Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220763 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 62.1: Zelda time
« Reply #1305 on: September 29, 2012, 10:46:39 pm »

Oomph pointed to himself.

"This is Oomphs Am Winning Face. Because he Am Winning!"

Action: Cross North and hit the save block

(Seriously D, should Bradley know anything about it? He's your manager there, right?)

((I'd say it's up to you. Your career as Kart Manager may be far in the future or in an alternate universe :P That said, I'd think most Nintendo characters have only a vague understanding of 'other worlds' with crossover being generally rare.

Also, backstory for above :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: September 29, 2012, 11:21:32 pm »

(...I'mma kill Luigi. >.<)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: September 29, 2012, 11:25:08 pm »

((Poor Weegee... It's not like he has ENOUGH problems already...))

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: September 29, 2012, 11:27:15 pm »

((Wait, what did Luigi do except foreshadow this crossover months ahead?))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: September 29, 2012, 11:29:11 pm »

(Hey, it's him or Bradley and as I'm the player of the Boo, the plumber's gotta go. :P
@Ninja FFS: I read the linked post and as far as I'm concerned there's only one ghost-vacuumer in the Mushroom Kingdom. I'm not counting the doctor who invented the device, of course, since he didn't use it during the game.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 42: Shadow Castle
« Reply #1310 on: September 30, 2012, 10:06:04 am »

Theros hasn't posted in 6 days but is on Steam every day.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: September 30, 2012, 04:54:33 pm »

Theros hasn't posted in 6 days but is on Steam every day.

That's because Steam can be used for silly idle things, and it beeps at me if someone tries to talk to me. :P

Also, your image is broken.

Joe: Observe new guy warily. There's no way he's not a trap.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: September 30, 2012, 05:04:49 pm »

(Oh wow, img.ie is down. I've had a lot of past pictures hosted on there so I hope it's temporary.[/url])

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: September 30, 2012, 05:12:59 pm »

"Well, whoever you are, it's not safe around here. You should stick with us until you get to a town or something, where it's safe. You could probably ask the people there for help too."

"Uh, that sounds OK I gu--WAIT."

Dirk's eyes went wide as if he'd just finished processing information. He looked at Bradley intently, and after a few moments, with great caution, said "You're a ghost! And I'm pretty sure the Hyrule Kingdom is from a--a book or something. Where the heck AM I?"

This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: September 30, 2012, 05:29:06 pm »

Bradley made the freaking-out face upon being addressed by the stranger, but calmed down after a few seconds. "Er, y-yes, I'm a g-g-ghost... k-kinda. I'm Bradley! And, um... that's Oomph, Z-Zach, Ochita, and, um, J-Joe, over there," he said, pointing a stubby arm at each as he said their name.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 63: Now with more pixels
« Reply #1315 on: September 30, 2012, 11:44:15 pm »

Turn 63!
Weather: Is it ever not sunny outside a ghost resort?
Time: About a quarter past plot twists
Light: Eeeyup

"Well, whoever you are, it's not safe around here. You should stick with us until you get to a town or something, where it's safe. You could probably ask the people there for help too."

"Uh, that sounds OK I gu--WAIT."

Dirk's eyes went wide as if he'd just finished processing information. He looked at Bradley intently, and after a few moments, with great caution, said "You're a ghost! And I'm pretty sure the Hyrule Kingdom is from a--a book or something. Where the heck AM I?"
Joe: Observe new guy warily. There's no way he's not a trap.
Seeing that the others still needed to cross, Ochita decided to search again, this time for hidden blocks.
(+1 to FZ's comment. That picture is quite good.)

Bradley was confused. Hyrule kingdom? He'd never heard of such a place! Unless he had while at the kart tracks, but if so, he couldn't remember it at the moment. (Seriously D, should Bradley know anything about it? He's your manager there, right?) "It, it's, um... kind of p-pretty, so... you should k-keep it. M-maybe you can g-give it t-t-to someone, or, sell it maybe?" he suggested to Ochita. Since everyone else was still lollygagging on the other side, Bradley floated up to look on top of the save block for hidden treats.

EDIT in response to FFS post a few down: Bradley then attempted to open the earthen door.
Bump the save block and head north.
Quote from: Dwarmin
"This is Oomphs Am Winning Face. Because he Am Winning!"

Action: Cross North and hit the save block

((Not updating the overhead map for two tiny changes. I've put in enough work mapping for this turn already.))

... Oomph and Zachary both head over to the other side of the ledge and pop the save block from beneath with their gloved fists. Feels good to be healed up again. Oomph felt ready to cast more spells.

... Joe eyes the new guy suspiciously as he blabbers on innocently about ghosts and banana peels. He just has to be a trap. Maybe bait. Maybe it's to lower their guard. Whatever it is, Joe knows he's not a good sign.

... Bradley and Ochita both look arounded around for treats or hidden blocks. Unfortunately, there's none left in the area to be found. Lucky they'd decided to search, though. Who knows how valuable this old green gem is?

Bradley floats over to the rubble-like door and begins pushing it open. Although it's quite a bit larger than him, it swings open when he applies a little force. He heads inside to find...

...a very natural-looking tunnel area filled with bricks!

Spoiler: Zachary (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOMPH (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dirk (CJ1145) (click to show/hide)

Sorry if the image is too large for anyone's monitors. Future ones likely won't be.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 63: Now with more pixels
« Reply #1316 on: September 30, 2012, 11:48:22 pm »

ZOMG PIXELS!

Head north and check out what's there.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: September 30, 2012, 11:56:04 pm »

Oomph went over to where the wimpy ghost had wandered off to.

"Wimpy Ghost? Where are youuu?" Oomph echoed into the cave.

Action: Follow Bradely into the Pixel Zone
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: October 01, 2012, 12:17:03 am »

Oh yeah, and credit to Shook here for all his help. He really is a master spriteworker and I appreciated his advice.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:41:40 am by freeformschooler »

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: October 01, 2012, 01:13:11 am »

Joe: Cautiously punch save block, then follow the new guy. Attempt to make your suspicions of him less obvious. Fail miserably.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 122