Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Steam Summer Thing  (Read 24614 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Summer Thing
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2011, 05:24:11 pm »

I was figuring on getting the sunglasses, myself. Haha.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2011, 05:29:23 pm »

Yeah, the sunglasses seem pretty neat. Also, the summer gear taunt thing sounds cool.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2011, 05:50:44 pm »

I am up for the TF2 thing if people haven't done it already, it seems feasible in real game but then again I haven't played in like a year and half, so getting people from here would help. I need to do the shogun 2 thing which SOUNDS hard, but the description is too vague to tell. If you don't get stuff done today is it gone tomorrow? It looks like they're still up but I can't quite tell.

Facebook.

I don't even have one of those. Fuck you Steam.
Seconded.

Thirded. Time to create a false one, get ticket then delete it. :|
I'd also like to know if the false one works, I really don't care for social networking crap :\ Not sure if I even want to bother doing a fake one, though.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2011, 06:02:26 pm »

Put the sunglasses and proof of purchase together. You look like some American soldier in Vietnam.

@ Haschel: I just joined a public server of 2fort, let a pyro set me on fire then jumped in the water.

EDIT: Summer taunt?

EDIT2: I just used some old account that I'd made with a fake name for shit like this. It doesn't seem to have interfered at all.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2011, 06:33:58 pm »

The Shogun 2 achievement isn't horrible. You do have to win 3 battles in a turn... but remember, enemies that retreat remain on the map, and generally within range, which makes scoring a second win easy (just ride over and finish off the remaining troops). Getting a third win takes extra effort, though.

If you're having trouble, the official Steam forums led me to this. Post #6 is a link to a save file (with installation instructions a little farther down the page, if you need them) - attack the nearby armies, autoresolving them all, and you should get 3 wins. The achievement itself is awarded when you end your turn, oddly enough.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2011, 06:39:07 pm »

Ah wow, that's a life saver Thexor. I could see myself spending hours on bad luck with that. Just the TF2 thing now, and that shouldn't be too bad with a bit of effort.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2011, 06:44:08 pm »

I was lucky, On Valve French server #4 players just had an agreement to not kill eachother. Some were pyros and then they had the "Escape the Heat" farm. Got mine that way.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2011, 12:22:54 am »

I was lucky, On Valve French server #4 players just had an agreement to not kill eachother. Some were pyros and then they had the "Escape the Heat" farm. Got mine that way.
I joined a Well server which had no one going as Pyro. So I played Spy until that got fixed.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2011, 12:41:27 am »

Facebook.

I don't even have one of those. Fuck you Steam.
Seconded.

Thirded. Time to create a false one, get ticket then delete it. :|
I'd also like to know if the false one works, I really don't care for social networking crap :\ Not sure if I even want to bother doing a fake one, though.

It does. I just hooked up my handy fake facebook I have for things like this, then just deleted it off my steam account.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2011, 01:06:03 am »

I got mine on 2fort as well. Along with a lot of other people, during an actual round.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2011, 03:09:03 am »

just deleted it off my steam account

How do do this? :(

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2011, 04:15:25 am »

Well I got three tickets, and instantly got the KF Character pack. Probally because I don't think the sunglasses in TF2 look that good, its kinda meh to me.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2011, 06:06:51 am »

Thinking of getting shogun 2  now that it's cheap, is there a crack/mod that enables the hattori faction? Otherwise I won't pay for a crippled product.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2011, 06:09:21 am »

Kind of annoyed that I have the Escape the Heat TF2 Achievement, but it refuses to give me another gold ticket. Oh wells
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2011, 12:09:20 pm »

Just updated.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18