Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Steam Summer Thing  (Read 24623 times)

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Summer Thing
« Reply #150 on: July 07, 2011, 06:52:35 pm »

It seems to be bugged, done that several times now and nada. There are a few that have the same thing.

Besides, red paint doesn't always pop up. Seems to be random.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2011, 10:10:40 pm »

I keep hearing that the Audiosurf one is bugged, so that could be the issue. I've got a question though, are you putting red blocks in your grid before you paint it? I suspect blocks that are already red might not count for the 21, but I can't really confirm that, just a guess. I got it on my first try, thanks to the steam forum tips. They recommend using one of the three songs Audiosurf comes with, and playing on easy mode. Takes a bit longer to fill the grid on easy, but anything above that is pretty tough for someone unskilled (IE me).

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 08, 2011, 01:49:22 am »

Yeah, I've done it with and without any red pieces. A person said at the steam forums that it doesn't matter. Anyways I got it now. Was losing my mind over this one....

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 08, 2011, 04:41:36 am »

How do you get the trailer achievement? I watched some the trailer of some random game and it didn't work >.>

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 08, 2011, 04:47:37 am »

The Audiosurf one worked fine for me. Just play the mid-level Vegas-ship, stack all the rows up and wait for a random red paint from the course or Vegas' special ability.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 08, 2011, 04:53:07 am »

How do you get the trailer achievement? I watched some the trailer of some random game and it didn't work >.>
Ya have to download the trailers, not just watch them on the steam page.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 08, 2011, 07:30:53 am »

Ya have to download the trailers, not just watch them on the steam page.
yay, that worked

Also: trying to make a Facebook account for the ticket. Herp Derp is not a valid name :S
EDIT: Herp McDerp is...
EDITEDIT:crap, HerpMcDerp@gmail is not available. I hope the real Herp McDerp activates my facebook.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:38:21 am by Dutchling »

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2011, 07:54:38 am »

I have decided the Fate of the World achievement is actually impossible. This game as a whole is impossible. You're doing good, reducing carbon emissions etc and then people storm you and randomly kill you. >.>

<.<

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2011, 08:05:30 am »

Well, of course! Why would people want the world to be saved?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2011, 08:12:31 am »

Also: trying to make a Facebook account for the ticket. Herp Derp is not a valid name :S
EDITEDIT:crap, HerpMcDerp@gmail is not available. I hope the real Herp McDerp activates my facebook.

That's why you should be using something like http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html for your activation email.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 08, 2011, 08:40:33 am »

Updated with Fate of the World.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 08, 2011, 09:16:25 am »

That's why you should be using something like http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html for your activation email.
thx, HerpMcDerpII@gmail also worked though. Link is bookmarked though

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 08, 2011, 10:10:50 am »

I have decided the Fate of the World achievement is actually impossible. This game as a whole is impossible. You're doing good, reducing carbon emissions etc and then people storm you and randomly kill you. >.>

<.<

Hehe, this game takes "losing is fun" to the extreme.  8)

I launched the solar array on the very last turn and thought it had to be activated by 2110. But luckily I got the achievement at 2115. Just have "advanced materials research" in one or two high HDI areas active with your HQ and focus on keeping people happy, educated and healthy. World won't explode before 2110 anyways.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 08, 2011, 12:12:31 pm »

July 8th:
Universe Sandbox - Heat Wave - Plunge the Earth into the Sun
Worms Reloaded - Summer of 69 - Take exactly 31 damage from a worm with 100 health.
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time - Hot And Bothered - Fall into a pit of lava 3 times
1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby) - I Beat City 15 - Get 75%+ of the maximum score AND 50,000+ points with any song on City 15
Galcon Fusion - Pool Party - Win 5 Rounds in Multi-player Billiards
Winter Voices - Summer's Gone, But A Lot Goes On - Achieve a 100% success in the third encounter of the prologue (departure of the father), after walking on the 'Summer Scent'
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Summer Slaying - Kill 5 Banshees in the Bloodied Colloseum
Day of Defeat: Source - Beat the Heat - Win a round on each of the winter themed maps: Dod_Kalt and Dod_Colmar
Wish upon a star - Build a wishlist of 10 items
Show time - Post your own video in Steam

I expect some of these are going to get taken out (Show time again? Is that even possible?) but here's the initial line-up.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 08, 2011, 12:25:50 pm »

Hmm, I think you can post videos in spacechem, I wonder if that would count?
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18