Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220782 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 61.1: Mini-turns!
« Reply #1290 on: September 27, 2012, 12:49:49 pm »

Dirk replies "I'm Dirk, and... and I don't know. There was a banana peel and a toilet and... it's all very hazy."

Oomph nodded at the strangers plight.

"Oomph have nights like that all time. Eat one Smiley-Face Purple Mushroom with Hammer girl, and wake up in Sand World 5-4 with shell missing, being chased by Angry Suns, Mousers on Karts, and Pokey Desert Wigglers.

Ain't life grands?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: September 27, 2012, 01:14:03 pm »

Bradley... paled?... when Oomph mentioned the Angry Sun. "NOOOOOO!!!" And with that horrible memory resurfacing, he hastened to find a hiding place. No wonder Boos only went out at night.

(More seriously, the sun was a pain in the ass, but even as a kid I didn't think he was scary. I thought his angry face was hysterical. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: September 27, 2012, 01:16:23 pm »

Ochita managed to get the full blast of bradleys NOOOOOOO right into the ear, and for that once second that everything he heard was pain, he stumbled after Bradley, intent on calming him down.

"Bradley, wait! ughh, my ears.."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 62: Heroes stub their toes too
« Reply #1293 on: September 28, 2012, 04:48:38 pm »

NO EXP ROLLOVER, TOO BAD

Turn 62
Weather: Sunny!
Time: Early morning
Light: Enough

Ochita managed to get the full blast of bradleys NOOOOOOO right into the ear, and for that once second that everything he heard was pain, he stumbled after Bradley, intent on calming him down.

"Bradley, wait! ughh, my ears.."
Bradley floated north and looked for a place to hide somewhere behind Dirk, at least until he knew him better. If the newcomer looked directly at him, Bradley would make this face and retreat even faster.
"Friend help across River? Oomph strong good for crossing rivers!"

Action: Help Dirk across the river if he needs it!
"Stay there for a second, I'll be right back."

Go grab that table and use it as a bridge to get across this gap. Search that room for loot while I'm there too.
Dirk replies "I'm Dirk, and... and I don't know. There was a banana peel and a toilet and... it's all very hazy."

Action: Accept help across river. Try not to drown.
Quote from: Joe
DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Bradley takes off towards the other and hides behind Dirk. Ochita, momentarily forgetting about the size of the gap, attempts to jump it. ... He successfully hops over to the other ledge, his feet coming within inches of missing the grass.

Meanwhile, Zach begins to heave the table from the writing room towards towards the ledge. ... He starts the table towards the sunny outdoors, but the work is slow.

Joe does nothing.

... After working at it for a little bit, Zach's attempt at moving the table outside comes to a dead halt when he takes a moment to rest but ends up dropping one of the table legs on his toe. Youch!

Oomph prepares to help Dirk across anyway. ... He stands on the very edge of the cliff and extends his arm. Dirk is just barely able to reach it and, with Oomph's help, makes it across to the other ledge.

Bradley and Ochita discover a very large, rubble-like door and a SAVE BLOCK beyond where Dirk was.

Spoiler: Zachary (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOMPH (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dirk (CJ1145) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 05:18:04 pm by freeformschooler »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 62: Heroes stub their toes too
« Reply #1294 on: September 28, 2012, 05:22:34 pm »

Ochita stumbled as he crossed the gap, and almost fell over onto the grass. Putting his hands on his knees, he sighed, and got a breather. "Br.. Bradley.. Calm down. Nothings here."

Deciding to take a look around, he wondered if there were any hidden blocks, and for a second his curiosity got the better of him, and so he started to Search for hidden items.

princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: September 28, 2012, 05:43:58 pm »

Oomph walked over to Zach with a look of absolute smugness.

"Toes hurt because toes weakness is leaving body.

Strong Oomph Muscles will help Weak Zachary-ack!"

Action: Help Zachary move the table with OOMPH STRONG. Look unbearably smug!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: September 28, 2012, 06:18:59 pm »

Bradley nervously nodded to Ochita, then fistbumped the save block and also looked around for hidden items. Perhaps a fireflower was hidden in the tall grass?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: September 28, 2012, 09:58:05 pm »

"Weakness and all feeling perhaps."

