Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Kickass  (Read 4224 times)

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
Kickass
« on: June 27, 2011, 08:56:07 pm »

Ustitdun Iridliruk, "Breachcharmed the Rhythmic Violence", a platinum crossbow

This is a platinum crossbow. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with platinum.

So nice.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kickass
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 09:22:05 pm »

Niiiiiice.  I love the names in this game.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 09:36:52 pm »

That sounds like a psuedonym for Bianca.

Come to think of it, Varric's crossbow had a platinum plating upgrade...
Your next mission, should you choose to accept it, is to name whichever crossbowdwarf who uses it "Varric" and then send them on a mission into the caverns, after returning to the rest of the fort they need to help end a siege, kill their brother, and fail to prevent a tantrum spiral.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 09:50:11 pm »

I'll get riiight on that.

But damn, my dorfs is violent! I just got this one, which is the first one I got since my rhythmic violence:

Berimvathsith, "The Artificial Square", a zinc war hammer

This is a zinc war hammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cedar. This object is adorned with hanging rings of zinc.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 10:48:47 pm »

An artifact platinum crossbow is not only more accurate than any masterpiece crossbow, due to the artifact bonus, but it also makes a decent bashing weapon once you run out of bolts.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 01:03:47 am »

...but it also makes a decent bashing weapon once you run out of bolts.

I wish I could say that about my two artifact adamantine crossbows...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 01:23:43 am »

Now, if only I could actually find the damned thing, I could stop panicking and assign it to my Squad leader.

evileeyore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 01:39:50 am »

An artifact platinum crossbow is not only more accurate than any masterpiece crossbow, due to the artifact bonus, but it also makes a decent bashing weapon once you run out of bolts.

Which is why I wasn't upset when one of my forts produced an artifact lead crossbow.

Which sadly no marksdwarf ever piked up.   :(

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 01:42:06 am »

...actually, I'm starting to get a bit worried. I can't find this damned thing anywhere, and it's a waste of a perfectly good artifact platinum crossbow.

zx.pr0jk#

• Bay Watcher
  • Goblin Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 04:20:54 am »

Create a stockpile that only accepts artifact quality equipment.

Disable artifact quality at all other stockpiles.

It'll show up there sooner or later.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 05:07:39 am »

Also, dwarves wont spontaneously equip artifacts.  You need to assign it as a specific item in the equip screen (it'll be listed by its artifact name).  I have a strange feeling the dwarf needs a legendary skill, this may be out-of-date stuff from back when we had champions
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 05:44:03 am »

To find the crossbow you can go to "z -> Stocks" then scroll down to "weapons". On the right you should find a "platinum crossbow", probably on the second page. If you then press tab to switch to specific items you can find its location with z.

As celem says, you can equip directly. I've equiped raw recruits with multiple artifacts in the past without difficulty.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 07:41:32 am »

I jelly. :c
My most recent for has made like 13 artifacts, and only 1 of them has ANY potential for weaponizing, due to it being a mechanism. Everything else is either totally useless or only good for decoration. Fuck my luck/dorfs. :P (no dorf in his/her right mind would make a fucking CEDAR CUP)

As for equipping the artifact, you'll probably have to assign it directly to the dorf in the military screen. Just assign a [W]eapon, then go specific weapon and select the artifact. The dorf should pick it up no problem.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 08:48:38 am »

Shouldn't it be under the artifacts menu?
Also, shiny... :3
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 09:10:16 am »

I can find it under the artifacts menu, but there's never a "go to item" key and it pisses me off. In the stocks menu, all my weapons show up in brown with the question mark with two in red (also with question mark), whether my bookkeeper has record keeping or not. It also doesn't show up on my military equipment screen like my artifact hammer, which is currently owned by my militia captain.
Pages: [1] 2