Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220798 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 60: Sick critical, bro! Also questions
« Reply #1260 on: September 24, 2012, 01:29:28 pm »

Directly attack the enemy due north.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: September 24, 2012, 01:43:15 pm »

((I'm curious to the neutral element and it's weaknesses and lack of strengths. Can you explain your choices there please, cause I'm a bit confused since every element has something strong against and something it's weak against, while neutral has no strengths...))

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: September 24, 2012, 01:54:26 pm »

And yet, its only weakness is null, which Im guessing not a lot of things have.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: September 24, 2012, 02:12:58 pm »

((I'm curious to the neutral element and it's weaknesses and lack of strengths. Can you explain your choices there please, cause I'm a bit confused since every element has something strong against and something it's weak against, while neutral has no strengths...))

You guys are on a roll today :-[ I put that backwards compared to how I had it on paper. Since Null is the anti-magic element, it's supposed to be strong versus magic and weak versus Neutral (which is the "Physical" element that everything without an element is defined as).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This should clear it up. Though... it would also make as much sense to have Null not be weak to anything so I'll change that.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 02:16:14 pm by freeformschooler »

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: September 24, 2012, 05:28:24 pm »

JOE: Hit the non-phased Ghastly Guy into the river. Walk on fire if you have to.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 61: Ghastly Ends and Blue Beginnings
« Reply #1265 on: September 24, 2012, 07:07:44 pm »

Turn 61
Weather: Sunny!
Time: Early morning
Light: Enough

As the battle rages on, a mysterious man in blue watches from beyond the far ledge.

A CHALLENGER APPEARS!

Fall back behind Joe for the moment if I don't get healed. If I do, back up Oomph and power strike that left ghast guy.
JOE: Hit the non-phased Ghastly Guy into the river. Walk on fire if you have to.

Zach and Joe prepare to back up Oomph by attacking in unison. Zach bedgrudgingly steps into the flame to reach his foe, taking TWO damage from the fires, but the nearest GHAST GUY surprises him by making that action unnecessary. He quickly hovers over towards Joe and lets rip another painful UMBRAL REND. Joe takes THREE damage!

Joe and Zach both take a good swing with their blades. Zach twirls around, hits nothing and stops just before connecting with Joe. Joe, however, has better luck. He lifts his gargantuan blade back above his head and sends it crashing down towards the GHAST GUY. EIGHT DAMAGE! The ghastly spirit himself looks frightened by Joe's ferocity.

The remaining GHAST GUY hovers comfortably over the water and phases out.

Quote from: Ochita
Directly attack the enemy due north.
Quote from: Serious
Bradley covered his mouth with both hands. "Oh. OH! I, I'm s-s-sorry! Um, um, try not to get burned..."[/abbr] he said, floating over the water to avoid the fire and moving to flank the remaining ghast guy (two spaces north and one west; if still possible, he'll...) and attempting to stab the enemy with his knife.

Bradley and Ochita focus on taking down the hovering GHAST GUY. Bradley merely floats over the water and around the fire to avoid it, but Ochita steps into the flame momentarily to take a swing at the GHAST GUY with his trusty lance. Luckily, Ochita's PROTECTION shields him from damage.

Bradley and Ochita attack in unison, dealing TWO DAMAGE each with their weapons. The GHAST GUY's protection could not save him. He fades into nothing and the party gains 6 EXP.

Oomph finally readies his CURE-ALL I spell, filling Zach, Joe and himself with a comforting green light. They heal THREE, FOUR and FIVE points of damage, respectively. Just when the warmth begins to fade, however, the sound barrier is broken as an arrow zips by at unimaginable speeds. The blue man's LONGSHOT tears straight through the remaining GHAST GUY, dealing four damage and ripping him to shreds.

The battle is won, and the party has gained EIGHTEEN EXP in total, all leveling up except for the blue man who only participated during the last round.

Zachary has LEVELED UP! Choose between...
Quickblade (Any time an adjacent attacker misses you, you attempt an immediate counter-attack with -3 to your attack roll. +2 DEX.)
Inspection I (Gain useful information on one enemy, person, object or other piece of scenery. The usefulness of the information depends on your Measure of Success. Range 5. Major action, no cost. +2 to INT. 0/2 EXP.)
Balance of Magic (A soothing, familiar aura surrounds you. In a time of need, it may grow stronger...)
Double Fireball (You can cast two Fireballs at once, and at different targets if you want! However, the cooldown for Fireball is increased to four turns.)

Ochita has LEVELED UP! Choose between...
Piercing Practice (Gain +2 to all attack rolls with lance- and spear-type weapons. Also gain +2 to DEX.)
Double Fireball (You can cast two Fireballs at once, and at different targets if you want! However, the cooldown for Fireball is increased to five turns when you do this.)
Jousting Lancer (When you use Power Attack with a lance- or spear-type weapon, you can move double your Move stat that turn. +2 to CON and Max HP.)
Magical Experiment (Cast a random Tier I spell on one target up to Range 5 away. Costs 2 MP. +2 to INT.)

