Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Steam Summer Thing  (Read 24598 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Summer Thing
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2011, 02:35:46 pm »

I have a question. I've already gotten the free game and the TF2 sunglasses, and I don't own the right games to use any of the other prizes. But it looks as though I can get at least another 3 tickets before this thing is over. If I redeem a prize can I gift it to someone who has the game or something?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2011, 02:42:03 pm »

Not sure, but I guess Valve intended that to be "okay, if you don't own the right games to use those prizes, then you should totally buy them!". So no.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2011, 03:08:41 pm »

I wonder how many people will end up buying a game they don't really want because they won $1 of DLC.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2011, 03:19:52 pm »

I wonder how many people will end up buying a game they don't really want because they won $1 of DLC.

Given how many people will buy games they hate for TF2 hats, I'd say plenty.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2011, 03:32:36 pm »

Probably quite a few, as there is always the tendancy to want to use what you have won even if you need to pay more to do so.

It is a pity you can't give tickets to other people, as I have now redeemed the prizes for all ten game that I own that I didn't already have (the defence grid and ai war dlc's).
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2011, 03:34:35 pm »

*reads steam forums*
"Hmmm, Risen sounds alright..."

This game is not available in your region

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

Fuck our old man government. This censorship shit should have been stopped 5 years ago.
No game for me.  >:(

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2011, 04:13:47 pm »

*reads steam forums*
"Hmmm, Risen sounds alright..."

This game is not available in your region

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

Fuck our old man government. This censorship shit should have been stopped 5 years ago.
No game for me.  >:(
I don't know if they changed it but a while back if you got a gift from another region it would be the game from that region and not a localized/censored version for your region.  So if you can front the money to someone (Or do a gift exchange) you might be able to get it.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2011, 04:27:38 pm »

Does anyody have an idea why I don't get the metal drift achievement? Played (and won) a match on each of the five maps and also got over 5 kills on each, yet I didn't get the achievement.

Aaaaalso I can't get the trailer thing because I apparently don't have wmp installed.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:39:18 pm by Darvi »

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2011, 04:40:38 pm »

Updated the main post with the challenges and as much advice as I can give.

And I'm sorry but I have no idea, Darvi. I don't have the game.

Is it any good? :p

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2011, 04:51:50 pm »

It's a sports game with killertanks shooting eachother to death. It's fairly entertaining, but the controls are something to get used to.

Also some suggestions for the OP:

BIT.TRIP RUNNER: Do the first level, collect all the gold bars. Then refuse to jump in the ensuing bonus level.
A.R.E.S.: The third level is very good for this, since there's those machines that produce 6 bombers at a time. Get to the room where there's one of those machines and a Walker right beneath it, shoot the Walker for a bit, then lure the bombers into it.
Audiosurf: I think it has already been mentioned, but Pointman is good for this. May take a while though since not every song has red paint :/

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2011, 04:54:09 pm »

BIT.TRIP RUNNER: Do the first level, collect all the gold bars. Then refuse to jump in the ensuing bonus level.
A.R.E.S.: The third level is very good for this, since there's those machines that produce 6 bombers at a time. Get to the room where there's one of those machines and a Walker right beneath it, shoot the Walker for a bit, then lure the bombers into it.
Audiosurf: I think it has already been mentioned, but Pointman is good for this. May take a while though since not every song has red paint :/

Thanks, added 'em all in now.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2011, 05:09:37 pm »

I don't know if they changed it but a while back if you got a gift from another region it would be the game from that region and not a localized/censored version for your region.  So if you can front the money to someone (Or do a gift exchange) you might be able to get it.

You very much can. However I don't buy too much off the internet and when I do I just use a credit card. Which means I haven't bothered to get a paypal account that would make this sort of transation a lot easier.
I also don't know anyone outside the country that I trust enough to start mucking around with direct deposits and the like.

I guess theres VPNs but I heard that valve will ban accounts that they confirmed vpns were used to buy products.
Sounds like a rumour but I don't think I'd like to take that chance for a game I'm not sure is all that great.

Between price regioning [sic], region locked games, crappy internet infrastructure, release dates, taxes and censorship it's never been a worse time to try and be a legitimate gamer in this country.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:11:37 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 07, 2011, 05:11:40 pm »

How hard is it to get firecrackers with a new character in Spiral Knights?

Got to try it today. You can just buy the bomb from a vendor in town, but the cash to do so will probably take a day or two. I'm out of free time today but if anyone wants to farm tomorrow I'd be up for it.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2011, 06:35:38 pm »

Has anyone got the Audiosurf achievement?

People seem to do it easily on the Steam forums, but I can't seem to get it to work. Not to mention it's annoying as hell, as it has luck, randomness, waiting and repetition involved. How's that for an interesting achievement?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2011, 06:41:36 pm »

It's not that hard.

-Find a song with red paint.
-Try the song with any character that isn't a mono.
-Stack 7 blocks in each row.
-Once that's done, paint.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18