Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What would you mod in for a more realistic DF experience?  (Read 1873 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What would you mod in for a more realistic DF experience?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 09:23:19 pm »

Make every industry require more jobs. Like, things in carpentry are made from planks and rods, that you have to make from logs at a certain exchange rate. Smithing tasks would require separate jobs for grips, guards, blades, etc.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 09:30:09 pm »

I'd start with weed.

I think someone made it here, but if I recall correctly, all it did was make you drowsy.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

johnny_cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 10:59:05 pm »

The ability to grow grass for grazer animals

Boats

Size restrictions for certain animals as to what they can and can't go through.  A passage that's just big enough for a single dwarf should not be able to accommodate an elephant or a giraffe or a thousand year old dragon.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 02:49:12 am »

I'd start with weed.

I think someone made it here, but if I recall correctly, all it did was make you drowsy.
It'll be one of the second things modded in once we get the new ingestion syndromes next version. First things of course, being that alcohol actually makes you drunk.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 05:42:08 am »

I would mod it so that a sufficiently large pile of pitchblende, when crushed under a dwarven atomsmasher (drawbridge) would instantly erradicate the entire map, killing everything and ending the fort, and if ever visited again, there would only be a massive crater going down a few dozen Zlevels. Anyone and anything that entered the site would also contract a syndrome that slowly poisoned them over time, causing burns on the skin and most major organs toliquify.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 08:24:27 am »

I'd start with weed.

It'll be one of the second things modded in once we get the new ingestion syndromes next version. First things of course, being that alcohol actually makes you drunk.
That would make the dorfs unstoppable in battle... Especially combined with other drugs
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 10:10:54 am »

Make rats and demon rats carry the plague. It spreads by their bites.
Finally those cats are worth something!

Other diseases would be nice too, although I figure the damage system would need some updating for that. It's nice as it is right now, but some things are just a tad off. Like how you can survive with an internal organ that's been shut down by some FB syndrome and so on.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2011, 12:30:13 pm »

I'd start with weed.

That would make the dorfs unstoppable in battle... Especially combined with other drugs
I vote in favor of dwarven meth.    That way I don't have to build beds.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2011, 12:44:39 pm »

I'd start with weed.

shit, add in hungry and a mild happy thought and its fairly accurate.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!
Pages: 1 [2]