Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220599 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: Trouble in Triforce Town
« Reply #1605 on: December 18, 2012, 01:32:34 pm »

((^That'd be too easy.))

Crank had seen his share of corpses on his travels, so this wasn't exactly a shock.  The message- traitor blood? - appeared to be more of a warning than anything else.  While Crank was certainly not one of the traitors mentioned here, any sort of cultist couldn't be expected to listen to reason.

He'd have to be careful.  And the best way to do that was to be prepared.  He knew what that meant...

Loot Search the corpses for information and things they're no longer using.

((For those of us with no heal abilities, is there a non-combat "rest" option that could heal some HP?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: December 18, 2012, 01:39:29 pm »

((For those of us with no heal abilities, is there a non-combat "rest" option that could heal some HP?))

((Technically yes as the party healed/rested overnight before this dungeon. But I would not advocate it at the moment.))

He'd have to be careful.  And the best way to do that was to be prepared.  He knew what that meant...[/i]

Loot Search the corpses for information and things they're no longer using.

Crank certainly can't carry all of their possessions at once, but he finds the following:

Robes of Imprisonment x3
Green Rupees x30
Odd-looking harp x1
Worn Iron Dagger x3
Bloodied note x1

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: December 18, 2012, 01:42:20 pm »

A note... clearly a clue he needed.

Loot the note, harp, Rupees, and dagger.  Read the note.

((What are the encumbrance rules?  If the above is too much, forget the dagger.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: December 18, 2012, 01:59:56 pm »

Bradley places his triangle in the final slot.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: December 18, 2012, 02:03:21 pm »

A note... clearly a clue he needed.

Loot the note, harp, Rupees, and dagger.  Read the note.

((What are the encumbrance rules?  If the above is too much, forget the dagger.))

((Nothing specific, it's just unlikely Crank could carry three robes each larger than himself. If you're carrying a silly amount of stuff I may roll for CON saves.))

Crank reads the note. The handwriting in the first part is even more messy than the bloody second part.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Afterward, he loots a bunch of stuff from the bodies.

Spoiler: Crank (Toaster) (click to show/hide)

Fakeedit: FU- Bradley's turn later.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: December 18, 2012, 02:10:33 pm »

((Yeah, looting the robes would be abusing GM goodwill- especially for a guy with no arms.))

Another clue, but certainly an obscure one that left many questions.  Was the Queen the note was address to the same queen as the harp?  Who is Xen?  What tower- this one?  What significance does this Triforce thing hold?  Where is Hyrule?  More details would likely be inside, but he'd have to watch his step.

: "City, I must find your secrets and lost treasures..."

Onward!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 18, 2012, 03:06:52 pm »

Bradley places his triangle in the final slot.

Bradley shoves the triangle in the final slot, and a rumbling is heard. Light shoots out from the three triangular stones.

Zach and Dirk watch as light shoots out from the three runes across the hallway. The large stone on the ceiling rumbles and splits into a few smaller stones which fall on the floor below. The hallway is now completely lit, and a "CLICK" sound is heard.

: "Ya did it! Now go, finish yer adventure, I'll watch these lights fer a bit then go back to sleep.

The Sun gives us light
Beaming across the moon

: "City, I must find your secrets and lost treasures..."

Onward!

Crank can sort of make out an entrance to the castle up ahead, but it looks like the bridge has take some damage.

Looks like Crank may be about to take some, too.

: "Hye-ha-ha! You think you can just stroll into my domain and take all that I worked for? You're a nitwit! A thief! When you look down on your shadow in the sun, I look back up at you!"

Spoiler: Initiative roll (click to show/hide)

The shade moves forward but makes no other action.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 03:09:22 pm by freeformschooler »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: December 18, 2012, 03:09:54 pm »

Another of those blasted things.  It was, at least, alone.  Take no chances, though.

: "Who are you?  What is this place?"

Not like he expected a response...

Abjuration sphere!  Take one step north.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: December 18, 2012, 03:26:34 pm »

Another of those blasted things.  It was, at least, alone.  Take no chances, though.

: "Who are you?  What is this place?"

Not like he expected a response...

Abjuration sphere!  Take one step north.

: "For now, a mere shade. But your world is closing in on mine. Soon, I will rule this land once again!"

Crank expends six of his remaining MP to cast an Abjuration Sphere, but ... most of his foe's shots go wide regardless. One is reflected back at the shade, weakening it.

: "Trickery! You remind me of a certain girl I once knew!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: December 18, 2012, 03:34:15 pm »

((I didn't know if those were magic attacks or not, which is why I didn't use it first round.  Good thing I did here- more useful than I thought.)

: "What is your world?  Who is that girl?"

Keep him talking...

Arcane Blades him!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: December 18, 2012, 03:47:58 pm »

: "What is your world?  Who is that girl?"

Arcane Blades him!

: "My world is nothing yet everything. The creeping darkness between time and space, holding it all together, and I am its god."

... Crank casts Arcane Blades again, this time striking the foe. Its shadowy torso begins to dissipate, but it isn't completely gone.

... The shade slices with its blood red double blade, but its strike is weakened. Crank takes two points of damage.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: December 18, 2012, 03:48:06 pm »

Try a magical experiment at the door to the south, it that doesn't work, go back into the room filled with water, and try to dive down to the sparkles.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: December 18, 2012, 04:06:20 pm »

: "You better get back to your world, then- this one is for the living!"

Two left, then Arcane Blades to finish him off.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: December 18, 2012, 04:18:57 pm »

-- darn server errors --
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 04:33:40 pm by freeformschooler »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: December 18, 2012, 04:19:41 pm »