Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [DFC] Teamspeak3 server - Dwarf Fortress Community Chat/Multiplayer games  (Read 2953 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Hey guys, I know the point of a Steam community is to get people together around games, but I just cant stand the constant popups on my desktop for events. When I get back to my computer every afternoon, I have to click-close 2 to 3 of the event popups from the community. I have searched through the steam support and apparently there is no fix for this.

I dont play TF2 much so, if there isnt a way to turn this off I think I am going to just leave the community. Does anyone know a way to turn off the pop-ups?
Leave then. I don't care.

why the bitter? That same statement is shouted by 6 year olds all across the country. I was asking for a way to shut of the popups.
Because your making a big deal out of small pop-ups, and then you just plainly say your leaving because of this, no one cares.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 12:14:21 am by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

I love how you made me say that in the quotes bd :P

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

I love how you made me say that in the quotes bd :P
How the fuck did that happen? I must have messed up, honest. This is like the sixth time this happened to me.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

The guy's voicing his irritation and asking if there's another way to avoid it. Come on, guys, I expect better from us; no need to give him a lashing for something so menial.

Since the group is public, you could leave and just check by the group every so often. I think you can even jump into the group chat without being a member.
Oh I thought he meant literally leaving and never having anything to do with it again. But still, its just popups and they aren't that annoying.
Welcome to Reality.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev

The guy's voicing his irritation and asking if there's another way to avoid it. Come on, guys, I expect better from us; no need to give him a lashing for something so menial.

Since the group is public, you could leave and just check by the group every so often. I think you can even jump into the group chat without being a member.
Oh I thought he meant literally leaving and never having anything to do with it again. But still, its just popups and they aren't that annoying.

Do me the courtesy of going back and reading my posts. I KNEW this would happen because I saw it happen on this forum around the same question in the past. I did my best to word things to not get the childish reaction, but I got it anyway. I did leave the group, mainly on account of Nilocy's reply was completely lacking in any sort of coolness which is a requirement for any community I would be in. P.S. alienating people is not a way to build community.

It's still a feature missing from Steam and I am not alone in wanting this feature. The requests go back to 2009 and yet we still cannot turn off popups on the desktop for group events. No matter how much you want to defend the DFC and the popups, the fact remains people want this feature.
I got nothing

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Do me the courtesy of going back and reading my posts. I KNEW this would happen because I saw it happen on this forum around the same question in the past. I did my best to word things to not get the childish reaction, but I got it anyway. I did leave the group, mainly on account of Nilocy's reply was completely lacking in any sort of coolness which is a requirement for any community I would be in. P.S. alienating people is not a way to build community.

It's still a feature missing from Steam and I am not alone in wanting this feature. The requests go back to 2009 and yet we still cannot turn off popups on the desktop for group events. No matter how much you want to defend the DFC and the popups, the fact remains people want this feature.
Im just mainly wondering why it irritates you so much, its a small popup that tells you when group events happen. Its not like a giant image flashing on your screen every few seconds.
Welcome to Reality.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Im just mainly wondering why it irritates you so much, its a small popup that tells you when group events happen. Its not like a giant image flashing on your screen every few seconds.

I have heard of issues of several none steam games, that people use the overlay for, crashing because of the popups.

But seriously, the pop up announcements are a good way to get an event across to others in the group that I'm not friends with.

I litterally couldn't care less if you leave the community; but threatening to leave in the first place in your post set the tone for my response. As it does with everyone else who starts complaining that the admins are 'spamming them with popups'. I for one like the popups, the vast majority of people like the popups.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

To be honest, they do need a bit of work; that's Valve's responsibility, though.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

Sidenote: The teamspeak server now supports up to 512 people with a non-profit license I acquired - not that we'll ever fill that, but still, nice to no longer have a 32 person cap.

Server is currently capped at 50. Chat away!

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

I've noted the problem, thanks to a PM that sent an email to my phone, however I'm at work and will check back this evening.
Pages: 1 [2]