Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: As the World Burns (A Bay 12 Soap Opera)  (Read 5046 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
As the World Burns (A Bay 12 Soap Opera)
« on: June 28, 2011, 10:27:43 pm »

As the title says, this is a Bay 12 Soap Opera. I was inspired by this. Like "Keeping Up with Bay12", it's freeform roleplay, but don't go overboard; let's try to keep this grounded in reality and soap opera tropes.

Anyway, you'll play as your forum personalities, or any other personalities you feel like playing. You'll probably be either wealthy, related to, or somehow connected to someone wealthy, and you'll likely spend your time trying to cheat each other out of your respective fortunes; attempting to screw, kill, humiliate, or imprison each other; finding out you have an evil twin/amnesia/you're all secretly related; and getting pregnant even though it's an all-male cast. We'll begin in the middle of the current plot because this show has been on the air since radio was invented, so there's really no point in trying to catch up.

EDIT: Just wanted to add one more thing: all players are free to claim another player did something to them in the past. For example, I could claim a player had shot me sometime in the past, which put me in the coma I just woke up from. If that player is around, they can claim I'm lying, if they want, or try to justify their actions. There should be more talking about things that have happened or that you plan to do than actually events happening.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 10:56:51 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: As the World Burns (A Bay 12 Soap Opera)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 10:33:18 pm »

I agree with and support this thread.
I'll join of others show interest.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 10:43:22 pm »

This should be !!FUN!!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 10:50:15 pm »

I might not join, but damnit I will watch this horrifying train wreck.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 10:59:36 pm »

Mcclay, this would be where you could interject your nightgaunt, because Kadzar said that it was allowed. Unlike Keeping Up with Bay 12, where it isn't.
I'm not saying you should, but you can. But you shouldn't, because your nightgaunt is very Mary Sue, and very uninteresting.

Eagerly awaiting the opening of this thread.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 11:14:48 pm »

Oh yes, i'll be the extremely wealthy and charming backstabber who has a heart of gold but secretly plots to kill everyone.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 11:20:32 pm »

I don't believe I ever said Mary Sues were allowed.

Anyway, the thread is already open, and people may begin whenever they like. Players may (and should) make up backgrounds, places, relationships (romantic and otherwise), and anything else on the spot, as long as they don't introduce anything supernatural.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 11:33:30 pm »

"Bonjour!  Bonjour!  Je m'appelle Jack A T.  Comment ça va?"

whatwasIthinkingmustactuallybeawakewhenwriting
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:43:47 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 11:41:25 pm »

((I guess I might as well start this off, anyway.))

(Opening Scene)

Kadzar sits in one of the dens of his mansion, in a chair by the fireplace. In his right hand he holds a glass of Chardonnay, which he sips idly. On his lap sits a white cat, which he strokes rhythmically. His brow is furrowed, as if he's trying to look like he's thinking.

"I must get Bdthemag's fortune somehow."

He turns his head and it is suddenly in close-up. The camera goes briefly back to a wide shot, then it returns to close-up to reveal a look of surprise on his face, which is probably meant to represent him having an epiphany.

"I've got it! Of course! I'll kidnap Bdthemag's illegitimate son and hold him for ransom, the son he doesn't even know about."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:46:50 pm by Kadzar »
Glory to Arstotzka!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 11:46:37 pm »

Scene change.  A car pulls up to the mansion, crashes into a hedge, and stops.  A teenager, severely lacking any legal justification for his driving, exits the car.  "Well.  Looks like I've made it in time for the party."  He knocks on one of the doors of the mansion.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 11:54:43 pm »

The door opens, and behind it is a man dressed in the manor of what people tend to think of when they hear the word butler. Because that is what he is: a man who buttles.

"Ah, Master Jack A T, it is so good to see you. Do come in."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:56:29 pm by Kadzar »
Glory to Arstotzka!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 11:56:29 pm »

"Excellent, excellent."  Jack A T quickly entered the mansion.  "So...quick question: where is everyone?"
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 12:03:12 am »

"Ah, Forgive me. They're in one of the parlors; I shall lead you there.

"Do not take this the wrong way, but I did not expect to see you here tonight, given the recent tragedy in your life."

((If you need to refer to the butler by name, you can make something up and we'll just go with it.))
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 12:13:25 am by Kadzar »
Glory to Arstotzka!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 12:20:38 am »

"Ah, yes, the many times I've been caught up in murderous plots recently.  And the diner incident...yes, the diner incident.  I shall forever consider myself lucky to have taken that 'How to Hunt Scum and Not Die' course."

Jack follows Dorian G. Buttle down several hallways, passing an aircraft hangar and two kitchens.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 12:23:13 am »

A Large 45 Seat limo drove up to the mansion, the limo was made of solid gold and had diamond wheels. A tall man walked out, he wore a diamond encrusted suit and held with him a staff made out of poor people's bones, coated with gold of course. After being carried to the front steps by his group of butlers he knocked on the door.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6