Make a bridge out of that table and rocks to weigh one end down if need be.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 62.1: Zelda Time
« Reply #1298 on: September 29, 2012, 05:20:51 pm »

EVERYONE IS TAKING TOO LONG. Except CJ, he's fine, family tragedy and all that. If he wants me to auto him for now I have no qualms with it.

MINI-TURN: Turn 62.1!
Weather: Sunny!
Time: Early morning
Light: Enough

"Weakness and all feeling perhaps."

Make a bridge out of that table and rocks to weigh one end down if need be.
Bradley nervously nodded to Ochita, then fistbumped the save block and also looked around for hidden items. Perhaps a fireflower was hidden in the tall grass?
Oomph walked over to Zach with a look of absolute smugness.

"Toes hurt because toes weakness is leaving body.

Strong Oomph Muscles will help Weak Zachary-ack!"

Action: Help Zachary move the table with OOMPH STRONG. Look unbearably smug!
Ochita stumbled as he crossed the gap, and almost fell over onto the grass. Putting his hands on his knees, he sighed, and got a breather. "Br.. Bradley.. Calm down. Nothings here."

Deciding to take a look around, he wondered if there were any hidden blocks, and for a second his curiosity got the better of him, and so he started to Search for hidden items.

... Oomph and Zachary manage to move the table over the gap while Oomph wears an impossibly smug face. Luckily, the table is wide enough to act as a bridge between the ledges without needed to weigh it down further.

... On the other ledge, Bradley hit the save block with his tiny Boo fist and was instantly healed. He then searched through the grass for hidden items, but couldn't find anything except for a few small bugs scattered about. ... Ochita searched the grass near Bradley, too, but was more fortuitious. ... He found a valuable...

Green gem thingy? Upon closer inspection, the front of it had a very faded engraving on it:

"HYRULE KINGDOM LEGAL TENDER: 1 RUPEE"

Huh.

Spoiler: Zachary (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOMPH (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dirk (CJ1145) (click to show/hide)

My panel art is still bad.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:45:44 pm by freeformschooler »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 62.1: Zelda Time
« Reply #1299 on: September 29, 2012, 06:16:13 pm »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 62.1: Zelda time
« Reply #1300 on: September 29, 2012, 07:18:21 pm »

(+1 to FZ's comment. That picture is quite good.)

Bradley was confused. Hyrule kingdom? He'd never heard of such a place! Unless he had while at the kart tracks, but if so, he couldn't remember it at the moment. (Seriously D, should Bradley know anything about it? He's your manager there, right?) "It, it's, um... kind of p-pretty, so... you should k-keep it. M-maybe you can g-give it t-t-to someone, or, sell it maybe?" he suggested to Ochita. Since everyone else was still lollygagging on the other side, Bradley floated up to look on top of the save block for hidden treats.

EDIT in response to FFS post a few down: Bradley then attempted to open the earthen door.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:40:16 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: September 29, 2012, 07:45:53 pm »

Ochita was also confused, Hyrule kingdom..? The words seemed to ring a small bell in the back of his mind, but he wasnt sure if he was right or not. "Maybe.. Although it also seems to BE money itself. I think, for the hyrule kingdom. I don't really know that much about it, but I think we're okay on relation terms. Kinda surprising that its here though."

Seeing that the others still needed to cross, Ochita decided to search again, this time for hidden blocks.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: September 29, 2012, 08:42:09 pm »

"M-maybe someone from the Hyrule K-Kingdom passed through here r-r-recently and dropped it?" Bradley suggested as he floated about. "I wonder if we'll run into them..." he muttered to himself.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: September 29, 2012, 09:08:04 pm »

((You could also try, you know, opening the giant earthen door. Or going north. Etc. Sorry if I wasn't clear there, but until I switch over to side-view your surroundings are a bit... unclear.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: September 29, 2012, 10:03:13 pm »

Zach raised an eyebrow at Oomph's face.

"Are you all right? You look like you're backed up or something. I'm sure there's medicine for that around here somewhere."

Shrugging, he turns to Dirk.

"Well, whoever you are, it's not safe around here. You should stick with us until you get to a town or something, where it's safe. You could probably ask the people there for help too."

Bump the save block and head north.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 122