Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Containment  (Read 5619 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Containment
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2011, 03:51:15 am »

Where do you plan to get sherman fire tanks???

You guys are out of your minds. If we have any means of scanning if somebody is infected then a safe zone in the hospital is the best bet, they are usually tall and have helipads so we can restock. They can be systematically closed down and they have a lot of medical supplies.

If you continue genocide of innocent civilians then the commanding officer(us) will be put to prison for life or executed. The second in command would of taken over command by the 4th or 5th hour.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2011, 04:03:09 am »

They aren't innocent civilians anymore. They are revolting/zombies. That is all there are.

Commence a full evacuation. Use tanks to cover our retreat. Helicopters clear the way. Call in an incendiary bombing. This city must be cleansed.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2011, 04:06:44 am »

They are revolting because you started mass murders in the city. This was all brought upon us by ourselves. If the US government doesn't lock us up then they will from the pressure of the EU, NATO and UN.

Do not retreat, get some ships in and start precision bombings.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2011, 04:09:02 am »

There is no such THING as precision bombing. Bombing is an area support weapon. Especially when we have no one near the places to confirm co ordinates of the enemy forces!
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2011, 04:11:45 am »

WHat happened to our helicopters, don't we have a sniper or somebody who we can send in to get coordinates also, we have satellites.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2011, 04:30:55 am »

Yes, because satellites have perfect precision down to single metres.

Helicopters are better used to gun down zombies.

And good luck with getting a sniper close in to the horde.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2011, 04:35:16 am »

mass murder is the key.
a dead body does not become a living zombie.
it stays dead.
zombie don't bite the deads.
and someone call in the special forces. Blacklight. they worked for the Mercer problem, let's have them work for the rest.
(reference ^_^)
begin research on possible vaccine against zombiefication. or adequate weaponry.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2011, 04:40:23 am »

We are in a city, not a country side. The sniper can use buildings for his advantage. Mass murder is not the key, this is genocide we are doing here.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2011, 05:07:19 am »

Most of the buildings are surrounded by zombies, filled with zombies, blown up, or not reachable except by foot.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2011, 05:07:44 am »

We are in a city, not a country side. The sniper can use buildings for his advantage. Mass murder is not the key, this is genocide we are doing here.

genocide is the key then.
We are in bay12. Genocide in here is the key for many many things.

snipers could be used, but they require time setup i suppose. But then again one could use choppers, or DRONES.
WHY didn't we think about the DRONES!
send scouting drones.
use them to map the area and select bombing zones.
prepare kamikaze drones to be sent straight in the heart of the hordes and explode.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2011, 05:14:02 am »

someone get me some industrial grade reinforced steel rods used for supporting buildings, and somehting to hammer them into the ground with.

plant these spikes down as a wall of impailers ie like a hopolites phalanx but thicker, make sure they cant buckle from pressure of the dead. station millita behind it with shorter versions or axes, because these are the best weaponry short of guns for breaking the skull open and detroying the brain. give them molokov cocktails made by looting the local pubs, bars and nightclubs to burn the impailed bodys. the dead will act as a barrier in themselfs, since zombies are not notorious climbers, and applying pressure on said wall will further impail them and impaile themselfs, making it easy to kill. its a self strengthening wall.

behind such a wall, so long as were not flanked -so as a stronghold, say, this guarding the entrance to a walled compound with just 1 gate in and out-
this kill zone will be highly affective with a minimum of personel, and you only need to start 1 fire before you can reuse it. since they take so long to burn out on a human body of fat.

personaly, thats how ide set up my own little stronghold. any humans trying to get through would have to be let in via a ladder or such, unless we went for the 2 partial walls so their was a walk way between the spikes if you went round one and and came back across to the other untill you got in. searched and systematicaly disposed of the infected. since zombies havent got the brains to go round and will walk in a straight line to the food they can see/hear, should walk straight into spikes and basicaly commit harry carry on their one two bill.

---------------just a suggestion for the fortification of the strongholds-
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2011, 07:15:43 am »

Genocide is'nt the key. Our men won't kill civilians, and we don't have a nuclear option to destroy the city for now. So, before starting killing the population and having rebels shoot us down and having the military refuse to give us more help, I think we should all remember that the safe point is safe. Instead of killing people, send them here. They will be like dead civilians: no zombie will be able to infect them. This will also reduce the number of rebels and our troops might accept to do that. But just in case... Place bombs inside the building, hidden. If zombies are spotted inside, we'll destroy it.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2011, 09:54:53 am »

7th hour and you people are already losing, bad. Also, I'm sure I've seen that 'We tend not to fuck around' image somewhere... Where'd you get it from?

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2011, 10:15:56 am »

Look at what these guys have been doing, killing civilians instead of zombies.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2011, 10:21:34 am »

Look at what these guys have been doing, killing civilians instead of zombies.

We've got some people who don't want to kill civilians, and some people who seem to really want a genocide. It's hard to go in the good way when the GM takes every single suggestion, and I like that idea - it makes the game harder. However, if we get constant help from the military, I don't think we are doomed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7