Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Containment  (Read 5617 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: Containment
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2011, 07:49:26 pm »

"We need every thing! We've got ten millions zombies in the city right now! More manpower, tanks, bombers, air support, material, everything."

So. Let's recap.
-10 millions zombies, mainly around times square
-10 millions civies, all around the city and rebelling against us
-Full support from the military
-293 people with guns
-42 hours to hold

Anyone got an idea? I'd say make "Strongholds", places where we put twenty to thirty soldiers, well defended of course (several rows of barricades and fences, concrete walls, hall that stuff, with retreat options) where zombies are in great numbers and where they need to pass to go to some other place (the biggest streets, some kind of bridge, I dunno). Because we don't have enough men to make a strong perimeter, we might as well try and slow them down where it will matter the most until the bombers finish making a "wall" around the most infected places. I still think the quantity is better than the quality, and we should recruit people in the civilians that are not rebelling.

What de we do with the rebels, guys? I think, immortal, we should evac them: using our helicopters we won't be able to get all of them out there, but if they see we are still trying to save them they'll calm down.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2011, 07:57:20 pm »

I know I said leave two streets open for evac on foot, broadcast that, if they can't get out of building and to the exits head for roofs. Tell them to evac now and let us take down the buildings.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2011, 08:01:23 pm »

No, I meant not waiting an hour to get them out of the rooftops but starting now.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2011, 08:02:29 pm »

You think the rebels are just going to jump happily on the black government helicopters to get "Rescued"? Nah. Those guys are too far gone for us to help.

Shoot to kill orders active, enforced curfew, anyone seen on the street is taken into custody, and if possible, moved to an evacuation zone.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2011, 08:04:26 pm »

If we start shooting down civilians things will get much worse. I'd say leave them to their misery - the rebels are near the infected zones right now, they won't survive for long.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2011, 08:05:53 pm »

Okay but triple check that they aren't infected.. I was fine just telling them we need to wait in order to gaurentee non infectedness.

Stop killing the civies you fool! Tell them to run for the exits!

I like the stronghold idea. Tell all civies to block the entrances to their skyscrapers. Mark the roof so we know. Tell them to arm themselves with anything and hold up in buildings. That is if they can't run..
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 08:09:15 pm by Immortal »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2011, 08:12:41 pm »

Another good point with letting the rebels live is that they are most likely armed, and possibly in great numbers. Altough they don't have any military training and won't survive for long, they might slow down the infecteds.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2011, 08:13:44 pm »

Shoot to kill ALL civilians. Destroy buildings such that they collapse on the streets where zombies are congregating.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2011, 08:14:51 pm »

Hour Seven.

You manage to evacuate around a good portion of Manhattan, but the sad thing is that most of the building are far too infested to even land on, so some holdouts can't be evacuated. The safezone is probably the most secure thing in Manhattan, a hospital with a helipad with lots of refuels. The strongholds are second most secure thing in Manhattan. You order a shoot-to-kill policy on all civilians, but you manage to advertise it better, so the troops accept it.

Containment

50% of general population infected.
45% of general population uninfected.
5% in a safe secure spot.
Most infested area: Times Square.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2011, 08:17:33 pm »

Only shoot civilians who are menacing towards our soldiers/infected. Not the others. Civies are gonna god crazy if things go on like that. Also, WE'VE GOT TANKS! HECK YEA!

What do we do with these now?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2011, 08:24:20 pm »

Tanks are best used as bulldozers, really.

Have our guys install hedge cutters and start mowing zombies down in the streets, then reverse before they get swamped, have soldiers shoot any zombies hanging on, go back out again. If a tank gets completely stopped by masses of undead, have them radio in their position for a tactical airstrike-cluster bombs, btw-and take all zombes crowding the vehicle in one blow.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2011, 08:24:59 pm »

Dammit, can we order in some artillery? I'm not familiar with the area. Can naval vessels get close enough to provide artillery support?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2011, 08:42:16 pm »

Alright. Using satellites, watch if any horde of zombie is going towards one of the strongholds. If so, bomb them down. Using the new soldiers we got, reinforce all strongholds. If we have field engineers, we could do with more fortifications, put snipers in the surrounding buildings, etc.
Inspect the borders of the infected zone, check for any way out that is not being covered by strongholds. If we find them, we can either: -create a new stronghold (if it's a large area) -lock it down using bombers, by destroying a building or something (and this should be the highest priority).

If we have access to artillery, bombard all zones with high infected numbers. The less there are alive, the less there will be attacking us.

Go around the civilians in the safe spot and ask "if some of them want to help their nation". Recruit more people in the milita, but don't send them at the front; use them to defend the safe spot.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2011, 11:01:57 pm »

Why in the hell did anyone tell the militia, police and army that they were going to fire on civvies?
If this is the only outbreak then why haven't we receive orders to burn the city or aid from other nations???
Did a government office threaten a person WITH A NUC?
Why isn't the CDC, CBIRF, government sanctioned corporations and a UN taskforce on this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tell them that the sickness does not manifest itself for a while.
Whip up some homemade napalm and put into pesticide containers with a lighter up front. Hook to a tank/ plane/ bulldozer.
Evacuate all Police.
Call in the navy to bombard the infected sections of the city.
Have the air force drop a CBU-55 in times square.(Desperate times, desperate measures) Pull your boys back first.
Strengthen holdings.
Call in CBIRF to make sure it doesn't spread past NY.(patrol around the island.) Nothing gets in/out without permission. Shoot to kill.
Where are the SWAT teams? CALL'EM IN.
Finally, we are grunts and we don't get paid enough to be heros.
Kill'em all, and let God sort'em out.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:20:00 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2011, 02:47:37 am »

i was saying complete extermination from the beginning. ç_ç
finally, with sherman fire tanks, begin burning down buildings. make them crumble to ash.
Use potash rounds and potash grenades to leave but the bones of infected.
and may god help us all.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7