Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: Oblivion RTD:Ch. 2, Drowning in Darkness; Turn-9: On a Hiatus  (Read 21790 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(That might not have happened in this continuity, since things clearly haven't headed in the direction of Skyrim, and it's not listed in the backstory or race descriptions for the RTD. If it had, I think the Dark Elves entry would at least mention it. Let's stick to facts that are true as of Oblivion, shall we? Also, I've played Morrowind; the Ministry of Truth is only like thirty feet above Vivec. The worst it could do if it fell is destroy the town, which while it would suck for them, is hardly a crippling blow to most of the island. On the other hand, TES tends to ignore its own continuity, so who knows. Cyrodiil is quite the jungle, isn't it? ::))

"Nords only NEARLY destroyed it. They didn't; they went running back to their homes. And we joined the now-defunct Empire on our own terms." Rel shrugged. "But fine, whatever. I admit High Elves and Wood Elves are absolute trash. Dunmer, on the other hand, are the best, and don't you forget it." She went back to searching for items. Finding useful things was more important than arguing; if the other two wanted to keep on, that was their deal, but when they were dying she wouldn't give them a healing potion. Gotta stay prepared if you want to stay alive.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

"Unlike the Dunmer and Morrowind NO enemy army has ever gained ground in black marsh, ever. Though that might becouse your kind get sick so easily and so many of the plants and animals are deadly just from a single bite or grazeing over your skin. Also, we joined the empire on our terms as well, and unlike the Dunmer when we fought the Imperials we actuilly go a decent amount of forces into Cyrodil, which you did not"

(They retconed it so it WAS a jungle, but Tiber Septim did some sort of magic to change it into what it is now. It's atleast an explination for the change, which is better than nothing.)
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Kili was thinking about the same thing, as she was searching. Gotta stay one step ahead if you want to keep drawing breath.

"I'm a Nord, and not even you could get me to step in Black Marsh, if half of what I heard about is true. It's no Warriors death to perish from some biting fly disease or your skin rotting off your face...

She nodded to Kir.

Talking to an equal warrior-Ice based Spellcasters were respected in Nordic Culture-Kili had to adjust the tone of her voice from the childish mocking one she usually used on Relavesa, to a more serious one she used when talking to subordinates.

"You know, Scaley, I never heard your story. How did you end up here, anyway? Are you just looking for some blood and treasure, like me?"

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

"Little bit of both, plus my clan didn't take kindly to my necromancy so I had to leave our territory. Besides, I want to explore the heart of Black Marsh one day, experianceing the world will help me with that" Chuckle "It's the one place in Tamriel that I know of that no one has ever returned from. And when I say 'never returned' I mean it, they've never even found bits of corpses or items of people who went in. They say not even the strongest divining magic can find those who enter the heart."

Edit:Fixed some typos and added a bit more
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:28:24 pm by KaguroDraven »
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kili muses

"In my culture, ones clan does not abandon it's members, no matter what crime they have committed...justice is handled internally if they have erred far enough, but we would never willingly cast some one away-better they die by our axes then be loosed on the world. Did they cast you away, or did you flee their wrath? And do you hold that against them?

I know Necromancy hasn't a good reputation, but to me, an undead is just another tool, like a bandage, shield, or a loosed arrow. Used up fast, oft quick forgotten."

Kili gives an unwomanly snort.

"Sounds like this Blackmarsh is a death trap. I bet you Scalies drop all these sorts of rumors all over the taverns and barrooms, hoping to get stupid men with swords to try to go in and explore from all corners of the Empire, then you end up picking their gold from their broken bodies not a week afterward."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:37:10 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile

Atriard paused his musings as he listened to the conversation, "Hrmph, buddying up with the Necromancer, shame I'll have to take care of him later." Proceeding to gather what food he can carry along with a torch for the road, Atriard double checks everyone's shields, ensuring they are up.

In the midst of gathering, a curiosity strikes Atriard's mind. "Rocklin, if I might inquire something of you, undead do not typically awaken on a whim. What do you gather must have happened to give rise to those that roam these catacombs?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Magnus polished his blade and honed it as he listened to the Nord woman and the Darkling go at it. The blade itself had needed no care, but it was old duelist code to care for every weapon before yourself after a battle...  After he was done Magnus hawked and spat on a passing roach before crushing into the ground with his heel, first a siege, then demons, and now down with the bugs and bickering women.

When the elf was done cackling on about her fantastic blight ridden, Daedra worshiping, scrib sucking, dust bowl of a nation Magnus finally found the room to get a sentence into the conversation.

"There something wrong with being illiterate blood eyes?"