Joe has LEVELED UP!  Choose between...
Longstrike (The range for all attacks when using Empowered Attack is increased by 2. +2 DEX and HP.)
Guard (Take half damage from all attacks until the beginning of your next turn. +2 to CON.)
Kingdom Training (+1 to attack and damage with all attacks using a weapon. +2 STR.

Oomph has LEVELED UP! Choose between...
And You're Out! (Make three regular attacks in quick succession! Costs 75% of your maximum MP. +2 DEX.)
Shell Spin (You can make a regular attack at Range 5 but with 1/2 damage when you use Shell Cover.)
OOMPH STRONG! (Gain +2 to STR, CON and Max HP.)

Bradley has LEVELED UP! Choose between...
Ambient Siphon (Regain MP naturally at a rate of 1 per turn. +1 INT.)
Elemental Aura (You can change your element to any element except Null for 4 turns. Four turn cooldown.)
Now No One Can See Me (Any attacks targeting you until the beginning of your next turn passes right through you unless the attacker succeeds a WIS save vs. DC 15. Major action, no cost.)

Spoiler: Zachary (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOMPH (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dirk (CJ1145) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 07:40:54 pm by freeformschooler »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 61: Ghastly Ends and Blue Beginnings
« Reply #1266 on: September 24, 2012, 07:35:21 pm »

(If Ambient Siphon functions even during RP turns, then... yeah, that so hard. Have to think about it if not.)

Bradley looked north, saw the newcomer, and immediately floated around to hide behind Ochita. "Um, um... h-hi?" he said nervously. "M-my name is, um, Bradley O-Oliver Oakes, um, what's yours?" he asked, peeking at Dirk from over Ochita's shoulder.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: September 24, 2012, 07:37:34 pm »

(If Ambient Siphon functions even during RP turns, then... yeah, that so hard. Have to think about it if not.)

(It does. After all, you'll be doing stuff anyway during those.)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: September 24, 2012, 07:40:16 pm »

Oomph waved to the Blue Man. Time for Oomph Diplomacy!

"Oomph am saying Hello! Is you friend or foe, Big Nose? We already have Wimpy Ghost with blue hat, and little blue mushroomhead man, so you big nose with blue shirt is welcome to join us!"

After, Oomph decided to see if he could find tasty magic leftover from the Ghast Guys. Surely, they left something behind for him to use!

Action: Try to drain remnant mana from the area of defeated Ghast Guys and replenish my powers!
Level Up: OOMPH STRONG
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: September 24, 2012, 07:45:55 pm »

(Random compliment, but I was just looking at the art for Dirk, and I dunno, I just really like the small things. The text for the name Dirk, for example, is very, very Mario. ^^^ I also like the little tokens on the map as well, each are instantly recognizable, and the way the attacks are presented visually... just all of that. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: September 24, 2012, 07:50:14 pm »

Ochita rolled his eyes slightly as bradley flew behind him, but he decided to lower his lance, and shrugged slightly. "Well, thanks for the assist.. Wait, you're that guy who ran after that thing that grabbed me!" Ochita decides to raise his lance again, in a defensive stance.

"Explain yourself, if you would."

Level up: Magical experiment!

Action: None yet.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: September 24, 2012, 08:14:36 pm »

(Random compliment, but I was just looking at the art for Dirk, and I dunno, I just really like the small things. The text for the name Dirk, for example, is very, very Mario. ^^^ I also like the little tokens on the map as well, each are instantly recognizable, and the way the attacks are presented visually... just all of that. ^^^)

(Thank you. Seven or so months of practice makes a difference :D)

(Also, apologies to CJ for setting up his character in such a silly manner. I was not as good a GM back then.)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:17:54 pm by freeformschooler »

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: September 24, 2012, 09:35:31 pm »

KIIINGDOM TRAINING

Joe: LOOTIN'
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: September 25, 2012, 12:44:59 am »

"I would also like to know about you. You seem out of sorts around here."

LEVEL UP: Inspection I

Search for loot!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: September 25, 2012, 09:21:14 am »

Only waiting on CJ now. For the moment, some patch notes:

Combat
-Limit break requirement is now 1/4 (ronded down, sorry Ochita :P) HP instead of 1/3.
-The DEX bonuses were a bit silly, so DEX now only increases AC and Initiative. Move will be 3 for all characters and must be changed through more involved means.
-Only weapons which specify attack/damage boosts from stats will get any. More fun to shake it up, hmm?
-For battles after this one, after-battle loot will now be distributed automatically instead of requiring a search. There are tables that determine the type and quality of item(s) you get.
-Because it doesn't get any bonuses anyway, Drain I has been changed back to 1d6 draining to make it more effective.

Questions for the players
-Would you prefer me to run "mini-turns" during the non-combat portions just to speed things up or keep it on a normal wait for everyone basis?
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 122