Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Why no mining?  (Read 5451 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Why no mining?
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2011, 02:24:33 am »

As far as I know the adventure mode uses the same time system as dwarf mode - except that the game is on wait when your character is waiting for your orders.

At least that's how I'd approach it.

No, if you notice, it takes a dwarf a day to go across a 4x4 fortress while it takes your adventurer about 4 hours.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: Why no mining?
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 02:30:53 am »

If you want to have your own little hideout, just make like a violent hermit crab and kill a night beast, then seize its lair to use as a base of operations.

That'll do, I guess, until it is implemented.

As far as I know the adventure mode uses the same time system as dwarf mode - except that the game is on wait when your character is waiting for your orders.

At least that's how I'd approach it.

No, if you notice, it takes a dwarf a day to go across a 4x4 fortress while it takes your adventurer about 4 hours.

I assume it's a matter of scale, not that the logic is significantly different. Can't know for sure though, but I still assume it won't be too hard to implement. Much of the work is already present.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04
Pages: 1 2 [3]