Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220557 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: Trouble in Triforce Town
« Reply #1635 on: December 19, 2012, 01:52:35 pm »

((I can't recall what the properties of the rock were again... Can you quote them for me please?))

"Nothing here, but I'll take a bit of this rock anyway. Never know when it might come in handy... Infact, while I'm here, I should go check that shop for moonstone!"

Grab a sizeable bit of the rock and head to the shop. Ask the shopkeep guy if he has any moonstone in stock.

((You never rolled high enough on inspection of the rock or its pieces to get the full properties.))

Zach heads back to the shop. ... The Shop Guy looks no less bored than before.

: "Moonrock? Hmm? None in stock. But... maybe try SHOP GUY SHOP GRAB BAG just in case? If not, maybe pretend really hard random rock is moon rock. Hm?"

Not much of a door.

If I can't just push it open, see if I can squeeze in that crack.  Failing that, Arcane Blade that piece of wood off and try to force my way in.

... Crank's attempt to push the door open is totally unsuccessful, so he tries to squeeze through the tiny crack instead. ... However, the crack's also too large for the wide base of his body. Man, if only he was a little smaller!

He then casts a quick incantation on the door's wooden blockage. ... The blockage is easily sliced apart, and the door basically flies open in front of him. Good ol' magic!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: December 19, 2012, 02:02:00 pm »

Enter!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: December 19, 2012, 03:19:42 pm »

STATUS UPDATE
(for anyone who has lost track with the real time updates)
Ochita: currently in the water near Fuzz. Top floor of the puzzle.
Crank: Entering the castle from a back entrance.
Dirk: Standing around on the top floor of the puzzle in the sun/moon hallway.
Bradley: In the room with the Moon Cleft. Puzzle complete.
Joe: In the Angry Sun room via the newly-opened doorway.
Zachary: In the Shop Guy Shop.

Enter!

Crank enters through the wide open doorway. He finds himself in a diminuitive square room. It is very dark in here.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: December 19, 2012, 03:25:30 pm »

Joe: Talk with angry sun, figure out what it even wants.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: December 19, 2012, 04:14:21 pm »

Prop the door open for light.  Then investigate the hammer-looking thing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: December 19, 2012, 05:54:03 pm »

Prop the door open for light.  Then investigate the hammer-looking thing.

The door is already propped open! ... Crank briefly considers there could be a darkness spell cast over the area. He then heads over to the hammer-looking thing, realizing even in the darkness it's a wooden sign. He tries to read it...

... However, the sign quickly topples over, knocking Crank back! It collapses into wood chips. Crank takes two damage.

Joe: Talk with angry sun, figure out what it even wants.

: "Need... plants... to shine on! Shining... hard... as possible!"

Spoiler: GM note (click to show/hide)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: December 19, 2012, 05:56:58 pm »

:"Hey Fuzz. By the way I know who 'he' is. She told me, we talked, it all went okay actually. She also said that you didn't need to lie to me. Also, you didn't just hear voices now, did you?"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: December 19, 2012, 06:36:29 pm »

Joe: What's that to the left?
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: December 19, 2012, 08:16:24 pm »

Nice interface.

Investigate the thing directly above the sign.  Failing anything of note, go Left.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: December 19, 2012, 09:14:37 pm »

Joe: What's that to the left?

: "Hey! A Toad! Your hair - you look a lot like - nevermind. Who are you?"

:"Hey Fuzz. By the way I know who 'he' is. She told me, we talked, it all went okay actually. She also said that you didn't need to lie to me. Also, you didn't just hear voices now, did you?"

: "What? Oh- yeah. I wasn't sure. She's been on about her identity since I met her. Something about war and borders and tension."

((Ochita/Fuzz sprites aren't done yet, sorry!))

Investigate the thing directly above the sign.  Failing anything of note, go Left.

It looks like an iron torch holder, but in this deep darkness you can't tell.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: December 19, 2012, 09:32:26 pm »

: "Now that's something I can understand."

LOOT, after making sure that thing in front isn't a trap.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: December 19, 2012, 09:36:31 pm »

: "Now that's something I can understand."

LOOT, after making sure that thing in front isn't a trap.

... Crank is unsure whether or not the thing in front is a trap. It is entirely possible.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:40:46 pm by freeformschooler »

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: December 19, 2012, 09:49:04 pm »

Joe: OSHIT A PRINCESS. NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: December 19, 2012, 10:15:41 pm »

"Right, thanks anyway. I'll be back if I find anything worthwhile to trade with."

Leave the shop and hop into the pipe again. Then head back into the room with the triangles and see if I can go through that previously blocked door.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: December 19, 2012, 10:49:03 pm »

Crank sat and thought.  This place was far more dangerous than he had anticipated... was rushing into things really such a good idea?  He was hurt, and a bit tired, and here he was messing with a trapped chest.  This wasn't good thinking.

In a rare moment of restraint, Crank sat and thought.

Rest.  Ponder the nature of this area.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 11:00:24 pm by Toaster »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 122