Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: This Game Is So FUN!  (Read 3690 times)

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This Game Is So FUN!
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 07:24:29 am »

Your dwarves shouldn't fear camels, camels should fear dwarves. So should elves, goblins, badgers, and any others enemy of the mauntainhome without the [NOFEAR] tag.
So man up and have your dwarves punch that camels brains out instead of having them flee like some tree hugging elf.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 07:27:04 am »

The camel would kick them in the head, fracturing the skull and tearing the brain! The only sanctuary is a return to the earth! Hid within her, and ne'er again shall the twisted monstrosities dwelling upon her surface like so many parasitic insects take the lives of your kin.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 09:00:18 am »

Your dwarves shouldn't fear camels, camels should fear dwarves. So should elves, goblins, badgers, and any others enemy of the mauntainhome without the [NOFEAR] tag.
So man up and have your dwarves punch that camels brains out instead of having them flee like some tree hugging elf.
BAD ADVICE

Anything with hooves is automatically deadly, even an armored dorf can recieve a crippling injury to the hands or feet and an unarmored dorf is essentially dead.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 11:53:06 am »

Has Necro not been in here to say Magma yet? Can i say it?

MAGMA!
This is a blank sig.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 12:04:32 pm »

Has Necro not been in here to say Magma yet? Can i say it?

MAGMA!
It's been some time since I've seen necro on these forums. I guess we'll have to fill in for him.

So....

MAGMA!
it solves all your problems!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BrilliantGnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 08:04:48 pm »

ok then...thanks for the help, i decided to try again.  I was doing better than my previous fortress, but then some guy got possessed. He was my only stoneworker, and i was hoping for experience with a fey or secretive mood, but he had to be possessed.  I locked him in his room where his workshop was and waited for him to become insane, because he wanted metal, i didn't have a forge yet, so you can see the problem.  Luckily he only became melancholly and killed himself from dehydration.  I had forgotten to lock up my cats and they had already adopted a peasant, it was too late now.  I thought i would lose my fortress from the looming catsplosion, but my people hadn't been brewing any wine/ale/beer, so the dehydrated or threw tantrums until hardly anyone was left.  I proceeded to puncture the nearby volcano for good measure.  I abandoned my fortress to visit in adventure mode.  When i got there, the remaining dwarves still alive when i abandoned were still there ;D.  I killed the rest for even more good measure  >:(.  One of them rendered my adventurer useless so i just jumped in the volcano.  one word for my fortress: LOL
It's only a wolf...that happens to look like a giant cave spider...OH MY GOD WHY CAN'T I MOVE!!!

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 08:12:26 pm »

Even if your cats adopt a peasant, you can still harvest the kittens for precious meat and bones as long as you're quick and have a butcher on hand.
Also, if someone wants metal, you don't necessarily need a forge. Just a smelter, which breaks down ore for bars of metal. You can use wood to run the smelter, rather then tapping into the magma if you're in a rush to construct one.
Friendly tips for the future.
Pages: 1 [2]