Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: You are a barbarian peasant.  (Read 9666 times)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a barbarian peasant.
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2011, 08:03:18 pm »

Curb stomp the prisoner to prove your loyalty.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2011, 12:25:37 am »

Too bad theres no curbs around. Lets just have the executioner take care of it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2011, 12:41:04 am »

Or we could just cut his throat ourself. :P But either way, the roman scum must die!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2011, 07:47:30 am »

Or save him and recruit him as a bodyguard. Most of those "Romans" soldiers are tribes from the marches of the empire, not proper Roman. They would just as well fight with us than against us. We should convince the lord of that. Maybe propose him to organize "Shack Battaillon" like the Soviets did, to be sent to the most dangerous point in battle to prove their loyalty.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2011, 09:31:15 am »

Nah, I think this is a pretty big moment... We need to prove our solidarity with the others, that we aren't some cowardly roman sympathiser. They're already having doubts about us, after we didn't join them in killing those peasants, so we should kill the prisoner ourselves. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2011, 12:46:33 pm »

I'm kind of torn between sparing him and killing him myself.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2011, 05:28:45 pm »

eh, killing him was the safe choice... spare him, take him as slave and put him on the battlefield to check his worth

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2011, 09:20:17 pm »

Or save him and recruit him as a bodyguard. Most of those "Romans" soldiers are tribes from the marches of the empire, not proper Roman. They would just as well fight with us than against us. We should convince the lord of that. Maybe propose him to organize "Shack Battaillon" like the Soviets did, to be sent to the most dangerous point in battle to prove their loyalty.

If they are legionaries, they are Roman citizens. Which means he will never help you.

If he is an auxilliary, he is from a barbarian tribe, and may be of a tribe that hates scythians, for example. Either way, he is untrustworthy.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2011, 04:22:33 am »

The Romans had an habit to bring auxilliaries from all over the Empire. Better to have the Briton fight the Schythian and the Dacians fights the Numids: if they can't speak to local populations, they can't make an alliance against you.

So that poor lads probably know nothing of Scytians. If we save him, he'll owe us his life however.

What does he look like?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2011, 07:27:36 am »

He has long blond hair and facial hair. He looks like he's been slightly malnourished and is very bruised. He may have painted symbols under all the blood.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2011, 07:35:17 am »

It doesn't matter what he looks like, if we spare him we'll shame ourself before the tribe and the Scythians, and they'll be even less likely to listen to us! They've already given our brother command over us, after our failure to fight those peasants. D:
Booze is Life for Yoink

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2011, 07:39:22 am »

Well, he isn't a Roman. Maybe a Pict or something. Anyway, we should save him. There will be plenty of time to show that we can kill later on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2011, 07:45:50 am »

If the Scythians don't just decide to kill us for disobeying them... ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2011, 08:07:17 am »

Yup, I just re-read the question. If we don't kill him, it means our loyalty is with the Romans.

"He's not a Roman. He's just an unlucky warrior that was taken from his friends and family and sent to guard the Empire's borders by Roman scum. His place is not at our feet waiting for a worthless death, but at our side, armed and fighting the Roman that he so despise.

The Romans' armies are the strongest, the best equipped and the largest in this world and the next. Even if we spent the rest of our life hacking and stabbing, we couldn't kill them all. Only by causing their armies to crumble, their legionaries to desert and their auxiliaries to revolt can we hope to kill the Roman Beast.

My loyalty lie with you my Lord, and your orders are my Law. But I think your interests are better served by letting this man live and fight for you than by killing him. However, I am a mere peasant, and if you still wish this man to die despite my advice, I shall happilly kill him for your Lordship."

I think this should do.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2011, 10:07:12 am »

Same.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14