Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220657 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 72: Flash of Discovery
« Reply #1500 on: November 23, 2012, 10:32:25 pm »

((Holy balls, that's awesome! You're definately getting better at this, well done!))

Go check out that shop. Maybe they have something in stock that could shed some light on our situation, maybe literally.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: November 23, 2012, 10:36:51 pm »

((The music really set the mood for it.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: November 23, 2012, 10:58:12 pm »

((HRNRHRGH I forgot Ochita's turn! I'll edit that in real quick.

Also, thank you for the praise. I really put a lot of effort into this one - there's lots of tiny things like Zachary's direction changing based on where you entered from :))))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: November 23, 2012, 10:59:35 pm »

Oomph hurried into the adjoining room, ready to club something to component parts, but it was only the silly ghost.

After some discussion, it was clear that the rune had absorbed the energy of the magic spell. Which was, obviously, the way to solve the puzzle...

"Oomph thinks Ghosty should try cold magic. If Moon is opposite of Sun, then Coldness is opposite of hotness!" He proclaimed, blowing all his logic in one feat of intuitive deduction.

Oomph felt himself in an oddly hurried mood (Almost as if the Author was conspiring with another to remove him or something) So he felt he should solve this before he was put on a cloud bus.

Action: Try casting healing magic at the rune, then hit it with my club. Or just disappear, whatever works!

((OOC: Huh, still around!
Btw, I think Ice might be the key. If Moon=Ice Element. Bradely, make it cold?

O_o))
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:23:46 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: November 24, 2012, 12:27:05 am »

Bradley followed Oomph's advice, of course. The Koopa hadn't steered him wrong yet.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: November 24, 2012, 10:40:20 pm »

"Well then Fuzz, I guess I can't make you tell me what you don't want to tell. I gueesss I'll go into that pipe, did 'he' go into that pipe?"

Shadow Ochita: Swim to the pipe.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: November 25, 2012, 12:22:35 am »

((Dude, amazing work on the update. Fantastic, seriously. And I am totally not sucking up after realizing I fell asleep before posting last night. Totally.))

Dirk cries out in terror. He is a cabbage salesman, he was not made for the dealings of water blubbing thingies and powerful bolts of lightning. Curled up in the floor, he barely manages to ask

"I really need people to explain this place to me. What are you, magical water man? And what is a moonrock?"
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 73: Worry far too much.
« Reply #1507 on: November 25, 2012, 05:24:40 pm »

Turn 73!
Weather: Indoors
Time: Late morning
Light: Some

Joe: Yell up the pipe for some moon rock or something.

... Joe yells up the pipe for some moon rock or something. OR DOES HE? You just never know with ambiguously silent protagonists.

Go check out that shop. Maybe they have something in stock that could shed some light on our situation, maybe literally.

Zach heads back around to the mysterious shop and enters it.

: "WELCOME, CUSTOMER! I am your host, SHOP GUY! I assume you're here to barter, hm? Hm?

The grey-hued Shop Guy stands behind a counter in a small room with items lined up on racks attached to the back wall.

: "Now before I introduce my fine wares, I should tell you how Shop Guy's Shop works, hm, hm? I do not deal in money - not valuable! Instead, items exchanged for SHOP POINTS. Mundane items, 1-3 points. Magicky or rare items, WHO KNOWS, hm? Shop points exchanged for valuable wares. Now, I'm sure you want to see my stock, hm?"

: "First up, top left: LEGAL TENDER! Maybe illegal tender, too. Who knows with tender, hm? Leftmost item, 100 simple Mushroom coins. Middle, green jewely thing, no idea where from! Rightmost, bag of ONE THOUSAND COINS! Note: every purchase of five SHOP POINTS gives you a free SHOP GUY RAFFLE TICKET, hmmm?"

: "Bottom left, my DELICIOUS POTIONS! Left to right, Health Potion, Magic Potion, Both Potion! Interested, hm? HMM? Right, oh: paper on bottoms shows how many Shop Points to purchase."

: "Up-right, fancy equipment things! Left is weapon type of your choice, middle is armor type of your choice. No quality nor satisfaction guarenteed! No refunds, hm! Oh, rightmost: MAGICAL IMBUEMENT! Very nice, very fancy. Put my slaves er underlings right to work, hm hm?"

