Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Oblivion RTD:Ch. 2, Drowning in Darkness; Turn-9: On a Hiatus  (Read 21834 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Magnus felt the slow smile he only used for battle rise to his lips, his blood wasn't singing yet and his feet were cool to the dance but he could feel the rising thrum of the enemy in his chest like a legion drummer. The gate began to split and crack, Magnus checked his javelins to see that the remaining few were oiled in their sling and then withdrew one, reading to throw at the first thing that made it past the arrows and spellfire of the others.

Ready Javelin to throw at the first thing that makes it past the line of fire.

Spring the siege, we're ready.

Abilities

Feint: Roll twice to hit, use the higher of the two rolls. 25 Fatigue

Vital Strike: Roll a dice with a number of faces equal to the weapon's base damage, add that number to the damage if it connects. 25 Fatigue

Lightning thrust: Single melee attack, negates enemy armor and adds lightning damage equal to damage dealt. 50 Magicka 50 Fatigue     

Spells

Dazzle: Attempts to temporarily blind target -1 to target sight based rolls for 1 turn 25 Magicka

Double: Makes an illusory mirror image of the duelist, deals no damage and is dispelled instantly when struck.  50 Magicka

And there is my heap of things for you to balance adwarf.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:08:57 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought you guys knew already damage is fixed so the damage given to the weapon is what it does minus their Physical Defense. Also Draignean you also get 2 free abilities (Though I premake those for you)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought you guys knew already damage is fixed so the damage given to the weapon is what it does minus their Physical Defense. Also Draignean you also get 2 free abilities (Though I premake those for you)

Err, can I see what they are?

Edited vital strike, better now?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Err, can I see what they are?

Edited vital strike, better now?
Yep here you go, and yes

Twin Tiger Stance - Removes any penalties for fighting more than one enemy, allows the wielding of two weapons, increase AS by 2, and increase D by 1. -50 Fatique, lasts seven turns

Striking Dragon Stance - Increases penalties to fighting more than one enemy to 3, allows wielding of two weapons, increase AS by 2, and increases damage by 5. -75 Fatique, lasts five turns

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oblivion RTD: Full Waiting List Open
« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2011, 01:39:05 am »

Chapter 1: 'The Shield of the People' Cracks, Turn - 4, Breached Gates, and Amazing Sight

Atriard thinks of casting his Shield of Cloth Spell on himself, but remembers he already did, so, and that casting it again would waste his Magicka. Instead he ties the pendant containing the soul around his neck, and draws his katana to prepare for the battle soon to start after checking his gear, and making sure his spells were in order he decides to get in combat position, and as thus thought he would be ready when the gates were thrown open, but he was quite wrong for the sight he saw was a suprising one.

Kir looks for the soul he sensed, and finds that it is tied around Atriard's neck sealed within a pendant of some sort upon seeing this you fiqure it should be safe for now, and decide to prepare his skeleton to ward off the orcs that were sure to lead the charge into the last part of Imperial city not yet under their control. You get your skeletons set up, so that they should be able to ward off the enemies first attack, and maybe still be some left over for the second.

Kili set up position behind the reamining footsoldiers who were hiding behind some barricades, and the group of skeletons infront of them. She draws her bow, and knocks an arrow so she woudl be ready for the first orc to poke his head through the gate, and as you do so the gates are thrown open, but the sight you see stuns you to the point of not being able to attack due to the massive shock from what you see.

Magnus cracks a smile as he draws a javelin, and prepares for the enemy, and as he drew it the gates were thrown open, and the enemies began to rush through. He reared back to throw the javelin, but the sight he saw shocked him to the point of dropping it as what he saw was unbelieveable.

As the gates are thrown open the sight seen by all is that of an enemy who so greatly out numbers you its horrifying, and as you look on you see a black wave approaching from above, and just as its about to pass through the gates you see the air in front of the gate shimmering, and distorting the image beyond. After several seconds the air begins to calm down, and the mass of arrows falls to the ground cut into millions of pieces, and there standing just behind the pieces is a strange man, that Justarr quickly recognizes as Sigumi, in his hand is a sword with an odd shimering light surronding it. The horde infront of him pauses, and as they stand gaping at him he throws the robe in his hand to the side, and the markings on his back begin to glow as he says "I am Sigumi, Silver Leaf's Full Blossom, the last of the Wardens, and the Demon's Contractor, by my solem vow I will slay all who wish to enter this holy ground. " with that he draws the sword at his side, and begins to speak once again "Spirits of the Wind grant me your stpeed, Spirits of the Earth grant me your will, Spirits of Fire grant me your strength, and Spirits of Water grant me your fortitude. First Forbidden Art - Spirit Dance" as the last words are uttered the earth beneath his feet cracks, the air begins to whirl, and his swords become shrouded in flames. For a moment all is still as the troops stare at the man, and suddenly you feel a blast of wind as he disappears, and seconds later you see the whole frontline topple forward as Sigumi appears above the hordes head a small group rushes through just as they pass below him you see a trail of blood fall on their hands, and they barely make it as Sigumi launches his attack once more. The sound of steel clashing, and bodies toppling to the ground is still heard as the small group of enemies approaches.

Gate Breached

Player Statuses
Spoiler: KaguroDraven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CrimsonEon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Imperial City Inner Ring, North Gate
Friendly NPCs
Spoiler: Frail Zombie Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarok Kingsley (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Henry Hickleset (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Julius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Julia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Freda (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Algus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardsman, Rocklin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mage, Karrin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mage, Seraph (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mage, Duriston (click to show/hide)

Hostile NPCs
Spoiler: Orc Footsoldiers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trolls (click to show/hide)

Posting to save progress I still have a ton of work to do.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:32:42 am by adwarf »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok turn finished I hope its ok.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Magnus put his toe under the Javelin and flicked it back into his hands with a grimace, first rule of the duelist, ignore all that which does not affect you. He whirled the Javelin to gain momentum and flung it straight at one of the oncoming Orcs.

Hurl the Javelin at random orc
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Rel continued shooting at Orcs. That's why she was up there, after all.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

Fire off ice blasts at orcs, direct skeletons as 'meat'shields mostly for allies, but to try and to damage as well.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well writing up the basic lore for Sigumi, and writing up to Entry #1 for the Imperial Catacombs now.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Arrows to Orcs!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile

[nitpicking]
Actually I had meant to cast Coat of Mirrors to augment the Shield of Cloth already on me
[/nitpicking]

Sword raised, take a place with the Guard Captain, prepared to mince any orcs that come close

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will probably only get one turn up today due to the combat that is about to happen, so I will have a turn up later today

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile

Justarr unsheathed his sword, quickly moving into the form and style of Lotus Blade, drawing blood as is neccesary. "Be cast into oblivion!" He shouted as he rushed into the nearest Orc, swinging his blade at it's neck.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry guys I got distracted turn will be up tommorow
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22