Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Mindscrew The RTD (Turn 2: In which I don't write a lot.)  (Read 3166 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Mindscrew The RTD (Turn 2: In which I don't write a lot.)
« on: June 28, 2011, 07:02:55 am »

Ok, so I actually start a game. This will rely a lot on you not knowing what's going on. I will only tell you what you need to know.
 1. This is set in modern times.
 2. You're a prototype super soldier. You don't remember anything about your life before the start of the project.
 That is all you need to know about the plot.

Influences:
 F.E.A.R. - tactical combat and mindscrew can coexist.
 Amnesia - losing sanity can lead to interesting gameplay effects.
 Paranoia - you don't need to know anything.
 A certain other work of fiction I will not reveal, since it'll tell you too much.

Content:
Spoiler: Rolls. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapon list (click to show/hide)

So, sign up?
Spoiler: Sign up form. (click to show/hide)

Players (6/6):
Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EmoBiatch (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: kilakan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twiggie (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Waiting list:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 02:04:00 am by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: So, I actually host a game again. Mindscrew The RTD (Signups, 0/6)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 07:23:36 am »

Name: Mark Hodges
Skills: Hyper-Aware (+1 to sensing things in the environment), Eagle-Eyed (+1 to vision-based rolls such as searching or aiming), Chatty (-1 to stealth rolls)
Bio: Mark is 5'9, his head shaved bald. His eyes are green and usually darting around, taking in his surroundings. He has a lean physique. As for personality, he's twitchy and excitable, and he tends to talk a lot.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 07:25:20 am »

Bwahaha, victims players already! Accepted.

Edit: By the way, your +1 to aiming will only apply to semi auto fire, to keep it balanced, ok?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 07:27:45 am by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 07:30:16 am »

Name: Justarr Kutaryn (Talarion)
Skills: Cold Shoulder (-1 to Charisma/Interaction rolls) Handy (+1 to Dex rolls) Trainer Determinator (+1 to Physique rolls)
Bio: Justarr has short, dark blackish brown hair with steel gray eyes and pale skin. He is about 6'1, with a lean body-build with a hint of muscle mass and a lot of muscle definition. He has a tattoo on the back of his hand in a unique intertwining snake pattern. He is a quiet man, doesn't like talking much, but he does enjoy being useful. As such, he has trained his body to be as strong and flexible as possible. He believes that all people should have free will.

Is this okay?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 07:33:35 am »

Name: Justarr Kutaryn (Talarion)
Skills: Cold Shoulder (-1 to Charisma/Interaction rolls) Handy (+1 to Dex rolls) Trainer Determinator (+1 to Physique rolls)
Bio: Justarr has short, dark blackish brown hair with steel gray eyes and pale skin. He is about 6'1, with a lean body-build with a hint of muscle mass and a lot of muscle definition. He has a tattoo on the back of his hand in a unique intertwining snake pattern. He is a quiet man, doesn't like talking much, but he does enjoy being useful. As such, he has trained his body to be as strong and flexible as possible. He believes that all people should have free will.

Is this okay?

Yeah, accepted. Also some points in both of your personalities are ironic when knowing what's going to happen later in the game. I'm evilly grinning to myself now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: So, I actually host a game again. Mindscrew The RTD (Signups, 1/6)
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 07:34:11 am »

Well I was thinking more like sniping than shooting from the hip, but sure, that'll work too. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: So, I actually host a game again. Mindscrew The RTD (Signups, 1/6)
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 07:36:01 am »

Well I was thinking more like sniping than shooting from the hip, but sure, that'll work too. ^^;
Semi-auto. It means 1 trigger pull = 1 shot. Therefore the idea is aim=/=recoil control and reflex.

EmoBiatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, I actually host a game again. Mindscrew The RTD (Signups, 2/6)
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 08:15:51 am »

Name : Taylor
Skills : [Stealth  -1] [Accuracy +1] [Endurance +1]
Bio : Short gray hair, green eyes, 5'9 . Personality more offensive than defensive, and likes to rush in the middle of the fight
I'm flying faster than the speed of SANDWICH !

Every monday's first words : Hurrfriggin' horseshit....

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 08:25:33 am »

Name:Khan
Skills:Taste of Blood (when enemy or I are hurt +1 to attack) No Kill Like Over-Kill (when using insane weapons +1, think dropping a piano on a puppy, or a mini-gun against one guy)  I wonder what your insides look like (-1 to dealing with other characters in a friendly manner)
Bio: His skin is more scar then it is actual skin, Tall but overweight,  his eyes are perpetually bloodshot so much that they appear red and not any normal color.  He has very long, frizzy hair, and a long beard with occasional burn marks.  He always wears his toughest clothing, and steel toed boots.
Nom nom nom

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 10:40:26 am »

@EmoBiatch : I'll count the -stealth as minus tactics rolls and the +1 endurance as +1 physique. THe +1 to shooting would be overpowered since that's what you'll be doing most of the time, so I'll give you a +1 to CQC, because that seems to fit your character. Also, you'll probably die in a messy, gory fashion. Just sayin'.

@kilakan : Will buff No Kill Like Overkill, because it's oddly specific and because overkill is impractical. Will debuff the -1 friendlyness, because intimidation is also speech, but isn't affected.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, I actually host a game again. Mindscrew The RTD (Signups, 4/6)
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 11:36:22 am »

Sure that's ok then, I like overkill so although it's impractical I'll probably be doing it alot,  I like being able to make enemies blow up and stuff in RTD's
Nom nom nom

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 12:53:56 pm »

Name: Ardent
Skills: Sniper (+1 to long range combat) Practical Mind (+1 to tactics) Fear of the abstract (-1 to Science)
Bio: Dark blonde hair and blue eyes. Has a large tattoo covering his right arm and shoulder. He is suspicious of anything he cannot understand. He does not like talking too much.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 12:55:15 pm »

Accepted. Only one more now.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: So, I actually host a game again. Mindscrew The RTD (Signups, 5/6)
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 12:45:12 am »

Shameless bump for great justice!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mindscrew The RTD (Signups, 1 slot left!)
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 01:10:00 am »

Name: Hikari Shizume
Skills: Ninja (+1 to stealth, and Melee Combat) Advanced Tactician (+1 to Tactics), Born of a Different Era (-1 to accuracy with firearms)
Bio: 5 Ft 10 In, 100 Lbs, Silver Hair, and Eyes, Several Scars up, and down Arms

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 03:23:43 am by adwarf »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4