Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Containment  (Read 5622 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Containment
« on: June 28, 2011, 02:23:35 pm »

*Last report from Manhattan.)This is Jessica Albrea, and I am reporting live from Manhattan! There is reports of the dead rising and attacking the living! The military has authorized a quarantine, and orders civilians to stay indoors. The undead have taken over the entire island, and the military are assuring us that they will stop this plague or die trying. This is Jessica Albr-- FUCK! Get it off me! GET IT OFF! *Static*

It started out slow, but it grew. Soon, the entire island had to be contained. People were being attacked in the streets, and huge hordes marched through the streets. You are now in control of everything Manhattan can throw at the undead, and you are assigned one objective: not a single zombie may get out. If the situation is hopeless, you can be authorized the nuclear option, but it hasn't come to that yet, thank God. Try to stop the undead. You have 48 hours.

Hour 1:
The island is now quarantined, and you are now in charge of everything that can be used against the undead in Manhattan. The undead seem to be forming hordes, which are becoming larger and larger. What are our orders?

10% of general population infected.
90% of general population uninfected.
Chaos level: Low.
Most infested area: Times Square.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: Containment
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 02:29:47 pm »

How many exists does the island have?

Anyways, all the civilians are indoors, allocate a helicopter and 20 soldiers to spraying into Times Square.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 02:49:03 pm »

Send 1 helicopter to patrol the area around times square for any zombies who move from times square.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 03:07:20 pm »

Send 100 police officers to make a safe perimeter around time square. Use cars to make a barrier between your forces and the undead. Keep 50 police officers back to help if things get too hot in some streets. The other officers and the military should patrol in the city and shoot any undead they see.

Can we have help from the outside?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 03:19:41 pm by Shootandrun »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 03:40:49 pm »

Hour Two:

All exits are either laid with mines or already destroyed. No way in or out. You send the police officers, soldiers and a helicopter to hold the line at Times Square. They manage to hold the line for an hour, but they lost 27 men already and 17 soldiers. Thanks to the patrols and helicopter, any undead that escaped the barrier has been dealt with, with no casualties. You can request help, but they take two hours to arrive. 

11% of general population infected.
89% of general population uninfected.
Most infested area: Times Square.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 03:42:59 pm »

Send out radio and televsision broadcasts clearly detailing how one avoids infection and proper disposal of undead creatures.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 03:43:36 pm »

go for mass helicopter barrage.
request tank squads and selective bombing of buildings to create barriers the undead can't go through.
call back military and police. equip them with anti-riot equipment and tell them to cover their goddamn necks and keep the shields tight.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 03:48:16 pm »

Request help. We need more manpower, heavy weaponry and if possible bombers, or anything that could do massive damage from the sky.

If an horde gets too near of civilians, send an helicopter and twenty police officers to deal with it. Try to evacuate all zones near Times Square. Close the metro stations; don't just keep civilians out of these, use explosives to shut them.

How many weapons and ammunitions do we have?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 03:49:40 pm »

With 20 - 30 police officers...
Establish green zone/base of operations.  Around a few blocks with a hospital/helipad and a few other buildings that the helicopters can land on. 
They will ask citizens for help to barricade streets and stuff, so that people/zombies can't climb over em or push em out of the way.  Will let people in at first, but, 1st sign of a zombie outside the 'entrance' the gates are closed forever.  (Yes, orderly fashion, if people insist on crowding in... the gates will also be shut down and people shot if they become too unruly.)

There will be a few exit plans set-up, for example planks between tall buildings that can lead out... over various places.

Arm whoever is willing and have em stand watch over the barricades/gate.  Don't use em for anything else.  Their only use is to kill zombies/people in defense of the green zone.  Unreliable and what-not otherwise...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 03:52:53 pm »

request bladed weapons.

request demolition charges.

comendear all grenades to help eradication of the square horde from behind the safety of the barricades.

start evacing civilians in safe areas to a safe zone on the furthest point of the iland away from zombies, every member checked before allowed through, arm those known beyond doubt to be uninfected with impromt melle weaponry. station a guard and increase patrolls by pulling in policemen from the local area.

distress signal to the local army barracks and request an urgent standby of all millatery assets, ask for an army to form on the river banks outside of the iland and for amphibious transporters. seal and normal troop carriers. comandear the local floatilla of ships and prevent all civilian shipping.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 03:54:59 pm »

I agree with that plan. However, we should wait 'till we know if we're ok with weapons before handing them to civilians. Also, with 18 millions of civilians still alive, we'll need more than one green zone. I'd say four - at the west, east, south and north of the city.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 04:03:06 pm »

I agree with that plan. However, we should wait 'till we know if we're ok with weapons before handing them to civilians. Also, with 18 millions of civilians still alive, we'll need more than one green zone. I'd say four - at the west, east, south and north of the city.
Well... with only what is really a handful of officers, a very very small number, its kinda not possible to keep containment down AND establish 4 safe zones.

You need at least 1 safe haven for the helicopters to come and go...  as for ammo/guns... loot the police armories...  200 cops is such a small number... for anywhere in the city.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 04:08:41 pm »

Well... with only what is really a handful of officers, a very very small number, its kinda not possible to keep containment down AND establish 4 safe zones.

You need at least 1 safe haven for the helicopters to come and go...  as for ammo/guns... loot the police armories...  200 cops is such a small number... for anywhere in the city.

But every civilian still alive is a potential zombie as long as they are not safe. However, I kind of agree with you - we don't have enough manpower to make four safe zones at once. We just have to make one after another.

Also, a milita. Create a makeshift milita with weapons you find in gunstores or in police armories. Even though they won't be as useful as police officers, having more men can let us cover more territory.For example, in a squad we could place ten police officers and ten to twenty civilians with weapons? The police will coach them and get them ordered.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 04:15:38 pm »

Our center in the safe zone should be in the hospital.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 05:00:04 pm »

Our center in the safe zone should be in the hospital.

which is where the wounded tend to go.
and wounded who die become zombies.
best safe zone place in my opinion:
a city square.
barricade all the entries in the square and you're safe and also have enough space for EVAC with helicopters.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7