: "Bottom right: best for last! These are coveted special Shop Guy items, hm, hm? Left is GRAB BAG. Who knows what you'll get? Maybe nothing, maybe something! Middle: SHOP GUY CARD! Use to call Shop Guy Shop anywhere you go as long as not dangerous, hm? Finally, right: more SHOP GUY RAFFLE TICKETS! Prize awarded if won next time Shop Guy Shop is entered. More raffle tickets means more chances! Note: can decline to use raffle tickets, save them up! Good idea, hm?"

: "Oh right: current raffle is INCREDIBLY FANCY TIMEY WIMEY STEEL SWORD! Found in washed up temple. Possibly great power, but who knows?"

"Well then Fuzz, I guess I can't make you tell me what you don't want to tell. I gueesss I'll go into that pipe, did 'he' go into that pipe?"

Shadow Ochita: Swim to the pipe.

: "I-I DON'T KNOW I WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION! PLEASE DONT PUNISH ME COUNSELOR PRINCESS MR TOAD"

... Ochita heads for the pipe on the other corner of the room, but immediately finds that swimming in this form is unwieldy. He starts to sink to the bottom, not because of weight but because he lacks the buoyancy of a corporeal object.

As he sinks, he notices a faint light at the bottom of the pool of water, about twelve feet down. He also notices his shadow form is about to run out. In an effort to regain buoyancy, he expends his last LIMIT POINT to morph back!

... Luckily, his fast-thinking allows him to regain floatation before falling to far, and he easily floats back to the top of the pool.

Dirk cries out in terror. He is a cabbage salesman, he was not made for the dealings of water blubbing thingies and powerful bolts of lightning. Curled up in the floor, he barely manages to ask

"I really need people to explain this place to me. What are you, magical water man? And what is a moonrock?"

... The Nep-enut bends downward toward Dirk.

"MANY YEARS RESTING IN WATER. BLUBLUBUT SOMETIMES WATER STOPS, VISITORS ENTER. MAYBE SET UP LIKE THIS. MAYBE PART OF PUZZLE. ONLY KNOW NEED MOONROCK TO MOVE WATER. NOT KNOW WHY."

Bradley followed Oomph's advice, of course. The Koopa hadn't steered him wrong yet.
"Oomph thinks Ghosty should try cold magic. If Moon is opposite of Sun, then Coldness is opposite of hotness!" He proclaimed, blowing all his logic in one feat of intuitive deduction.
Action: Try casting healing magic at the rune, then hit it with my club. Or just disappear, whatever works!

... Oomph attempts to cast HEALING MAGICK on the center glyph, but it fizzles out. Deja vu. Little sparkles surround his eyes but he regains focus and proceeds to whap the same glyph with his club. ... A loud "THUNK" is heard both where Oomph stands and below near Joe and Dirk, but nothing happens otherwise.

... Meanwhile, Bradley takes Oomph's advice and casts a great burst of ice magic on the center rune. It absorbs the magic once again.

Joe and Dirk see a burst of slowflakes and tiny ice crystals fly out of the eastern room across the bridge. After a moment, they disappear.

DOUBLE MEANWHILE COMBO: While waiting for something else to happen, a green swirly TIME PORTAL appears behind Oomph and Bradley.

Out of the portal zooms a green-shelled Koopa on a GRAND PRIX MOTORCYCLE. But wait: Oomph recognizes the new Koopa friend as none other than Oomph!

The portal disappears, and the bespectacled Oomph clone de-bikes.

: "Past Oomph! It's me, Future Oomph from Oomph Future! Timey wobbly problems happening everywhere, and is up to Present Oomph who is Future Oomphs Past Oomph to fix them!"

: "Oomph like Future Oomphs bike!"

: "Won in Mario Kart Grand Prix! In fact, won seven times, so have seven Future Oomph time bikes!"

: "But why Future Oomph wear cool green glasses? Get in way of eyes!"

: "Speak for self. Present but Past at same time Oomph wearing huge helmet Author not be drawing." Future Oomph pushes his glasses up a little, but they fall back down. "Future Goggles called Everything Goggles. Helping Future Oomph by doing everything yet nothing! Very expensive but worthless."

: "Future sounds confusing and full of false adventising. Can Oomph be having Future Worthless Glasses of own anyway?"

