Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [DFC] Teamspeak3 server - Dwarf Fortress Community Chat/Multiplayer games  (Read 2944 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

This is the separate thread to announce the [DFC] Teamspeak server - also open to Bay12 use as long as I have slots available. (We now have 50 - and can be raised up to 512)

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Feel free to use for setting up multi-player games, talking about dwarf fortress, and life, the universe, and everything. I hope to be able to maintain it with a 99.5%+ uptime.

The [DFC] is a group of loosely organised? fun-minded individuals who game together on a regular basis. Check us out on steam.

And now on that newfangled book of faces.

IP: 24.4.163.174
port: 9987
password: Standard DFC pass. If you don't know ask Kael through PM on Bay12 or message me on steam: KaelGotRice
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:48:07 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile

Sounds like fun tho Teamspeak is a really nice piece of bloatware.

I suggest mumble instead.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would run mumble but LOLinux command line crap than I have time to deal with right now. And Vent makes you pay above 8 slots. So Teamspeak it is!
I would honestly go with mumble but it took a long enough time to do teamspeak permissions. I looked at the murmur documentation and decided it is a bad idea for now.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile

What are you talking about?

You can edit permissions in mumble using the client
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Erm, murmur permissions was telling me to go through all sorts of text editing hurdles. Also, setup.

TS3 is already up, easy, and running. So it's what we're using for now.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ohgod why is everyone so YOUNG?

And thanks for hosting this :). It's cool to actually talk to other b12ers.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 09:18:58 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, there's actually only two youngins that I know of out of the 30 odd that have been connected. Thank goodness ;)

I'm almost double their age though. hahaha I'm old.

You are welcome.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 09:42:14 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

I'M ONLY 21 DAMMIT! : (

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Forgive me if this post is out of place, but it seemed like a reasonable spot instead of making a thread on it's own. My friend and I are starting some shenanigans on an MMO, but the lack of voice chat is annoying. Are there any decent free options for 3rd party voice chat?

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

skype allows you to conference call for free without needing to host a server as long as you are keeping it below I believe 8 or so people.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev

Hey guys, I know the point of a Steam community is to get people together around games, but I just cant stand the constant popups on my desktop for events. When I get back to my computer every afternoon, I have to click-close 2 to 3 of the event popups from the community. I have searched through the steam support and apparently there is no fix for this.

I dont play TF2 much so, if there isnt a way to turn this off I think I am going to just leave the community. Does anyone know a way to turn off the pop-ups?
I got nothing

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

You can't turn them off, but why would you leave just because of a popup that appears once every few days?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Hey guys, I know the point of a Steam community is to get people together around games, but I just cant stand the constant popups on my desktop for events. When I get back to my computer every afternoon, I have to click-close 2 to 3 of the event popups from the community. I have searched through the steam support and apparently there is no fix for this.

I dont play TF2 much so, if there isnt a way to turn this off I think I am going to just leave the community. Does anyone know a way to turn off the pop-ups?

Leave then. I don't care.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev

Not one! I get sometimes multiple popups per day sitting on my desktop when I get home. To each their own, but I dont like to have to click closed popups that I am not interested in seeing in the first place. Im not going to play TF2 and thats what most of them are about.

I thought someone might answer with something like, "why is the popup such a big deal?". My answer is that I cannot fathom how anyone would not mind even one and sometimes multiple popups every day regarding something your not interested in. I dont think I am alone in this, there are many people over at the steam forums who want a way to turn this off.

I love the DFC community and all, but I dont need to hear about it on my desktop every day. I can see other purposes for it besides TF2 matches, but...

Im sure nobody truly cares whether I stay or go but I was hoping someone might know another solution. Please lets refrain from posting such things as, "who cares about popups" and ,"just deal with it bro, that's what a community is for" type posts, K?
I got nothing

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev

Leave then. I don't care.

why the bitter? That same statement is shouted by 6 year olds all across the country. I was asking for a way to shut of the popups.
I got nothing
Pages: [1] 2