Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220533 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: Trouble in Triforce Town
« Reply #1650 on: December 19, 2012, 10:50:45 pm »

Bradley follows Zach when he reappears.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: December 20, 2012, 10:43:10 am »

Bradley follows Zach when he reappears.
"Right, thanks anyway. I'll be back if I find anything worthwhile to trade with."

Leave the shop and hop into the pipe again. Then head back into the room with the triangles and see if I can go through that previously blocked door.
Joe: OSHIT A PRINCESS. NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE

Bradley, Zach and Joe all enter the Angry Sun Room.

Crank sat and thought.  This place was far more dangerous than he had anticipated... was rushing into things really such a good idea?  He was hurt, and a bit tired, and here he was messing with a trapped chest.  This wasn't good thinking.

In a rare moment of restraint, Crank sat and thought.

Rest.  Ponder the nature of this area.

Crank rests and feels a wave of warmth and light wash over him. In a moment, it disappears again. Be careful out there, child. 4 HP and 3 MP restored.

Spoiler: Sprite tally (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: December 20, 2012, 11:14:26 am »

I'm #1!  What do I win?

Now you have to make us all ... and ^_^ and @_@ and :o and 8O and X( sprites.

Crank again felt the presence of the strange spirits.  This one, at least, appeared to be benevolent.  Such an odd place...

Back to the original plan.

Stand near the door and try to throw the green gems at the chest to trigger any potential traps.  If nothing happens or something like an arrow trap is triggered (and hopefully expended), LOOT.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: December 20, 2012, 11:46:59 am »

: "Hmm. I think there would have to be something like tension, if we have to do a..."

Ochita had finally worked out just what the voices had said, and he paled slightly.

: "Fuzz, I think I need to go see Zelda. Something horrible has happened, I think."

Hurry to Zelda!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: December 20, 2012, 11:56:55 am »

Stand near the door and try to throw the green gems at the chest to trigger any potential traps.  If nothing happens or something like an arrow trap is triggered (and hopefully expended), LOOT.

Trouble. Again.

Spoiler: Crank (Toaster) (click to show/hide)

: "Fuzz, I think I need to go see Zelda. Something horrible has happened, I think."

Hurry to Zelda!

COMIN' THROUGH

: "Oh, hey again. I am ninety-nine% positive there's nothing left in this room. At all. Maybe I should check back around the top floor..."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: December 20, 2012, 12:04:04 pm »

: "Zelda, I found something in the room that you left. Its like one of these..
Ochita holds up the green rupee, then stows it back into his pockets.

: "Only that it was glowing, and blue. And when I touched it, I heard voices, something about a city, blood everywhere, and then some sort of force repelled me from the gem.
At this point, Ochita shows his burnt hand, and winces slightly. He takes in a breath before continuing.

:"Zelda, I think something horrible has happened. I think that whatever city this was built to protect, everyones dead!"
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: December 20, 2012, 12:09:17 pm »

:"Zelda, I think something horrible has happened. I think that whatever city this was built to protect, everyones dead!"

Zelda just shakes her head while Ochita talks about the rupee then speaks up at the mention of her city.

: "I know. It's been that way for a while now. As far as I know, I'm the last living Hylian."

She looks back out toward the other room.

: "Which makes it a perfect hiding place for my team's old stash."

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: No Award for Rolling a 2
« Reply #1657 on: December 20, 2012, 12:21:36 pm »

Joe: Poke the Sun.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: December 20, 2012, 12:24:43 pm »

OChita hung his head low as zelda told him that she was most likely the last one of her race alive.

: "I.. I'm sorry to hear that.. Although, I think someone's in the city now. The glowing gem, the voices said something about a man hearing them, and that the whole city is connected to them. Weird, they seemed like it was extremely surprising for someone to hear them."
Ochita sighs, and then slowly turns to look at the doorway.
: "Uhh.. I think my friends are out there.. A toad, a boo, and zach who always wears sunglasses."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: December 20, 2012, 12:27:48 pm »

Oh boy.  Again.

Abjuration sphere!  One square right!

: "Who are you people?  What's with this traitor business?"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 12:34:36 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: December 21, 2012, 12:09:06 am »

: "Uhh.. I think my friends are out there.. A toad, a boo, and zach who always wears sunglasses."

Zelda shuffles around on her feet and whispers to no one in particular. She nods and faces Ochita again.

: "O-okay. I don't really... like large crowds, right? Just... I'll wait here until they've gone their own ways."

She walks up to Ochita and puts on a sly grin.

: "Your friends were genuinely upset when they thought you'd died. I've been watching all of you for some time now. Others have been watching for me. You don't have to feign idiocy. You know what's at stake here. When this little resort adventure's over, would you like to join Fuzz and I? We're going to free the Fire Star while the others chase the the Thunder Star. Only thing is, we have to be real quiet about it - don't want to draw Bowser's ire straight back to your Kingdom. What do you say?"

Oh boy.  Again.

Abjuration sphere!  One square right!

: "Who are you people?  What's with this traitor business?"

No response. Crank heads to the right and casts his Abjuration Shield. The magi-looking creature follows him and casts a barrier of its own.

Joe: Poke the Sun.

... Look at that. Amazing. The Author is nice enough to roll WIS - the common sense stat -  for Joe. But Joe fails it anyway. He fails his common sense rolls, pokes the sun and takes four damage from its inner flame. The Angry Sun grunts.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 12:11:12 am by freeformschooler »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: December 21, 2012, 12:28:15 am »

If that shield was anything like his own, this looked to be a tricky fight.  Gotta test it.

Fire Arcane Blades at him!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: December 21, 2012, 12:03:57 pm »

If that shield was anything like his own, this looked to be a tricky fight.  Gotta test it.

Fire Arcane Blades at him!

... Crank swipes at the dark figure with Arcane Blades. It looks surprised but not heavily injured. At least his magic isn't being reflected.

The figure slowly shambles up to crank and hits him on the head with a wooden staff. Bonk! Crank takes no damage but feels his movement being hindered!

Spoiler: Zachary (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dirk (CJ1145) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crank (Toaster) (click to show/hide)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: December 21, 2012, 12:35:38 pm »

Ochita looked down, then across the room, unable to really focus on Zelda. He stumbled slightly, and leaned against a wall. Slowly, he nods.

: "... I.. Accept."
Ochita lets out a deep breath, something that he didn't know that he was holding in.

: "If you're really trying to not let the neverwas into this world, then I should help you. I.. I'm going to miss my friends though. Feels like I've had such little time with them after escaping the neverwas..."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: December 21, 2012, 01:02:46 pm »

Crank instinctively tried to backstep, but found himself rooted to the spot.  So much for escaping this  one- only one way forward.

Arcane blades again!  Expect that a lot since it's my only real offensive move!
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 122