Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: medical treatment?  (Read 3066 times)

The Button

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
medical treatment?
« on: June 30, 2011, 03:52:17 am »

I've fallen off cliffs, been beaten by bandits, and mauled by bogeymen.  But my adventurer has become a great swordmaster in the process so I am lothe to let him simply retire.  He has several smashed fingers, multiple infections, a broken nose, and a punctured lung.  Obviously I need to get him to a doctor. . . but how?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: medical treatment?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 03:54:54 am »

Ya can't. But I've had adventurers who were simply... broken and they were still successful. If the adventurer has a working heart, lungs and isn't bleeding out he should heal in time. The infections could be a problem however.

The Button

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 04:01:58 am »

Everything else has fixed itself with travel time. . . .but the infections are still there. . . .maybe if I go for a swim in a river it'll clean it out. . . .

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 04:05:27 am »

More likely you'll start to rot. I've gotta test if infections are contagious, and if they are I'll get an infection and throw pus at people!!!

The Button

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 04:09:35 am »

aw but the infections in my nose. . . .

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 04:31:17 am »

Even if you will see a creature with the doctor profession , it won't be able to help you , not yet , maybe in a future version you will have the ability to cure yourself , like a adventurer medic...
Desu

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 10:53:15 am »

adventurer medic so like this
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

m4davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 03:40:43 pm »

you can get a appointment with doctor badger or doctor bandit

EDIT just so you both are only interns and aren't very skilled so you might lose a leg finger and the face
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 03:44:23 pm by m4davis »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 04:22:19 pm »

you can get a appointment with doctor badger or doctor bandit

EDIT just so you both are only interns and aren't very skilled so you might lose a leg finger and the face
they might burst into flames and freeze to death.
you guys could just plop your adventurer on to a fort with a working hospital and get that infection work on.
Though this means retiring, placing a fort nearby, trek over and retire in the fort, or if lucky flip over to fort mode and remove the is resident tag on the doctors and hope the adventurer will be operated long before they die from the wound.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 07:44:26 pm »

...Since when can you retire to an abandoned fort?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 07:49:58 am »

I've been hoping to get fixed up by a doctor in town, but I couldn't. I was mad. I had been smashed by a war hammer, shot multiple times with a (cross)bow, whipped by a whip, hacked on with an axe, and slashed and poked with a sword. I managed to limp my way back to a town in hopes of finding a doctor, and when I talked to one about his profession, he said "I am a doctor". Nothing else.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 10:54:11 am »

...Since when can you retire to an abandoned fort?
Go to adv home link on Rumrushers sigg.Very interesting ideas about retiring forts for mountain homes
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 01:54:21 am »

Where are the infections? Your best bet might be to retire your adventurer and have another one bite off the infected bits.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 12:17:33 am »

Just dropping in to link to a relavent thread I made a few weeks ago.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=86596
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.