Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220572 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: Trouble in Triforce Town
« Reply #1620 on: December 18, 2012, 04:20:12 pm »

Try a magical experiment at the door to the south, it that doesn't work, go back into the room filled with water, and try to dive down to the sparkles.

CRITICAL! Ochita casts a healing spell on the door. It flares out from his hand and engulfs him, healing an entire ... twelve points of damage! Ochita's wounds close before his eyes. He'd never been able to do that before...

: "You better get back to your world, then- this one is for the living!"

Two left, then Arcane Blades to finish him off.

((The dice smile upon you.))

... Crank's final attack slices through the shade and causes it to fade away wordlessly. Odd, these kinds of battles are usually ended with a boastful speech from the villian. Crank gains 11 EXP!

Spoiler: Zachary (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dirk (CJ1145) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crank (Toaster) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 05:17:23 pm by freeformschooler »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: December 18, 2012, 04:41:40 pm »

: "This is a strange, strange place."

He sat and pondered the meaning of the shade's words.  What could this all mean?

Rest and recover.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: December 18, 2012, 04:49:38 pm »

Shrug, and go to the room with all the water in, diving in to the sparkling thing.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: December 18, 2012, 07:05:02 pm »

Joe: Head north?
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: December 18, 2012, 09:37:06 pm »

"Hmm, one of them must have had the other one and is down below... I wonder what this is for..."

Inspect the fallen rock bits and then follow the beams of light and see where they go and what they do.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: December 18, 2012, 10:15:37 pm »

Shrug, and go to the room with all the water in, diving in to the sparkling thing.

Crank rests for a while in silence. Though this sunken city is deep underground, wind blows in from cracks in the outer walls, soothing him. But where does it come from? Do not worry, adventurer. My compassion will restore you. Rest, now. 4 HP, 3 MP restored.

Joe: Head north?

The door has apparently become un-stuck.

Ochita heads back through the pipe and up to the water room. Fuzz waves to him from his platform. Ochita then dives into the water, trying to get to the shiny thing he'd seen at the bottom again.

After swimming down several feet, he finds something that looks like the Rupee he found earlier. This one, however, glows intensely. He picks it up-

don'thaveenoughshouldrestorehimtoodangerouspleasetryhe'sstrongwontsurvive

hecanhearmebuthowhushsisterthewholecityisconnectedtous?yes

allthisbloodi'mgonnacryigavehimachancetoredeemhimselfcryingengagedpleasesisterhushit'snotourfault

yesitisbwaaaaaaaaaaayoudonotUNDERSTANDdidyourbestdonotGETanotherCHANCEit'snotagameanymore

Ochita feels a force repelling him from the jewel. ... He drops it, his gloved hand burning white-hot for a brief moment. The water cools him after a few seconds, but he takes four points of damage from the burns to his skin.

"Hmm, one of them must have had the other one and is down below... I wonder what this is for..."

Inspect the fallen rock bits and then follow the beams of light and see where they go and what they do.

... Zach focuses on the rock bits and discerns that they're of the same material the large stone was, but are small and light enough to be carried.

The beams of light seem to end at the western wall. Touching them does nothing - they're just light.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: December 18, 2012, 10:29:11 pm »

Crank squatted down as he sat back and rested.  He ached from the attacks of the strange spirits he met... what did they mean, world between worlds?  Darkness between time and space?  At least this breeze was refreshing...

He froze.  Was that a voice?  Breeze, underground?  He was sure he heard a voice!  What was this?

: "Who's there?  What is this place?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: December 18, 2012, 10:38:39 pm »

: "Who's there?  What is this place?"

I think you scared him n

Yep, definitely voices. It's a little hard to make out what they're saying, though.

could we appear? s hope not. t would be cataclysmic... right?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: December 18, 2012, 10:46:26 pm »

: "I can hear you.  Was that your breeze?  ... Thanks."

Crank looked around for a source of the voice.

: "...where am I?  This was a city, right?"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: December 18, 2012, 10:49:58 pm »

: "...where am I?  This was a city, right?"

this is so maddening it's happening too fast stop arguing go bother zachary HE ASKS TOO MANY QUESTIONS

Yes, child. My name is tralala ladeeda apparently may aid you in your exploration. I still do not understand how.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: December 18, 2012, 10:57:32 pm »

Crank blinked.

: "Um.  Thanks again for the healing breeze.  I'm heading on now..."

Perhaps it was just lingering shades of the dead.  This place seemed to attract them.

Head over the bridge!  If jumping along those remaining pillars looks risky, just Jet Boost across.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: December 19, 2012, 03:18:30 am »

: "Glub!?" (Who's there?!)
: "... Glub!" (... Wait why am I trying to talk underwater, Aaaaaaaaa)

Ochita swims up to the surface, and takes in a deep breath of air, and repeats the who's there, waving to fuzz as he does so.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: December 19, 2012, 11:44:26 am »

Ochita swims up to the surface, and takes in a deep breath of air, and repeats the who's there, waving to fuzz as he does so.

: "Hey, I'm here! It's me! Hey again!"

... Ochita receives no reply from the earlier voices. Fuzz looks to be examining the door.

Head over the bridge!  If jumping along those remaining pillars looks risky, just Jet Boost across.

... Crank easily hops from pillar to pillar, finding himself at the end of the bridge momentarily. A vast door stretches out in front of him.

Not exactly the pinnacle of security.

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crank (Toaster) (click to show/hide)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: December 19, 2012, 01:26:27 pm »

((I can't recall what the properties of the rock were again... Can you quote them for me please?))

"Nothing here, but I'll take a bit of this rock anyway. Never know when it might come in handy... Infact, while I'm here, I should go check that shop for moonstone!"

Grab a sizeable bit of the rock and head to the shop. Ask the shopkeep guy if he has any moonstone in stock.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: December 19, 2012, 01:46:07 pm »

Not much of a door.

If I can't just push it open, see if I can squeeze in that crack.  Failing that, Arcane Blade that piece of wood off and try to force my way in.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 122