Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: As the World Burns (A Bay 12 Soap Opera)  (Read 5047 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: As the World Burns (A Bay 12 Soap Opera)
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2011, 03:51:19 am »

((Well, I didn't think it likely we would have any female cast members. I'd have been fine with all-male love triangles, but I suppose there are some who would feel more comfortable romancing female characters.))
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2011, 03:57:58 am »

((Last post from me before I go to bed,promise!. I wonder how Helene will react when she meets the most charming man alive, should be fun!))
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2011, 11:06:33 am »

((While I don't mind wanton destruction, in the future, before you do anything that could be considered exciting, please build up to it somewhat. Either talk about how you're going to do it or be seen by the audience prepare for what your going to do. As I said in the OP, there really shouldn't be a lot of actual action going on. I guess it may have looked like an afterthought, but it's an important part of the genre.))
((I opted for the 'suddenly: evil!' entrance common to many soap opera villains. I'll be building up in the future, but entrances are entrances. Sorry.))

Barbarossa returns to his lair, driving his new car through a tunnel driven into the rock of the nearby Toady Mountain. He parks his car amongst his many others before returning to his den, where he has hooked up televisions linked to cameras in the homes of all of his enemies. Barbarossa could see what they were up to. He would know when to strike. It was not without cause, thought he. For example, Kadzar had once pushed him overboard on a fishing trip, presumably knowing he couldn't swim. John Wan had broken into his house many a time. Yes, they would get their comeuppance. Even if he had to sit in a cave and watch them for a while first.

Luckily nobody could guess that the well-dressed man was the cause of the commotion. Showering and putting on a new tuxedo, he drives his own Mustang back to Kadzar's home. He rushes to the door and asks the staff what happened, expressing utmost concern.

He was a good liar.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2011, 11:09:28 am »

Jack stands up, and charges down the hallway until he can tell that the mansion is on fire.

"Fuck.  Looks like arson to me.  Well."

He charges back to the parlor.

"Hello, everyone.  It does appear that this mansion is on fire.  Looks like arson to me.  First, we evacuate."

He finally charges outside.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2011, 11:53:25 am »

Barbarossa bumps into Jack A T.

"What happened to the mansion, Jack? Why's it on fire? Nevermind, I'll ask later."

Barbarossa rushes inside to save people.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2011, 11:58:31 am »

"Get everyone to gather here!  We've got some investigating to do!"

Jack takes a grey fedora and a trenchcoat out of his backpack, and puts them on.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 12:00:17 pm by Jack A T »
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2011, 12:12:31 pm »

((a crime deserves a sceriff, right? >.>))

Justice is best served hot. Flaming hot.
revenge is best cold. And Mr Shade, the local detective of the Bay12, knew that in this case, on which he had been assigned, would change his life forever.
Flipping his coin with one hand, assuming the macho look of the typical police detective with the long coat and the leather hat, and the dark sunglasses be it night or day, he smiled to himself as he pulled out of the police car, which had driven him to the place of the villa fire. an arson, maybe. an explosion certainly. and a perfect work for an fbi undercover agent who just wished for easy jobs to keep him from actually doing any low policeman works. He just had to go there. Inquire about the suspects and the eyewitness, and then leave. Detective Night Shade, Shade for the friends, was there. He looked around, searching for the owner of the manor. and took out his notebook and a pencil. walking towards the owner while ticking the pen in and out. "Do you mind if i ask you some questions, sir?" i say, pointing to my badge on my leather coat.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2011, 02:36:34 pm »

"That sounded like an explosion! Dorian, we have to get out of here!"

Dorian reaches behind his back and pulls out a revolver.

"Oh, I'm afraid we're not going anywhere. Now that I know the identity of Bdthemag's secret illegitimate son, I no longer have any use for you, sir."

Dorian cocks the revolver.

"Good night, Master Kadzar."

The camera zooms in on a clock on the wall, and a gunshot is heard.

(Cut to next scene)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 02:47:29 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2011, 02:58:12 pm »

Aerial shot. Slow zoom+pan down, towards the crowd outside the manor.

Helene Chaput wanders around aimlessly until she spots Jack. She pushes through the crowd to him.

'Ah, Jacques! You're the last person I expected to see here, my dear!' she shouts. 'I thought your father had sent you to study in Budapest!'
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 03:01:03 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2011, 03:12:59 pm »

Jack A T, hearing the gunshot, stays calm.  "Oh great.  Not this shit again."

He takes a miniature whiteboard and a black marker out of his backpack, and starts writing names of guests on the board.

"Looks like RVS time to me.  Barbarossa, have you ever fired a gun?  Detective Shade, what is your plan for the day?  Helene, the Budapest trip went horribly wrong in a very murder-related way, as such trips often do.  Also, please stop calling me Jacques.  I may be Canadian, but I'm not from Quebec.  But, more importantly at this time, who, at this party, do you think would most likely want Kadzar's house destroyed?"
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2011, 03:29:21 pm »

"i have to conduct my investigation, mister Jack. It would be nice to know where you and your other guests were at the moment of the explosion. and if you have any suspects, or people who resent you." *preparing to take notes.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2011, 03:44:54 pm »

"I don't really have any suspects yet, which is why I'm asking so many questions.  I doubt that I was the target of all of this, but Dorian claims to know something about me and John Wan doesn't exactly like me.  At all.  As in, he tried to financially ruin me a while back.  I still don't think that I'm the target, though.  Wrong side of the house, and I haven't been shot.  Most guests were in the eastern parlor, but Helene and Barbarossa were still out here.  Dorian and Kadzar...I'm not sure where they are."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 03:56:20 pm by Jack A T »
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2011, 04:06:39 pm »

"well then, i'll ask this beautiful lady right here if she saw anything." turning to the lady.
"have you seen anything of some importance, or anything strange, miss Helene? or mrs Helene? and where were you when the fire started?"

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2011, 04:23:24 pm »

(Back at the den)

The camera zooms out from the clock. Dorian is lying on the ground with his eyes closed and displaying a prominent bullet wound, Kadzar stands where he was before with a look of surprise on his face. The camera moves to focus on the door to the parlor, from which protrudes an arm holding a gun. The arm quickly retracts and the camera cuts back to a wide shot of the den. From the door on the opposite side comes another manservant.

"There you are sir. I have to get you out of here!

"What happened to Dorian? Is he alright?"

"He's dead. Leave him here."

"But sir-"

"I SAID 'LEAVE HIM', FELIPE! Just get my cat and let's get out of here."

Felipe picks up the cat and they exit the den. After they leave, the camera zooms in on Dorian. One of his eyes twitches a bit, then snaps wide-open.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 04:37:48 pm by Kadzar »
Glory to Arstotzka!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2011, 04:32:58 pm »

Scene change.  Outside the mansion, a man in an RCMP uniform climbs over the fence, jumps over Jack's car (still in the hedge), walks up to the front door, and knocks.  For some reason, there is a Mountie running around in America at a crime scene.  Don't ask.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6