Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Containment  (Read 5619 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Containment
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2011, 10:54:58 am »

Hour Eight.

(Basically, you didn't request help from CDC or the UN. You said that you just needed help from the military. If you wanted help, you could have asked. Remember being in control of everything?)

The tank tactics work, until the rebels manage to get their hands on explosives, blowing up several of your tanks. The naval vessals can't get in close enough, so you are on your own in that front. The militia are sent to fight off the undead at the safe zone, until you find out that there are much more zombies then expected, that manage to break through the safe zone quickly overwhelming the militia. The safezone is overrun. In an attempt to bomb Times Square, the bomb accidentally kills an unofficial safe zone, thus making the rebels think you are mass murdering people. Your men realize you need to evacuate. Your men run through the last bridge out of town and fly away in helicopters.

"Hey, Red Crown, good news. Your men were trying to desert you, so we shot them and their helis. Try to make sure your men are in line."

"You stupid assholes, we were trying to evacuate!"

"... Oh shit!"

The incendiary bombing goes through anyway, but it kills more civvies then undead.

50% of general population infected and alive.
30% of general population uninfected and alive.
0% in a safe secure spot.
Most infested area: Times Square.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2011, 10:57:33 am »

*i'm whistling my way out together with Blacklight squadrons.*
can we have a nuke now?
*request made*
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2011, 11:08:44 am »

No! Not the nukes! If we have to kill every living thing in this goodness forsaken city, we will. But the nukes must be kept safe for retaliation.

As an aside, I thought the CDC had taken care of warning people already

http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2011, 11:25:23 am »

Evacuate everyone willing, triple check for bites and infection, quarantine anyone who you suspect could be infected.  Request UN help, and have tighter discipline over the soldiers.  Kill anyone who tries to attack you.  Refrain from killing civilians.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2011, 11:26:49 am »

Burn the city to the ground.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2011, 11:45:02 am »

Get help from UN and NATO.

Send in special forces and get some ships to bomb the city. All rebels are shoot to kill.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2011, 11:47:14 am »

Burn the city to the ground.

Do NOT do that, as long as we have men standing and strongholds holding, we did'nt loose!

Yep, evacuate all civilians, check all bites and everything... If someone don't want to get naked for the check, kill him. Request every force available. We need thousands of men and we only have 300. If rebels are between us and the infected, let them die. If rebels are behind our lines, kill them using the helicopters and the police. Place mines in streets near of the infected. Tell the remaining militians to go around the city and barricade every street with cars, tables, anything they can get to slow down the infected. Keep bombing the hot zones.

And just in case things go wrong... Make a squad of soldiers and tell them to place C4 in the buildings near the frontline. If the strongholds fail, make every bomb explode, creating a new wall between us and the infected.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2011, 02:23:55 pm »

light timesquare ablaze already!
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2011, 02:51:39 pm »

light timesquare ablaze already!

Helicopters rained down hell on it, fires burned all over it, we caused to collapse and we bombarded it three or four times. I think there's not much left to burn now ^^

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2011, 06:33:05 pm »

Look at what these guys have been doing, killing civilians instead of zombies.
Which is more important a few million or a few billion?
Qaruntines don't hold. It'll hit the Americas then spread to the old world.

If you continue genocide of innocent civilians then the commanding officer(us) will be put to prison for life or executed. The second in command would of taken over command by the 4th or 5th hour.
Ends justify the means.
Do you think people will be saying "Well atleast they used humane treatment to contain the infection. Even though they failed." while getting ate?
No they won't. They'll die cursing your name.
I'd rather be excuted for suceeding then excuted for failure.
Wipe the zeds off the earth with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBU-55. Mass bombings. Scorched earth.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 06:45:14 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2011, 06:56:05 pm »

Look at what these guys have been doing, killing civilians instead of zombies.
Which is more important a few million or a few billion?
Qaruntines don't hold. It'll hit the Americas then spread to the old world.

If you continue genocide of innocent civilians then the commanding officer(us) will be put to prison for life or executed. The second in command would of taken over command by the 4th or 5th hour.
Ends justify the means.
Do you think people will be saying "Well atleast they used humane treatment to contain the infection. Even though they failed." while getting ate?
No they won't. They'll die cursing your name.
I'd rather be excuted for suceeding then excuted for failure.
Wipe the zeds off the earth with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBU-55. Mass bombings. Scorched earth.

We have only one mission. Surviving for 48 hours. SURVIVING for 48 hours. If we need to do Mass Bombing, then we lost the game.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2011, 07:02:51 pm »

Then why the name of the game Containment?
We have forty-eight hours to destroy the virus/ carriers and hosts.
Not forty-eight hours to survive.

Rig up some homemade napalm carriers.Blow the tunnels.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 07:07:43 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2011, 07:08:03 pm »

I think it's like 48h zombie survival, AND THEN we can nuke the city. And no zombie can get out. We are surviving to let the military prepare themselves or something like that... Am I right, Fniff?

Also, what tunnels?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 07:43:22 pm by Shootandrun »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2011, 07:43:30 pm »

(I am going to let you in on a little secret. You have 48 hours to make sure the city is still intact. That means making sure the civilians are alive at any cost. The secondary objective is to make sure that the virus does not get out. Destroying the entire city = Failure. ;))

Hour Ten.

"Red Crown, we are disallowing you from evacuating and nuking or bombing the city. You are here to save the city and wait for the military to come up with a good way to stop the undead. The situation is not that bad for a second Hiroshima. Do you know how much the media will call us the next fucking Hitler? Also, this is a fucking quarantine. Nothing in or out without authorization. Out."

Okay, so what you wanna do?

50% of general population infected and alive.
30% of general population uninfected and alive.
0% in a safe secure spot.
Most infested area: Times Square.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 07:48:19 pm by Fniff »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2011, 07:51:20 pm »

Flamethrowers and machine guns.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7