Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Steam Summer Thing  (Read 24650 times)

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Summer Thing
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2011, 01:52:02 pm »

How are you supposed to get the 'post a screenshot' one? I took a screenshot in game and uploaded it, but didn't get credit.

You need to make the photo public. At first I uploaded it as "private", didn't get it, then took another and uploaded it as "public."

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2011, 02:29:42 pm »

I'm surprised they used that L4D2 campaign. I got up to the last chapter and the safe house door wouldn't open to let me out. :|

you did use the radio in the last saferoom right? At least for me there was no audio response but 15-20m seconds later the get to the chopper text came up and the door was able to be unlocked.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 06, 2011, 03:20:48 pm »

I'm surprised they used that L4D2 campaign. I got up to the last chapter and the safe house door wouldn't open to let me out. :|
you did use the radio in the last saferoom right? At least for me there was no audio response but 15-20m seconds later the get to the chopper text came up and the door was able to be unlocked.

I didn't even notice a radio...

Did they beta test this campaign AT ALL?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2011, 04:13:33 pm »

I've uploaded three screenshots in the past, but I didn't automatically get the screenshot ticket for having done so.

Apparently I have to take a new screenshot. Woo. What's this about videos? I didn't see a thing for that, and didn't think steam could record videos (except for TF2).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2011, 04:35:53 pm »

So I just went back and read the stuff around the Ticket page, and noticed that every ticket now counts as an entry for the giveaway drawing. Is my memory really this bad, or did they change it from "at least 10 tickets"? Also, anyone care to help me out with the Magicka one? I'm not having much luck in public servers. Not having played it in 3-4 months doesn't help, I can barely remember how to play.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2011, 04:51:40 pm »

I didn't see a thing for that, and didn't think steam could record videos (except for TF2).
They removed that activity.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2011, 05:52:32 pm »

I just realized that Spiral Knights is actually free, so you that's +1 free ticket, along with a hat on TF2.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2011, 06:03:47 pm »

It worked fine for me.
The finale is hell, though.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2011, 06:07:39 pm »

It worked fine for me.
The finale is hell, though.

I think the whole campaign is pretty hellish, even on normal and ESPECIALLY with AI. Just too many zombies at once. That tunnel bit? Slaughtered me the first time I did it because the current was ridiculous and the swarm was unending. They were just chipping us down, I thought we were going the right way and WHOOPS over the edge.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2011, 07:16:30 pm »

...you are aware that they are currently beta testing it, right? Hence the "(Beta)" tag applied to the end of the map.  :P

Moreover, they've made numerous improvements. I remember playing some of the early releases...

* The descent from the bridge used to involve climbing down a ridiculously long ladder (technically the mast of a sailing ship). You had to pray you didn't have an AI bot, since they simply fell off instead of climbing down. Also, pray a Smoker didn't spawn.

* The end of the finale used to be the helicopter descending in the middle of the woods, instead of the small outpost they currently have. Trying to find the exit, while being swarmed by common and chased by a Tank, was brutal.

* There didn't used to be a crescendo in the first map. Now there's a (small) one. Still disappointed it wasn't a running crescendo across the narrow log, but then again, that might've been too cheap. ;)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2011, 07:17:18 pm »

So I just went back and read the stuff around the Ticket page, and noticed that every ticket now counts as an entry for the giveaway drawing. Is my memory really this bad, or did they change it from "at least 10 tickets"? Also, anyone care to help me out with the Magicka one? I'm not having much luck in public servers. Not having played it in 3-4 months doesn't help, I can barely remember how to play.

Nope it has been every ticket is an entry for this one all along. It was the treasure hunt one last time that had a minimum of 10 tickets to be entered into the draw.

In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2011, 07:18:30 pm »

Nope it has been every ticket is an entry for this one all along. It was the treasure hunt one last time that had a minimum of 10 tickets to be entered into the draw.

You might've been confused by the "Must have 10 items on your wishlist" requirement. They're both a demand for you to have at least 10 of something, so I could easily see the confusion.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2011, 07:19:47 pm »

Does anybody know of a easy way to get the Atom Zombie Smasher ticket?

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2011, 07:48:38 pm »

Well I got that Alien Breed game for free out of this so I'm happy.  I also bulked up my wishlist artificially just in case.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2011, 07:56:25 pm »

the Atom Zombie one just requires you to remember you lead the crowd like sheep when you place the beacons, so move it after each helicopter since the people are more agile than zombies.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18