Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random Merchant???  (Read 494 times)

BrilliantGnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Random Merchant???
« on: June 28, 2011, 05:25:57 pm »

Some merchant comes to my fortress, but my trade depot wasn't set up, so it says he left, but i find out that he didn't, because i got a message saying: merchant went berserk! I found him dead on the ground next to his maceman guard, then i got another message saying: camel (tame) went berserk! I locked my doors so that the dwarves don't try to get the merchant's dropped stuff and get attacked by the camel. What should i do now? I have plenty of food, and a bit of ale/beer, so my dwarves will be fine for a while, but once i run out of stuff to drink, even if i unforbid my front doors and kill that camel, my dwarves will die of thirst because the river is frozen. Although winter i almost over. Should i kill the camel and take the merchant's stuff? :D
It's only a wolf...that happens to look like a giant cave spider...OH MY GOD WHY CAN'T I MOVE!!!

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
Re: Random Merchant???
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 05:33:09 pm »

If the maceman is still there, what's there to worry about?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

BrilliantGnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 05:54:37 pm »

The maceman was laying DEAD next to the dead merchant, the camel killed them both, OH GOD, i just opened my doors and my woodcutter got killed by the camel!
It's only a wolf...that happens to look like a giant cave spider...OH MY GOD WHY CAN'T I MOVE!!!

Rayc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 06:02:39 pm »

Had two dwarfs killed by an insane yak.  Had to forbid everything the yak was caring, and had to wait until the yak starved to death.  Remember to memorialize your merchants, or they'll come back to haunt and hurt your dwarfs.

BrilliantGnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 06:40:27 pm »

Nevermind about that, earlier during the winter i had dug stright into the river while it was frozen, in the spring i noticed that there was a small lake slowly expanding out of the river, i dug a channel though. And it went straight into my base!!!!! i just ended up trying to make the most of it and i dug way far down but got ambushed by fire demons and stuff from the lava, so i just abandoned