Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Steam Summer Thing  (Read 24631 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Summer Thing
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2011, 08:45:23 am »

Just got it myself, pretty happy.
If you can't be bothered to get it theres this:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M2CDSFVL
Which will unlock just the one achievement. Don't blame you if you do use it. Getting that achievement in one day without playing the game before hand almost killed me.

Have to say Super Meat Boy is a pretty good platformer. Generally when a platformer is called hard they have crappy controls and/or bullshit maps with cheap traps.
SMB has pretty tight smooth controls and the map design is less about hidden romhack cheaps traps then just skilled timed jumping.

I am playing it with the crippled keyboard and my fingers haven't hurt like that for a while. Think this will make me invest in a xbox controller.

Now got a whole four (4) tickets without buying any game I didn't want or do anything I couldn't be fucked with. Have no idea what to spend them on, the prizes don't really interest me :S

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2011, 01:09:02 pm »

You do realise you have a week to complete the objectives, not a single day, right?
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2011, 01:25:24 pm »

I do now.

Just tried it out (by joining the steam group which i forgot to do before) and it's very much confirmed from me.
Oh well, no regrets.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2011, 01:31:57 pm »

You do realise you have a week to complete the objectives, not a single day, right?

True for the ones that are up at the moment, but you available time for each set decreases each day, and if you are still working on ones from early days on the last couple of days you may not have time to finish the ones put up on those days.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2011, 01:45:18 pm »

Eh, I'm not interested. I bought Total War: Shogun 2 and the add-on then went on my merry way.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2011, 04:14:43 am »

I have to say, most of these deals are extremely disappointing.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2011, 04:27:12 am »

Can anyone else not log in? I started logged in but then lost connection and now I can't connect at all.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2011, 07:04:32 am »

got error message about unsynched game saves, closed Steam, restarted

If Steam's still synching your saved games with the steam cloud, why on Earth would you think it a good idea to close it? Of course, normally it refuses to close until it finishes in that case. (I wasn't aware it did that with Borderlands. The XBox 360 version, which obviously doesn't use steam, doesn't have that kind of feature)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2011, 10:15:51 am »

Yeah, I got the same problem.

Stopped playing Borderlands, started it up again, got error message about unsynched game saves, closed Steam, restarted, tried to run Borderlands again, won't even start up now.

Buhh.

You're not missing out on much, borderlands sucks.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2011, 10:31:37 am »

Yeah, I got the same problem.

Stopped playing Borderlands, started it up again, got error message about unsynched game saves, closed Steam, restarted, tried to run Borderlands again, won't even start up now.

Buhh.

You're not missing out on much, borderlands sucks.
Matter of opinion. Personally liked it.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2011, 10:49:09 am »

I had fun with Borderlands. Plus, you really ought to try it multiplayer. It's more fun that way, and certain painful quests or "That One Boss" fights are much easier to complete with teamwork.

My brother and I dueled quite a few times inside the Skag arena (not Skagzilla; after completing that quest), and it made things rather interesting, seeing as we were still able to get mauled by them, and we kept on killing each other in the dueling arena dome that appears just as the skags were respawning and interfering our duels. It got pretty entertaining.

Not to forget, my brother playing as Mordecai and me playing as Lilith, him 2 levels above me, and me equipped with a shock shotgun (which I have some skill in and a x1 chance to shock), and him relying on his sniper skills and Bloodwing. It was a surprise to him that I was able to kick his ass from 2 levels below. ;D Then again, I also knew how to snipe with a shotgun, and the shock ability improved my odds of causing harm. Plus, bunny-hopping is a bad idea when your opponent is armed with a spread-fire weapon. I could easily calculate where he was going to land, waited, and fired (with of course several milliseconds preemptive fire to account for potential lag).

A good duel/multiplayer arena tip, if in a duel, and you're playing as Lilith, watch out for Bloodwing (if your opponent is playing as Mordecai) and just before he swoops in to kill you off, phase out and you'll be immune to Bloodwing for a short time and you'll have an opening to finish off Mordecai, provided you KO'd his shields first. You might get lucky and kill them off from up to 5 levels below easily. If you have some perks added to your melee, those become useful as well. Nothing more fun than stunning your opponent and blowing out their skull at point-blank. Phasing out, notwithstanding, being especially useful here.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:00:46 am by Itnetlolor »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2011, 02:08:59 pm »

I really enjoyed borderlands, and still play it solo. I stopped playing multi when I realized Iw as basically the only one who didnt savehack god shields and god weapons. I don't get the point of that... in a loot gathering game why bother playing if you've just godmoded everything?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2011, 03:58:00 pm »

And of course after posting my earlier post, I exited fate of the world, and Steam said "Fate of the Word - Synching." I left it alone while I was asleep, and it still says it. Nice job, steam.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2011, 04:04:49 pm »

And of course after posting my earlier post, I exited fate of the world, and Steam said "Fate of the Word - Synching." I left it alone while I was asleep, and it still says it. Nice job, steam.
If steam is screwed up, just change the server. You cant play anything if the server is too busy. I am currently on the Berlin server, which works just fine, the finn and swede servers are closer to me, but they dont work due to overcrowding I think.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2011, 05:41:55 pm »

I especially like the random equips, in addition to the "free-roam" aspect. Allows me to just kinda roam around without direction, killing d00ds and looting chests. It's great when my friend isn't around to play, since I can still enjoy myself / find neat stuff without actually advancing too far in the game.

I have actually save-hacked already; So I could set my level back by 1 after gaining more exp than I wanted to without her. :P

Honestly the game's as close as I've gotten to the old Diablo-feel gear hunting since Diablo. (that includes torchlight, which was disappointing). Wait til you see the level 68+ gear.

And that kinda save hacking I completely understand. It's the 200k shields and 1-shot-boss repeaters I don't get.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18