffed out the cross-this-and-get-a-blade-to-the-throat circle, they still had the Nordic broad, and Redguard bladesman... Oblivion take it, it didn't matter if all the vanished heroes and all the bodies in emperors way popped up and started throwing steel and fire, the sheer numbers of the enemy would would be their undoing. It was a choice between a cowards death or a heroes death, life seemed a fairly slim contender with those two titans slugging it out.

Left to his dark musing Magnus started checking houses, he would not loot from the capital of his own nation, but if he found anyone squatting and trying to avoid the battle he would damn well pull them out and add them to their meager lines.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Kili spotted Magnus rousing himself from his restful sleep, and begin poking around the houses for coward soldiers. She wished he would put one to the sword and toss his body into the street as a warning to others.

She believed, of most the soldiers here, he was probably the best-fast, strong and probably smart enough to realize how hopeless the bigger picture was. Once you abandoned things like "hope", you could get things done for real. He would cut his share of the enemy and then some, before they struck him down.

She mused-he'd probably have a place in her raiding pack, if he were a Nord. Too bad his soul chose such a weak vessel.

Then, Kili shouted...

"Magnus, you son-of-a-whore! If you find anyone hiding, tell them to get out here and fight, or make useful and kill themselves so we can use their bodies to line our barricades!"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ooc: Talarion, how did your character get 55 HP? I've got the heaviest END (Twice yours), the warrior birthsign, and I still only have 50.

PPE: Your fatigue looks too high as well.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile

ooc: Talarion, how did your character get 55 HP? I've got the heaviest END (Twice yours), the warrior birthsign, and I still only have 50.

PPE: Your fatigue looks too high as well.

Yeah, I calculated up 40 health, 10 base, +5 from the 5 levels of endurance, +10 from the 5th endurance, and +15 from The Warrior. Though, the fatigue seems legit, I calculated the 115, 50 base, +5 for each endurance and agility level, so +50, and +15 from the 5th level of endurance.

EDIT: That is something to note, though, when an attribute reaches 5 or 10, do both effects apply? Take for example endurance, which gives 5 points of fatigue every level and 15 on the fifth, does it apply BOTH the 5 for each level AND the 15 for the 5th, tallying up for a +20 fatigue bonus when going from Endurance 4 to 5? Or just the 15?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:52:08 pm by CrimsonEon »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure you get both bonuses, I calculated mine up that way.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm...

Draignean

(Base) 10
+
(1 pt Endurance bonus, 10x1) 10
+
(5 pt Endurance bonus 10x2) 20
+
(10 pt. Endurance bonus 25x1) 25
+
(Warrior Birthsign, 15)   15

=
80 HP

Seems your owed a bit more HP Draignean, if I calculated that right.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 03:24:29 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

That checks out to me; CrimsonEon also has 10 End and his HP is 65. So if he had the Warrior he'd have 80, too.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile

And as it turns out I missed a +5 in my calculations for my fatigue, so that's to be corrected. So I have 65 health and 200 fatigue.

Aren't calculations fun.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fatique doesn't go down when you attacked in this it is used up when you perform special skills such as Talarion's Sword Art, and the soldiers statues are still not finished it is listed at the bottom of the turn that I still need to finish them,a dn your spoilers.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry about the double post just wanted to tell you that I added the a description for the FIghter's Guild, Mage's Guild, Thieve's Guild, and Dark Brotherhood to my second post if anyone wants to read, but they are just copied from the wiki all the new lore will come when you find Entries for those factions. Most entries ar found by obtaining books, records, or notes scattered throughout the story, but for some Notable People finding Entries is hard for example to obtain Entry #1 for 'The Mask' you have to either kill the Insane Necromancer in Chapter 1, or wait until Chapter 3, and purchase it along with a book on the Demon's Circle.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm...

Draignean

(Base) 10
+
(1 pt Endurance bonus, 10x1) 10
+
(5 pt Endurance bonus 10x2) 20
+
(10 pt. Endurance bonus 25x1) 25
+
(Warrior Birthsign, 15)   15

=
80 HP

Seems your owed a bit more HP Draignean, if I calculated that right.

Oh... I was trying to make it a factored system so 26 endurance would have been two 10 point bonuses, a 5 point bonus, and a 1 point bonus instead of two 10 points, five 5 points, and twenty-six 1 point bonuses.

In short, I was doing it wrong.

Recalculated fatigue and Health...

80 HP 
180 Fatigue

Thanks for pointing that out guys.

---

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oblivion RTD: Full Waiting List Open
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2011, 07:33:27 pm »

Chapter 1: 'The Shield of the People' Cracks, Turn - 2, Silver Leaf's Full Blooming Flower

The man infront of Justarr turns, and after looking at you for a moment he says "You must be Justarr, Wielder, and Dual Blossom of the Silver Leaf. I am Sigumi, the Full Blooming Flower of Silver Leaf, and the last of all the Wardens, seeing as your here I would like to ask you something not as leader of Silver Leaf, but rather as a friend. I know in this coming battle I will meet my death for I must hold off the enemy for you, and the other Wielders to escape, so would you take these scrolls, and keep them with you ?" looking at the seven scrolls infront of you you notice they are tied together, and held by a seal of some sort upon seeing you notice the seal Sigumi says "When the time comes it will open for you showing that you are worthy of its knowledge until then fo not open it, and also take this letter when the scrolls open for you read this letter, and it will help you in your journey. "  with that he stood silent waiting your answer. Atriad goes over, and begins casting Shield of Cloth (-3 to all damage, You lose 75 Magicka) on all of the soldiers, and your allies. Kili, and Magnus go around gathering up the soldiers, and bringing them to the main gate overall you manage to gather up eight soldiers as the rest are off making sure the other gates are blocked by rubble, and debris. Rel goes about finding a hiding spot, and manages to find a small wooden archer box up above the gate you settle down, and prepare for the coming enemies. Kir quickly goes about raising some of the skeletons on the ground, and manages to create twelve skeletons armed with knives, and rocks, but they are frail, and won't last long against the horde soon to break through the gates. (-85 Magicka, +12 Frail Zombie Thief Minions)

Gates will be breached in 3 turns

Player Statuses
Will be added next turn.

Imperial City Inner Ring, North Gate
Friendly NPCs
Spoiler: Tarok Kingsley (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Henry Hickleset (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Julius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Julia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Freda (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Algus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Rocklin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mage, Karrin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mage, Seraph (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mage, Duriston (click to show/hide)
I went ahead, and made another turn I will finish all spoilers when the gates are breached also PLOT ! is happening

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oblivion RTD: Chapter 1, Turn - 2 - Silver Leaf's Full Blooming Flower
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2011, 08:06:48 pm »

OOC: For reference, Arrows are unlimited, right?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2011, 08:10:54 pm »

OOC: For reference, Arrows are unlimited, right?
Yep thats why I made you help Draignean it would be to much trouble to keep track of individual arrows along with all the other stuff I have to do. Also is my writing alright I mean is the Lore, adn the turn stuff alright, or is there something I could improve on?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2011, 08:16:30 pm »

Maybe you could split some of it up into paragraphs, it look sort of cluttered to me. Other than that, it's decent enough.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22