Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: You are a barbarian peasant.  (Read 9653 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: You are a barbarian peasant.
« Reply #195 on: July 15, 2011, 09:21:27 am »

And be a mere footsoldier? Now we have our shot at glory! (And it's not like we can really trust anyone. This is an army of conscript led by violent, bloodthirsty leader, not willing volunteer.)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 15, 2011, 09:23:02 am »

Better conscripts than traitors.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 15, 2011, 09:26:37 am »

They are slave that we've freed. Or going to free. And even if they hate Scythian, we saved them from the Saitae. I think the Thracian at least can be trusted. The Doctor too (Because the GM wouldn't let the only guy that can communicate with our me betray us. :p) The Dacian hates the Romans enough to have spent time in a guerilla against them. That leaves the Greek that can be traitors. Which is why I'd like to send them in a mission inside the Roman campsite, to try them (We don't have to go along if you don't want to.)

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2011, 11:38:31 am »

i agree the greeks are the most likly traitors they were the almost considered citizens buy the romans and trusted them somewhat
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 15, 2011, 02:52:40 pm »

Technically, the Iazyges, and indo-iranic tribe (like Scythian/Sarmatians) settled in Dacia around the time this game takes place. So resentment from the Dacian peasants we have may be understandable. The Roxolani (another Sarmatian tribe) also settled in Dacia and terrorized the populace, to the benefit of the Romans even. This all happens around the Danube at this time, not even close to Crimea. In Crimea, the Romans have been here for a while, with fortresses and legions stationed in the south. Greek colonists from pre-Roman times have been in Crimea since they colonized it around 600 BC.

On the Scythians and Sarmatians attacking the Greek Bosporan Kingdom of eastern Crimea:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A Sarmatian dynasty took over the Bosporans in the latter half of the 1st century AD ("Sarmatising" their military), and they defended against Romans pretty much until they became a client state and then the Huns invaded and everything turned to shit.

I hope you've enjoyed your history lesson for the day, I'll update the game a little later, with more choices hopefully. I've got some ideas now that I've looked a little deeper into the history.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 16, 2011, 11:08:11 am »

You adjourn your meeting with the prisoners and head out into the camp to observe your surroundings. There are hundreds of tents, large and small. Sarmatian soldiers, rich and poor amble through the camp, perhaps purchasing armor or weapons or food. You approach one to ask for directions, he's an older man with a long black beard wearing a suit of segmented armor and holds an intricately designed bow. You can see tattoos on his cheeks and neck. You ask him about any shops or the like in the immediate area:

"Wheh- you looking to buy some armor, son?" He says in a paternalistic tone as he analyzes your current garb.

"Yes, sir, I was looking to outfit my men and I. They have no equipment whatsoever."

"Wheh you just come along with me, how many men you say?"

"About 30."

The man leads you to his tent, inside are a huge stock of weapons and armor. Most of the armor is lower quality padded robes, but there is some fine chain mail and segmented suits of the Parthian design. There are all kinds of weapons laying about, from battle axes to lances to fine swords. The man proposes to give you enough padded robes and chain mail to outfit most of your men, he will also offer you cheap spears, axes, or bows but only on one condition: You must serve alongside his unit in the upcoming assault. You could either accept his proposition or trade your own items away for new equipment for your men and or just yourself.

Inventory

-----------------------------
If you choose to trade for yourself, I'll put up value numbers for your equipment vs. his. You can combine decisions.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 11:10:05 am by Svarte Troner »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 16, 2011, 03:32:56 pm »

We should agree of course. If our Saitae is okay with that.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 16, 2011, 03:39:33 pm »

as long as we fight i dont think He'll care and besides i think he wont care much about a group of conscripts when there are hunderds of better men under him
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2011, 06:46:10 pm »

Sorry for the 3 day lull.
-------------------

Here is the trading thing:

Items of worth in your possession:
-Torn Worn Tunic           (v 4)
-Torn Camouflage Cloak   (v 9)
-Worn Boots                  (v 4)
-Father's Knife               (v 10)
-Grandfathers Bow          (v 15)
-Quiver                         (v 10)
-Roman Helmet               (v 30)
-old shield                     (v 12) 
-Hand axe                     (v 13)

Items tradable for:
Padded Robe                  (v 14)
Chain mail hauberk          (v 25)
Segmented mail hauberk   (v 35)
Fine short sword             (v 20)
Ornate Battle Axe           (v 20)
Cavalry Lance                (v 20)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2011, 08:00:02 pm »

trade the helmet for the chainmail and five coins then get the free stuff for our men form this lord/commander/rich merchant

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 22, 2011, 11:06:40 pm »

trade the helmet for the chainmail and five coins then get the free stuff for our men form this lord/commander/rich merchant

Not much difference at the time. That guy who lead the Roman legion to defeat? Rich merchant.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]