Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Fate- The Questionable Succession Fort(31.25)  (Read 2486 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Fate- The Questionable Succession Fort(31.25)
« on: June 30, 2011, 06:45:08 pm »

After playing some successcion forts, I think I might try my hand at one I make.

This is what we're playing with, a 5x6 square:

Lore:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We are playing under the Rocks of Speech dwarven civilization.

RULES:
-Do not kill the fort.
-Do not kill the leader (me).
-Do not DFhack without my permission.
-Do not Runesmith.
-You have 4 days to play an entire year. If you are working on something big, I am giving you 2 in-game months after your year is up to finish it. If it not finished, you must end your turn and load the save up to DFFD. Then next person after you will compensated to get a year and 2 months, then it will revert back to a year. You must also put up some SS of what your working to be able to get two extra months.

Failure to follow any of these rules will result in not playing any of my succession forts anymore.

This isn't an actual rule, but it's recommended you put your turn into story form instead of diary form, an example is here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0. It's also HIGHLY recommended you use puncuation and use proper grammar.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE DWARFED:
Dwarf Name:
Custom Profession(If preferred):
*Military Skills:
Dual-wield:
Prefrences for your Dwarf:
*For the Civilian and Military Skills, if you do not want to have either skills from one of those, just put no.

EXAMPLE

Dwarf Name: G
Custom Profession(If preferred): None
Civilian Skills: No
Military Skills: lvl 5 axedwarf, lvl 5 dodger
Dual-wield: Yes
Prefrences for your Dwarf: Rage very quickly
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 02:14:57 pm by hitty40 »
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fate- The Questionable Succession Fort
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 07:07:46 pm »

TURN LIST:
We have used up our only 3 males (Me, Conan and Katana). If you want a dwarf, either choose from our 4 females or wait for the next migrant wave.
NDY=No Dwarf Yet
Forum Name                Dwarf Name
--------------------------------------------

Hitty40                        "G", Dwarven God of Booze, enrages easily
Conan                         Conan, Broker/Bookeeper, Axedwarf
Katana                        Katana, Bone Carver, Swordsdwarf
TapeNoot                    Teak, Engineer/Brewer, salty demeanor. Extreme hatred for all things wooden and related to wood
Pisano                         Pisano, Mason, loves Silver and Capybara
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 03:34:43 pm by hitty40 »
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
Re: Fate- The Questionable Succession Fort(31.25)
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 08:05:36 pm »

Can we use DFvdig so we can auto designate veins to be mined out?

Also, what about quantum dumping?

I might get in. Depends on how busy I am

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 08:36:49 pm »

Can we use DFvdig so we can auto designate veins to be mined out?

Also, what about quantum dumping?

I might get in. Depends on how busy I am

DFvdig: Yes.

I'm not sure what quantum dumping is, but I'm guessing it's the use of something to put items in the dump pile, so yes.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 08:40:28 pm »

Basically quantum dumping is compressing all that loose stone into one or two single tiles. The method is by setting a single or double tile garbage zone using (i) ->(g) and then mass dumping practically everything your dwarves don't haul around using d>b>d and selecting what you want to dump.

The uses are to make your masons/stone crafters stop running halfway across the map just to grab a stone they feel is perfect for their task. Instead, the stone is already handily next to the main access stairway located in the center of the fortress?

I'll join then. Sign me up for #2.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 08:49:06 pm »

Basically quantum dumping is compressing all that loose stone into one or two single tiles. The method is by setting a single or double tile garbage zone using (i) ->(g) and then mass dumping practically everything your dwarves don't haul around using d>b>d and selecting what you want to dump.

The uses are to make your masons/stone crafters stop running halfway across the map just to grab a stone they feel is perfect for their task. Instead, the stone is already handily next to the main access stairway located in the center of the fortress?

I'll join then. Sign me up for #2.

Would you like a dwarf?

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 10:28:30 pm »

Hell yes, name him Conan

Give him axedwarf skills and make him our broker/bookkeeper too.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 01:05:44 pm »

Bumping to keep on top. GET A SPOT BEFORE WE BEGIN GODDAMNIT!!!

TapeNoot

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE: AMPHIBIAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 01:39:25 pm »

Read plenty of succession forts, figured I should toss my hat in the ring

Sign me up for one of the late-early turns. Saaaay... 4-7th. I've had some trouble with sieges in my  own games (i.e: Getting a decent military to not become pincushions in under five seconds), but this early on, it shouldn't be a problem.

Dwarf Name: Teak
Custom Profession(If preferred): None
Civilian Skills: Mechanic, Architect, Brewer - Distribute the points as you see fit, with brewing taking priority, then mechanics
Military Skills: No
Dual-wield: N/A
Preferences for your Dwarf: Salty demeanor. Extreme hatred for all things wooden and related to wood

Also, someone's going to need to explain how to put the save up on DFFD, and put screenshots in here. Thanks :3
BY ARMOK'S FLAMING TESTICLES, JUST WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?

A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol fuelled beard with the IQ of a parsnip, and that's insulting to the parsnips.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 01:52:52 pm »

I'm in. Also:
Male swordsdwarf named katana, 4 points in bone carve, 4 in swords, 1 dodger, 1 in... teacher?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 02:19:19 pm »

Ok, we are set to go, but first i have to find my spot again. DF decided it'd be funny to delete my note.

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
  • It's amazing what you can do without a conscience
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 02:35:30 pm »

Unless you actually start a fort when looking at the map the game doesn't save any of your notes.
Sometimes I find myself sitting around asking myself, "Why?"
Then I come to my senses and respond "Well why the hell not?"

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 02:52:16 pm »

Unless you actually start a fort when looking at the map the game doesn't save any of your notes.

Noted.

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 03:06:59 pm »

I'll take a turn, and a dwarf if possible.

Dwarf Name: Pisano
Custom Profession(If preferred): Mason
*Civilian Skills: Masonry 5, Swimming 1, Architecture 1, Mechanic 1, whatever... :)
*Military Skills: none
Dual-wield:
Prefrences for your Dwarf: loves silver and capybara
*For the Civilian and Military Skills, if you do not want to have either skills from one of those, just put no.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 03:12:11 pm »

I'm in. Also:
Male swordsdwarf named katana, 4 points in bone carve, 4 in swords, 1 dodger, 1 in... teacher?

Katana, do you wanna dual-wield?

Also Pisano, we've ran out of males. Would you like a female instead or wait until the first migration wave for a male?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 03:14:49 pm by hitty40 »
Pages: [1] 2 3