Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220715 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 67: Lingering darkness
« Reply #1395 on: October 08, 2012, 01:45:47 pm »

Zachary jerked back in surprise from the question, then his eyes narrowed.

"You're speaking of the Neverwas, aren't you?"

He was silent for a moment before speaking.

"They are called Shapees, named after the traditional shapes that their bodies form."

: "Good guess! I have no idea what that is though."

: "Think about it: as a traveler, you have at most heard of three kingdoms while out here near the border area. Mushroom, Beanbean, and what else? Your kind has conquered all but the last two. What civilization would be so frightened of you - so motivated to protect their own kind - that they would hide underground? What race would hide well enough that only some Humans would know of them, and none would know where they reside?"

Momentarily, Zach and Guy Quizno are warped back to the grassy cliffside.

: "Well, you've won! And you've gained your choice of artifact. My top team of Goomba alchemists will have it ready in a jiffy. Just fill out the form and wait a few moments."

Artifact type: (Weapon, armor, consumable, something else)
Artifact effect: (Damaging, defending, assisting)
Artifact theme: (Flame, divinity, speed - be creative!)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: October 08, 2012, 02:30:15 pm »

"Darn. Who could've guessed bullets would be so fast?"

There must be some way to open that chest without getting close. Dirk nocked another arrow and drew it back before realizing something.

"Where... did I get this bow..?"

That isn't important! Angle a shot with the arrow so that it hits the top of the chest with enough force to swing it open!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: October 08, 2012, 02:47:58 pm »

Shadow Ochita laughed, a joyous laughter laced with touchings of insanity.

"Aheheh.. Lets have some fun with these toys!"

Smiling slightly, Shaodw Ochita concentrated, and with a click of his fingers, he Travels though the cracks.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: October 08, 2012, 04:55:04 pm »

Joe: Stop trying to be the tank. Run like hell.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: October 08, 2012, 09:34:10 pm »

Zach nodded and filled out the form:

Type: Armor
Effect: Assisting
Theme: Existance

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: October 08, 2012, 09:50:49 pm »

Okay I gotta get to bed, but a preview of tomorrow's turn (contains spoilers!):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: October 08, 2012, 10:47:45 pm »

Oh, if I only had a gif maker...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: October 09, 2012, 01:35:45 am »

((For some reason I read that as "Oh, if I only had a gf maker..." :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 09, 2012, 10:51:28 am »

Oh yeah, I was gonna say: since I'm still getting my feet wet here, for the next few battles I'd like to try a view variants of that combat system if the players are up for it. Just to see what works best and such :) My ideas are:

-Side view (like what's in the OP, but a little more free-form - think Paper Mario)
-Zone-based (like Acos)
-Top down but without the combat grid and relying more on rolls than ranges

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 68: SURPRISE!
« Reply #1404 on: October 09, 2012, 07:15:36 pm »

Turn 68!
Weather: Dank
Time: A couple weeks
Light: Wall torches

Type: Armor
Effect: Assisting
Theme: Existance

Zach fills out the form and hands it back. After waiting a minute or two, some a pipe pops out from the grass, spits something onto Guy Quizno's desk and retreats back into the ground. The host hands them to Zachary.

: "Catena Aevitas, gloves of dimensional stability. Hope you had fun with our QUIZ SHOOOW, visitor! See you around."

And with that, Guy Quizno and his desk spin around a few times then disappear.

Joe: Stop trying to be the tank. Run like hell.
"Darn. Who could've guessed bullets would be so fast?"

There must be some way to open that chest without getting close. Dirk nocked another arrow and drew it back before realizing something.

"Where... did I get this bow..?"

That isn't important! Angle a shot with the arrow so that it hits the top of the chest with enough force to swing it open!
Shadow Ochita laughed, a joyous laughter laced with touchings of insanity.

"Aheheh.. Let's have some fun with these toys!"

Smiling slightly, Shadow Ochita concentrated, and with a click of his fingers, he Travels though the cracks.
Oomph decided to give cover to his Ghost-bro as he swooped in to get the chest.

"Protege whimpus spiritum! Da ei fortis defensionem! Butcher latinam gaudio!" He intoned

Action: Castis Protectus on the Whimpus Spiritum (Bradely)
(What the hell, DH? :-\ Also, @Zako: if it isn't paper, then I don't have a clue.)

Bradley attempted to swoop down and get whatever was in the chest before retreating back to the ceiling. Also he fourth-walled and locked his initiative behind Oomph's and Dirk's.

((HOW CAN YOU LOCK YOUR INITIATIVE

WHEN THERE IS NO INITIATIVE TO LOCK??))

... Oomph casts Protectus Whimpus Spiritus on Bradley, but his little ghost buddy takes off before the Koopa can properly target his spell. No MP is consumed, but Oomph feels a little dizzy from casting all this magick.

... Bradley floats ever so carefully over to the chest as an arrow from Dirk whizzes by and ... totally misses its target, striking the wall near the cannons and causing a couple extra bullet bills to be launched! Luckily, Bradley manages to dodge, but Oomph is knocked back for a measly TWO DAMAGE by one of the bullets.

... Joe decides he's done with this deathtrap and starts running like crazy. He's a bit slow, but he manages to evade any oncoming angry bullets. ...Meanwhile, Ochita silently disappears near the group, staring intently at one of the cannons.

After all the commotion, Bradley uncovers his eyes and looks down toward the chest. A tiny gold plate indicates where the top is. He reaches down for it, and...

A shadowy ghast swaps places with the treasure inside, causing the chest to explode! Oh wait, it's just Ochita.

Luckily, the treasure isn't destroyed but merely moved to Ochita's original location: near Oomph, Dirk and Joe. They look down at the treasure to see that it's a red key with an M-shaped tip and a note beside it.

Spoiler: Zachary (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadow Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOMPH (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dirk (CJ1145) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:33:54 am by freeformschooler »

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 68: SURPRISE!
« Reply #1405 on: October 09, 2012, 08:20:46 pm »

Joe: Boggle vacantly at shenanigans letter. Then let someone else figure it out and go explorin'.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: October 09, 2012, 08:35:33 pm »

"Be coming back now Bradely!" Oomph said, whirling around a bit. Oomph magic hard!

Action: Try to cast shield on Bradely again as he and I retreat from the cannon blasts. Stay in between the cannons again!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: October 09, 2012, 08:47:37 pm »

Bradley, terrified beyond all belief by the jump scare/springloaded Ochita, retreated straight for the 'To Cliffside' door and attempted to open it and pass through it while screaming like his life was in danger. Technically it was due to the Bullet Bills, but nevertheless.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: October 09, 2012, 09:14:32 pm »

Zachary inspected his new artefact closely, looking at the runes and running his hands over the pair of gloves. Without a second thought he slipped them on, hoping for the best.

Equip my new gloves and go find the group again. Maybe through that big door they went through?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: October 09, 2012, 10:49:02 pm »

Dirk leaned in and carefully observed the note, reading every note with rapt attention. "Mm-hmm, yes, I see... very interesting."

He looked at the others and with a confident smile said, "I have no idea what any of this means."

The next Bullet Bill to fire reminds him he should probably get to safety. What's that thing to the north? Is that a door? Looks like one. Well, better take this key if nobody else does, and check out that door.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 122