Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not sure if my trap will work.  (Read 1119 times)

Agith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Not sure if my trap will work.
« on: June 28, 2011, 10:51:57 am »

I have a basic trap, a pitfall that is covered by 4 hatches... Yet I realised that I removed the ramps that go down....Will goblins in a siege still run into it?

Since there are no downward ramps wouldn't that just block off the entrance to my fort?

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
  • Detests !!Caravans!! for their terrifing antics.
    • View Profile
Re: Not sure if my trap will work.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 11:56:38 am »

Are you hoping they'll run in then you can close the hatches on top of them?  Probably won't work with out a way for them to get into and out of the pit. and as far as I can tell, hatches won't open if something is already on top of them.

you could just replace hatches with floor grates hooked up to a lever, and open the grates when they are running over. You could also wall around the pit with a door on either side that you can open and lock yourself if you're worried about timing.
Currently I have "The Breached Anus of brides"  sounds like a disastrous honey moon.
Exactly. Ethics in DF are very realistic - trivial and pointlessly selectively ex/inclusive.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
Re: Not sure if my trap will work.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 12:08:34 pm »

Or a retracting bridge
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.