: "Past Present Oomph getting ahead of self. Must fix time problems first! Lots of Alternate Time Oomphs need to be saved to die and somehow later help Past Present Main Timeline Oomph. Friar Oomphmore, Omph the Legendary, even King Oomph the Almost Wise!"

: "U-u-u-um-"

: "Don't be worry, Whimpy Past Bradely. Existing many Future and Other Bradelys to accompany Future and Alternate Oomphs."

: "B-b-but-"

: "Would be very bad if Past Present Bradely follows Past Present Oomph though. Too many parrydoxes! Needed to solve puzzles and help other funny smelling Past Present Heroes."

: "B-b-b-"

: "Also, Past Present Whimpy Ghost might slowing Future Oomph down. Time Bike much faster than floaty ghost floating."

: "L-L-LET ME SPEAK!"

:

:

: "D-d-does this mean you're g-going away, O-Oomph? J-j-just like that? F-f-for h-how long? A-are you coming back? B-b..."

: "Aww, Bradely be worrying about old Present Oomph! Er, Oomph! Do not fret, small Bradely. Oomph know some things about wibbly wimey time travel, and should be having many adventures while gone. But from Bradelys perspective, not long at all!"

: "Past Present Oomph smart! Will be back before dinner. Unless both Future and Past Present Oomph BECOME DINNER. But Future Oomph try not to let that happen."

: "B-but... but you're my b-b-best f-f-friend. W-what will I do without you? W-who will knock me w-with a c-club when I w-w-worry too much?"

: "Small Bradley is right."

: "H-huh?"

"Worry far too much."

Oomph has left the party.

Spoiler: Zachary (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadow Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dirk (CJ1145) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 01:39:04 pm by freeformschooler »

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 73: Worry far too much.
« Reply #1508 on: November 25, 2012, 05:30:58 pm »

Joe: Well, there is a notable lack of moonrock in your general vicinity, so.... ACROSS THE BRIDGE!
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: November 25, 2012, 05:51:45 pm »

Shadow Ochita could feel himself slipping down, the violent thrashing of his form doing nothing. Realising that the shadows were fleeting, maybe now was a good time to..

"Let go."

Releasing the last of whatever had been keeping his transformation, he reverted back to normal, and begun to rise back up to the surface, long hair floating on the surface. Giving a thumbs up to Fuzz, he does what he intended at the start.

Swim to the pipe.

Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: November 25, 2012, 06:21:07 pm »

Bradley: Be morose.

(Seriously, that was kind of sad. :-\)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: November 25, 2012, 06:59:32 pm »

((Yeah :-\ I'm pretty sad about it and Dwarmin's leave in general so I guess that comes out in the writing. I also wanted to be kinda uplifting/heartwarming though, and fitting too.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: November 25, 2012, 07:39:18 pm »

Oomph disengaged from Oomphhug and hopped on the back of the time bike. His future self gave him a look.

"Honestly, Bradely make Past Present Oomph all mushy with all his cute-fang ghosty friendiness. Don't look at self or I or you am or are that way you have or are! He be fine until Oomphs get back to club him enemies again.

...Anyway is, where to be going first or last, Future Present Oomph? Also, how drive bike without Road? Room is very small for going fast!"

"Where Oomphs goings, Oomphs don't need roads!

...though Oomphs will need Hammer Girls for before-saving-the-future-party...best part, can keep before saving the future partying over and over since, duh, timebike!

Goronamario!"
He said, gunning it and flying back into the portal.

*ZZZZAP-POW*

((And it was all well appreciated FFS :) Heres to until I return! ))
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 07:45:27 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: November 25, 2012, 08:00:22 pm »

"I... I'm gonna miss you, Oomph," Bradley said to the closing portal, then sighed to himself and slowly sunk to ground level.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: November 25, 2012, 09:50:16 pm »

"I am afriad that I am running a little low of things to barter with... I'll be back when I've found something to trade with!"

Waving goodbye to shop guy, Zach left the store and walked back over to where he left Bradley, noting a distinct lack of a certain koopa.

"I'm back Bradley. I've found a shop, of all things, but other than that I've got nothing really that helps with those glyphs. Hopefully you've been having more luck.

... Where's Oomph? Don't tell me he wondered off by himself somewhere..."
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 122