Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Steam Summer Thing  (Read 24645 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Summer Thing
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2011, 12:11:39 pm »

Whelp, got the tf2 glasses, and got the men of war dlc, that's pretty much all I need.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2011, 12:31:40 pm »

Magicka is mean.

Anybody up for a versus match to grind for the chieve?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2011, 01:04:47 pm »

If you are trying to get the spiral knights one it apparently has to wait until spiral knights releases an update later today for it to register.

edit: someone from valve has stated that they are aware of the problem and are working on it. here
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:08:06 pm by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2011, 01:07:16 pm »

Not really much on sale today that interests me.

Super Meatboy looks alright but $7.49 AUD seems a bit excessive for something i'd play for 2 hours and rage quit.

Hoard is cheap and I always like to see the ideas indie developers come up with. However I've gotten a huge backlog of indie games due to a few packs and don't really want another.

Half-life series is going cheap, might want to pick those up if you're the 0.0010% of people who haven't played it yet.

Already own Magicka but could never really get into it. Maybe because I never found a decent game or it was the controls or all the dlcs that add very little to the game.

The rest are just lolsequals (including Darksiders which stole so much stuff it could be the sequal to the Theft series)

As for the whole summer prize thing the prizes are pretty shitty over all. Mainly multiplayer wankgear.
There is Alien Breed 2 but the first one wasn't great and the reviews seem to state that the second one is pretty much the same (sadface).
The rest is for dlcs I don't own, or really crappy dlcs for thing i do own (lookin' at you Zombie Driver/ARES)

Not much point in keeping the tickets either. The chance of winning is pretty damn low and I don't really have 10 games that I would prefer on steam rather than, let's say, drm free.

Oh well. Shouldn't complain, keeps money in my bank account.  :P

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2011, 01:11:15 pm »

Super Meatboy looks alright but $7.49 AUD seems a bit excessive for something i'd play for 2 hours and rage quit.

If you buy Super meat boy and get some anger management classes on top, it's still well worth the combined money.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2011, 01:19:49 pm »

Oh god, the SMB achievement...

...apparently, the achievement is to complete the entirety of Hell, both Light and Dark worlds, with less than a specified total elapsed time.  :o
(Or you could just download a save game from the Steam forums. But that'll unlock a bevy of other achievements, too, which you might want to earn legitimately. Decisions, decisions...)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2011, 01:21:29 pm »

Well between the trailers, reviews, forums and of course yourself Hiiri.
I think I might pick this up. After playing Ben There Dan That I do have a bit of a retro itch. Hell it's the price of two beers.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2011, 01:29:15 pm »

Yeah the smb one apparently counts the time as the total of the best completion times for each stage.

Oh yes for anyone doing the jolly rover one it is granted as part of the normal storyline 10-15 minutes into the game.

edit: steam has removed the spiral knights ticket from the page at the moment. hopefully it will go back up when they have fixed it as that was a nice easy one.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:36:14 pm by Metalax »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2011, 01:37:40 pm »

Eh I'm just going for the X3:TC Mission and the Men of War DLC right now.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2011, 01:57:18 pm »

Man I love these sales.  Today I picked up:

Bioshock 2
Eets
Hammerfight
Hinterland
RoboBlitz
Hoard

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2011, 02:03:27 pm »

Yeah the smb one apparently counts the time as the total of the best completion times for each stage.

Oh yes for anyone doing the jolly rover one it is granted as part of the normal storyline 10-15 minutes into the game.

edit: steam has removed the spiral knights ticket from the page at the moment. hopefully it will go back up when they have fixed it as that was a nice easy one.

...huh. I go to the Jolly Rover store page, just to see if it's worth buying...

"You already own Jolly Rover. Click here to play now!"

...oh.  :-[

And yeah, the Spiral Knights one was taken down because, sadly, it was broken. Totally impossible to achieve. Hopefully they'll fix it up and release it again tomorrow.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2011, 02:10:03 pm »

The one for commenting is really easy and would bring me up to 3 tickets, but the trouble is I'm not really close enough with any of my steam friends to be happy with commenting on their walls for no good reason. They'll probably be some easy achievements later though, and there are some I can already get so it's no big deal. Anyway glad to see no deals on games I want or haven't already bought, I've already spent too much and with days more of this...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2011, 02:12:29 pm »

I simply defaced my brother's account.  That as easy :O

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2011, 02:21:41 pm »

The one for commenting is really easy and would bring me up to 3 tickets, but the trouble is I'm not really close enough with any of my steam friends to be happy with commenting on their walls for no good reason. They'll probably be some easy achievements later though, and there are some I can already get so it's no big deal. Anyway glad to see no deals on games I want or haven't already bought, I've already spent too much and with days more of this...

you can always comment, wait for it to register then delete the comment.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2011, 02:37:25 am »

The SMB one was hard, but not impossible, to get. For what it' worth, I feel accomplished getting that one. Added to my overall rank, and I finally A+'d Hell while at it. Still gotta get the last 2 bandages though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18