Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Steam Summer Thing  (Read 24638 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Summer Thing
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2011, 08:11:46 pm »

You sure about that? I could have sworn the Zeds move faster than the people. Could be wrong.
I know for a fact that the Zeds get out ran on "casual" which makes it very easy.

As for getting the ticket easily, just try to save the best mercs for the 7th level, then embark on a level 1 map.
Just wipe out the zombies which can be pretty easy for a newbie if you get a good random map seed.

One thing about the game for me is that I HAVE to play a modded game with the "choser" ability enabled.
When I start a game and find I've only got demo teams, blockades and zombie bait... well it doesn't end well.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 08:13:29 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2011, 08:18:09 pm »

How hard is it to get firecrackers with a new character in Spiral Knights?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2011, 08:19:07 pm »

No idea, I got mine from a guy who traded it temporarilly for a tip.

The mats are easily and cheap enough to get, but no idea about where to get the recipe.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2011, 08:32:36 pm »

I managed to have the recipe on sale at an NPC- Got it for a mere 250 crowns (even a new player can get 1k+ per dungeon run) and another 200 plus materials to craft. Pro-tip for people that need this: You can change the way the Auction House displays items. Type firecracker into the search, then try sorting the list by the Buy Now price. Depending on the current market, you should see some for sale around 850-1k which is overpriced but not bad if all you want is the achievement. Do the same for materials if you buy a recipe, materials are generally dirt cheap for this stuff. If all else fails, check all the merchant NPCs in town, their inventory is semi-randomly decided, and you might get the recipe or the bomb itself for sale.

I could probably craft a few if someone cares to provide the 200 crowns and materials, my character is broke at the moment.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2011, 11:45:22 pm »

Does anybody know of a easy way to get the Atom Zombie Smasher ticket?

When you get to July, just go to a level 1 zone and kill all the zombies, preferably with something that won't slaughter the civilians. As long as you haven't killed more than 25 civilians, you should get it. Hemmingjay has a point, though. Use your helicopter to try and clear the zombie entrances of civilians, especially if you're using heavy explosives.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2011, 11:47:52 pm »

I've read that killing all zombies doesn't get you the achievment though. Maybe got fixed, but w/e.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2011, 12:08:33 am »

I've read that killing all zombies doesn't get you the achievment though. Maybe got fixed, but w/e.

Eh, it's how I got it. Those people were playing with the modifiers on. Oh, yeah, you need to have ALL modifiers (even casual / hardcore / extended game) turned off.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2011, 01:46:30 am »

Well whadya know. Got the achievement. Except now I have a level 4 area and it's infecting the entire country. Eh, whatever.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2011, 03:27:37 am »

Ok so i caved in and bought something.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6375/
Gothic 1,2,3 for $5.74!  Sign me up!
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2011, 12:29:39 pm »

Todays new ones are up.

Camp activities for 7 July

Sanctum - Beach Party - Start the party on Glade
AudioSurf - Sunburn - Turn 21 blocks red with a single paint
Counter-Strike: Source - Happy Camper - Get 2 kills standing in the same spot with a zoomed sniper rifle
Tidalis - Summer Swimming Hole - Create A Combo At Least 6 Deep
Metal Drift - Road Trip Rampage - Achieve 5 kills on each map
The Wonderful End of the World - Wonderful Big Bladder - Reset the game, and complete the entire thing in one sitting
Poker Night at the Inventory - Summer of 69 - Win a hand with a 6 card and a 9 card of any suit
Fate of the World - Catch Some Rays - Hooked up space solar power arrays by 2110
Movie Night - Download and watch a trailer in Steam

edit: tip for audiosurf, use pointman and pickup the red paint pickup when one appears then build up a full grid and drop it to give the achievment.
edit2: the counterstrike one works with bots if you don't want to try in a real game.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:39:09 pm by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2011, 01:49:29 pm »

Well damn. The achievements keep getting harder and harder.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2011, 01:52:09 pm »

edit2: the counterstrike one works with bots if you don't want to try in a real game.

Awesome, just did it. A combination of my CS skills being not what they once were, the fact that against actual players you'd be a sitting duck, and because I don't like sniping, I figured that the ticket would be impossible.

Instead, 1v3bots - plant bomb, shoot them as they try to disarm. Easy.

Well damn. The achievements keep getting harder and harder.

Nothing is as hard as the Super Meat Boy achievement. Nothing.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2011, 02:06:09 pm »

I beg to differ. The poker one is purely luck based.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2011, 02:29:02 pm »

I beg to differ. The poker one is purely luck based.

That's not hard, that's random.

I don't know if you've played Super Meat Boy (if you haven't, you should - it's the best of its genre), but the achievement for it requires you to A+ both light and dark world Hell. That means that not only do you have to finish all those levels (no mean feat by itself,) but you've also got to do it quickly!

Here's a run through the light world Hells: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6U4fcW7Tt8.  This guy makes it look easy, but trust me, it's nail-bitingly hard... and that's just the light world - dark world has everything ramped up to 11.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2011, 02:32:38 pm »

That's not hard, that's random.
Well, yeah. At least you can be guaranteed to get the SMB achievement if you have the skill.

Anyways I just found out you don't need to actually have the 6 and the 9 in your hand for the achievement :V
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18