Actions,

A. Attempt to start duel with Relavesa over insinuating that there is something wrong with not being able to read.

B. Find something to eat, preferably something that can store over long trips.
C. Collect torches and scrape the Tar of the ends of half of them. Collect the Tar.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:06:55 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I'm starting to think you guys think I dislike Dwarmin and are all ganging up on me because of it. ::)

Rel didn't bother answering the illiterate idiot who questioned her. She had better things to do than keep arguing.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm starting to think you guys think I dislike Dwarmin and are all ganging up on me because of it. ::)

Nah, my character just takes Shinji's code way too seriously, plus I already gave him the hot headed trait so I can't exactly let it slide.

Magnus whistles as the Elf ignores him. "You need a lesson in manners girl, and no amount of readin' will prevent me from making it so you can't sit for a week if you don't turn and use that pretty mouth of yours. Magnus spat again and twisted to the northwoman. " 'Course you were awfully quick to say you could read, thought a bloody warrior like you would understand the value of not being able to read..."  
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Rel shook her head. "Just what I expected from pigs." She walked to the door. "Well, you go ahead and sit here, arguing amongst yourselves, while the Orcs close in. I think I'll be on my way." She left, intent on getting a head start.

And I have the loner trait, so see you guys later.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:41:15 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And I have the loner trait, so see you guys later.

:'(

I hate playing sexists... they make me feel all ashamed.

---

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yeah, I named my character Elf-Hewer, so it's not like any of it is personal...roleplaying a jerk does have its consequences though, SeriousConcentrate ;) ))

Kili flashed her pretty, dangerous eyes at the man. This one has some rage. Some real anger. Like potters clay, really, under her well honed hands, well, who knows what could be made of him?

"You have a point, Magnus-for the common fighting man such as yourself, he need only be pointed in a direction, and signaled to attack like a hound at bay. But I am a Warleader of my people. The perils of Command require wisdom as well as strength of arm...

Oh look, you chased the Elf away. Damn! We'll not be a blade down if I can help it..."

Kili tried to catch up to Rel. She had no feelings for her-apart from a vague respect for her bravery-but Kili did remember the words she had spoken earlier...ones clan does not abandon it's members...it technically applied even to situations like this. And even Elves...

"Hey! So your just going to walk away? Just like that? I would have liked to see which one of us fell first, but if you go off that way, I'll more than likely win it when you run into the undead.

Chopping apart your reanimated corpse is not my idea of victory, Elf...and as much distaste I have for your kind, your not half bad. I'd prefer you by our...I'd prefer you by my side.

But, the choice is yours-maybe you'll get away, and we'll be the ones to die. Who can say? No one will fault me for lack of trying, anyway."

Kili stood with her hands on her hips, waiting to see if Relavesa would turn around, or vanish into the shadows.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:06:07 am by Dwarmin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

It's not going to be a problem since I'm splitting the party.

"Sure am. It's not like I have any reason to stick around; the city's fallen, my chances of getting paid are nil, and the undead are fine company. Maybe I'll luck out and find a vampire down here. I've always wanted to see one. I'm not going to buy your 'I'm being humble and swallowing my pride to play to your ego' act. Have fun waiting for the Orcs!" She raised a hand in parting, then closed the door behind her.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kili shook her head. She didn't like losing those who fought beside her, but the path of life was a windy one...and the path you chose was always up to no one but yourself.

She headed back to the others.

"Well, we've lost the Elf-no thanks to you Magnus-and If we find her in the catacombs-still alive I mean-we'll have to treat her as an enemy. There's no telling what trouble she'll cause for us out of spite, so let's get a move on. Everyone pack your gear, strap it down tight-we form two lines, 3-4 persons each. If I give the order, we form a circle or a line, back to back and fight till we can't fight anymore-you'll learn to trust the man or woman behind you like you would your own brother or sister. You all understand?"
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:35:01 am by Dwarmin »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Magnus grunted as he considered the differences between fighting men and commanders... A few fleas began leaping to higher ground on his short hair as his skull began to heat from the effort. Maybe the rules were different for leaders, he'd never lead men except in rare emergencies... Who knew, maybe leading people did require reading books...

Magnus was still thinking hard when Kili came back from her chat with the elf, her admonishment made him raise an eyebrow. "You'd prefer it if she decided to leave when the enemy was ten deep in front of us? We'll live without her." He shifted, attempting to get comfortable before he realized the slight discomfort was coming from his morals, not his feet. "Northwoman, I don't know how you do things back home, but I'll not raise a hand against her unless it's in an honorable duel, though she owes me one now for walking away like that... She fought in my city and she fought beside us, that merits her a fair fight to the death. He nodded once to himself after satisfying the demands of his scruples. 

---
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22