Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Steam Summer Thing  (Read 24632 times)

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Summer Thing
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2011, 12:30:00 pm »

If you don't already have a game demo downloaded for today's free ticket try this
Demo Achievement Guide
Paste this in your browser or click on it:
steam://install/97010

Or if for some reason that doesn't work manually click on "Download Demo" on the right side of:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/97010/

The game is Solar 2.

It is only 30MB.

Thank you for the hint
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2011, 01:14:18 pm »

The game is Solar 2... It is only 30MB.

Thank you for the hint

It's a pretty decent game, too, so win/win!

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2011, 02:27:56 am »

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in me compiling a list of all the achievements and how to get them? (And future achievements for games that're already out.)

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2011, 03:31:40 am »

Updated the first post with a list of all the challenges and some advice / a guide on how to complete them.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2011, 04:15:06 am »

The achievment for wonderful end of the world is to reset the game and beat it in a single sitting. It may not be live though as I did this yesterday and it didn't unlock, unless it requires you to score A+ on all levels as well.

The AI war one is easy to get if you are only concerned with the achievment. Start a host new game, select all available home worlds and give yourself a +300% bonus. This gives you a ridiculous ammount of starting resources wich will put you over the required ammount. It can take a couple of minutes wait before the achievment will register.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:45:28 am by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2011, 05:02:37 am »

The AI war one is easy to get if you are only concerned with the achievment. Start a host new game, select all available home worlds and give yourself a +300% bonus. This gives you a ridiculous ammount of starting resources wich will put you over the required ammount. It can take a couple of minutes wait before the achievment will register.

Ah, awesome, thanks.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2011, 08:56:25 am »

Any chance for more games appearing in the steam thing to buy with 3 tickets? Alien brood is fun but all the other stuff is pretty much useless.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2011, 09:12:47 am »

Any chance for more games appearing in the steam thing to buy with 3 tickets? Alien brood is fun but all the other stuff is pretty much useless.

I doubt it, man. :(

Keep an eye out for the "Best of Summer Sale" which is what they did in Christmas. It's where they put on the bestselling games of the last week on sale. That'll probably include Magicka etc.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2011, 12:12:48 pm »

So, today is:
Killing Floor - The Big Hunt - Kill a circus Scrake with a crossbow
Atom Zombie Smasher - Dog Days - Rescue at least 100 people in July
Left 4 Dead 2 - Stream Crosser - Survive the Cold Stream campaign on any difficulty
RUSH - Solar Flare - Complete the Solar Flare level
Spiral Knights - Star-Spangled Bomber - Get Cracking! Add the Firecracker bomb to your arsenal
Guardians of Graxia - Fire Sale - Hit at least three enemy units simultaneously using either the Hell Storm or Wild Fire spell cards.
BIT.TRIP RUNNER - Roastin' yer Marshmallows - Bump into a fire in a Bonus Challenge
Show time - Post your own video in Steam

Advice coming soon!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 12:15:53 pm by RF »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2011, 12:18:47 pm »

Ouch "Show Time" is impossible for me to do because I can't upload videos in any reasonable amount of time.  Oh well I got the two things off it I needed, only thing I would get now is the game and I'm kinda iffy on that anyways.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 12:25:22 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2011, 12:31:30 pm »

Ouch "Show Time" is impossible for me to do because I can't upload videos in any reasonable amount of time.  Oh well I got the two things off it I needed, only thing I would get now is the game and I'm kinda iffy on that anyways.
You do know you have time to do this 'til the end of Camp week, not just today, right? And besides, a quick 2 second vid shouldn't really take long on the slowest nets.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2011, 01:07:22 pm »

You can't even do show time, they took it down.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2011, 01:18:31 pm »

How are you supposed to get the 'post a screenshot' one? I took a screenshot in game and uploaded it, but didn't get credit.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2011, 01:27:47 pm »

I'm surprised they used that L4D2 campaign. I got up to the last chapter and the safe house door wouldn't open to let me out. :|

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2011, 01:28:20 pm »

First have you refreshed the page where the tickets are listed? It doesn't do so automatically.

Check it actually has uploaded, go to your profile and use the view screenshots on the right.

If you had uploaded before the task went live you will need to upload another since then if you haven't done so.

If it still isn't working, try taking a screenshot, closing the game and then uploading from the screenshot manager.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18