Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Just Another Dwarf - A Suggestion Based Text Adventure  (Read 4683 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Just Another Dwarf - A Suggestion Based Text Adventure
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2011, 10:05:59 am »

No, no, no!

What do you think? Did I capture their wretched likeness?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2011, 10:21:49 am »

I think that a simple "Do you like it?"   should suffice.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2011, 11:00:29 am »

Lets see if a fourth person approves of one of these..
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 11:13:37 am »

No, no, no!

What do you think? Did I capture their wretched likeness?

This one.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 11:30:21 am »

"What do you think? Did I capture their wretched likeness?" Urist asked his master. He looked at him curiously. "Very good. I see you made good work of those spare kitten bones I had lying around the worshop, and that chunk of oak aswell. I'd rate it.. of superior quality. Well done. You've chosen your craft, and we'll begin some more serious lessons soon, so why don't you take the day off?"

You leave the workshop. You notice your good friend Thodam, arguing with his master, Mister Orebeard.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 11:33:04 am »

Watch and listen from a safe distance.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 11:39:32 am »

You go round a bend close to where they are argueing. You hear most of their conversation.

Master Orebeard: Now just you listen to me boy. I've had enough of your shinanigans. Those tools, and those materials are for you to create fine crafts and furniture from, not for you to mess around with and make ridiculas toys and figurines. If you don't get your act together, you'll be losing your apprenticeship and your chance of having a proper education in stonework.
Thodam: Master-
Orebeard: No, just you listen to me! Get out of here, and don't come back 'til tomorrow. If you still haven't improved, you'll lose your apprenticeship and your once chance of a proper education in stoneworking.
Thodam: But master, I was just making a gift for-
Orebeard: Listen to me - if you want to make your own toys and crafts, then get your own equipment. Now get out.

You hear the door of the workshop slam shut, and Thodam walking towards your position.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 12:05:14 pm »

"Ouch Thodam. Old man Orebeard was the reason I avoided going into stonework, but I didn't know he was that bad. We both have the day off though. Perhaps we should go do something fun."

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2011, 12:38:46 pm »

I agree with the above.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 12:44:26 pm »

"Ouch, Thodam. Old Orebeard was the reason I avoided going into stonework, but I didn't know he was that bad. Though, we both have the day off. Want to go do something fun?" Thodam cheers up considerably. "Sure, where do you want to go?"

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2011, 12:46:18 pm »

They should throw a party and drink.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2011, 12:56:17 pm »

"Want to have a party?" Urist asked, but Thodam shook his head. "Pretty much everybody will still be working with their masters for ages."

Thinking of interesting things to do, Urist made a mental list;

They could the above ground, and mess around in the woods, or look for treasure and adventure.
They could visit the zoo. (May cost money)
They could join a tour group of the caverns. (May cost money)
They could go fishing by in a cavern or by the near above ground lake.
Finally, they could walk around the mountainhome and see if there is anything else interesting to see or do.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2011, 12:58:40 pm »

Tour group
It's FEF, not FEOF

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2011, 12:59:49 pm »

"Hmm... well we haven't snuck out to hunt recently have we? Let's 'borrow' some weapons from our parents while they are busy working and round up one of the local stray animals. We could kill something for it's bones, and I think even old Oreface appreciates it when an apprentice goes the extra mile and covers their work in menacing spikes!"

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2011, 01:01:46 pm »

Urist ponders the idea of finding a stray animal and brutally killing it. Unfortunately, he realised, his parents would never leave a potential weapon in his reach. He asked Thodam, but Thodam seemed horrified at the idea of killing a poor cute innocent animal.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7