Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220605 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: Trouble in Triforce Town
« Reply #1590 on: December 17, 2012, 10:06:16 pm »

((Yup, you're a bit outmatched here, having two of those things gang up on you at once with that massive debuff. Hard luck on repeatedly missing those guys though.))

"I see... Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for your tools then."

Seeing his chance for more information, Zachary decides to have a closer look at this creature.

Use Inspection on the strange creature, then head through the nearby door that I haven't been through.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: December 18, 2012, 12:26:27 am »

((Yup, you're a bit outmatched here, having two of those things gang up on you at once with that massive debuff. Hard luck on repeatedly missing those guys though.))

((They aren't even supposed to be that strong aside from █████, the dice just tipped in their favor I guess.))

"I see... Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for your tools then."

Use Inspection on the strange creature, then head through the nearby door that I haven't been through.

Zachary closes his eyes and focuses on his mental image of the Moon Cleft. ... He feels information rushing to him, but some seems out of reach.

Spoiler: Moon Guardian (NPC) (click to show/hide)

... Zachary tries to go through the large northern door, but it won't open.

: "OH YE! I forget to mention. When summa these things don't work it makes others stop workin. Like a buncha barriers. That's one reason I needa last two triangley thingies."

Jet Boost due north and get the hell out of Dodge.

Crank hoped there were no rocks under that water, because he was about to take a swim.

... Crank's escape plan is a resounding success at the cost of a mere 2 MP. He nearly hits the rocky floor many feet under the water. Apparently, the towers extend all the way down here, or maybe even further given how the stone-hewn base is dug into the ground in front of him.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:31:08 am by freeformschooler »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: December 18, 2012, 12:34:57 am »

Now his shoes would squelch for hours.  Ugh.  Beats dying, at least.

What were these stones, here?  Something was loose at the bottom of the water...

Investigate the objects east of me.  Loot if possible.  Afterwards, swim up if I can swim, walk uphill if I can't.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: December 18, 2012, 01:01:45 am »

Investigate the objects east of me.  Loot if possible.  Afterwards, swim up if I can swim, walk uphill if I can't.

... Crank investigates the objects to the east of them. They seem to be some kind of translucent green gemstones, shaded blue by the dark water. He grabs them up and quickly stuffs them in his inventory.

... His attempts to swim or otherwise move upward are met with failure, though. His movement is still restricted! However, after a moment of struggling, he feels a weight lifted from his shoulders.

Spoiler: Crank (Toaster) (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: December 18, 2012, 01:05:31 am »

Swim up or walk up to the north, again.  Let's get on solid ground.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: December 18, 2012, 01:21:59 am »

Joe: Drag Bradley over to the Moon Guardian. Hand Moon Guardian the one stone you already have.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: December 18, 2012, 08:09:06 am »

Ochita: Ask the sun what it needs to shine
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: December 18, 2012, 11:17:08 am »

Joe: Drag Bradley over to the Moon Guardian. Hand Moon Guardian the one stone you already have.

... Joe successfully drags Bradley over to the Moon Guardian in the next room and hands him the stone.

: "AwRIGHT! There'sa second one! Now just need one more an we can light this place up!"

Swim up or walk up to the north, again.  Let's get on solid ground.

... Crank swims to the top with ease and manages to luckily float up in front of some kind of rocky, cracked bridge. It seems to lead back toward one of the towers. Alternately, he could swim east or west, but to the north a large stone cliff prevents further movement.

Ochita: Ask the sun what it needs to shine

: "Shining... hard... as POSSIBLE! Need... living... plants!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: December 18, 2012, 11:53:26 am »

Once more, with feeling.

Hop up on the bridge and warily approach the tower.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: December 18, 2012, 12:05:31 pm »

Go South
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: December 18, 2012, 12:19:16 pm »

Once more, with feeling.

Hop up on the bridge and warily approach the tower.

...Oh my. Several robed figures lie on the ground, all but their mouths covered in red and black. Their blood isn't fresh - in fact, it's very dry.

Go South

... The south door won't open no matter what Ochita tries. It's either magically sealed or rusted shut.

Spoiler: GM note (click to show/hide)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: December 18, 2012, 12:46:04 pm »

((Stupid is what I am. Stupid and forgetful.))
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: December 18, 2012, 01:01:35 pm »

((Stupid is what I am. Stupid and forgetful.))

((Dude you gotta stop beating yourself up. There's no pressure, and even if you don't post for three weeks it would be better than how long I've left this game without saying anything. My apologies if anyone loses track of where they are or what's happening with the real time updates though, let me know if anyone needs a recap.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: December 18, 2012, 01:05:05 pm »

((Hey, it's almost Christmas, having your mind be distracted by other things is almost expected at this time of year!))

"I see! Right, it seems like we need these triangle things to open this door here and possibly other doors elsewhere. I'll go get that other piece and be right back."

Head into the pipe and if it takes me back upstairs, grab the last triangle bit and head back down and give it to the guardian.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: December 18, 2012, 01:11:37 pm »

"I see! Right, it seems like we need these triangle things to open this door here and possibly other doors elsewhere. I'll go get that other piece and be right back."

Head into the pipe and if it takes me back upstairs, grab the last triangle bit and head back down and give it to the guardian.

Hey, they're all gone!
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 122